Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
Jansports
Serious_Much
User1
Dibsville
8 posters

What I do on every new playthrough

Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

What I do on every new playthrough Empty What I do on every new playthrough

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:27 pm

I start off by speed running through the Undead Asylum.
    5 minutes.

As soon as I reach Firelink, I run down to New Londo. I use a Transient Curse and start farming the ghosts for a Jagged Ghost Blade. This can take anywhere from 3-100 kills, depending on my luck. Through all these kills, I obtain enough souls for the Sorcerer's Catalyst, Soul Arrow, and Heavy Soul Arrow. I pick up the Fire Keeper Soul from the three ghosts on the bridge. Now it's time to run through for every item. At this point I already have the Estoc and the two Transient Curses, as well as the Soul of a Lost Undead. Fire Keeper Soul comes next. I go break the pots and collect two more curses. I run up the stairs, across the bridge. I run in the room then go to the open area on the right. I stand there for about 3 seconds so the ghost blocking the door moves. Now I run down the stairs and grab the Parrying Dagger. I continue along, past the Fog Gate and grab the final two curses. Now I run through the fog gate and kick down the ladder. I pick up the Soul of a Proud Knight as no ghost will attack me while grabbing it. I continue along. I jump over the broken bridge gap, and grab the Green titanite Shard. I turn around and grab the soul, the continue along to the Composite Bow. Now I run back and grab the Humanity. I turn around, go on the roof, grab the Rare Ring of Sacrifice, and jump off. I run in, grab the Soul of a Proud Knight, I jump through the hole in the wall, turn around, and run to the Cursebite Ring. Then I commit suicide. I now have every item in New Londo, and I haven't even attacked any ghosts past the first part.

Next comes the Catacombs. I already know I'll need homeward bones for this area, so I jump down the elevator shaft and grab everything. I grab all the misc souls around Firelink, as well as reinforce my Estus and grab the Firebombs. Now I suicide run for every item in the graveyard, ending at the Binoculars. I turn around and run into the entrance of the Catacombs. I run down and turn the first lever. I don't kill the Necro, there's no need. I continue along and pick up the Lucerne. I then run through to the second lever, and grab the Soul of a Proud Knight behind me. I run across the bridge and roll off the side-- I kick off any skeletons that follow me. It won't kill them, but it will get them off my back. I run up and say "No" to Patches. I run across the bridge, through the Fog Gate, and down to the Darkmoon Seance Ring. I grab this every playthrough, no matter what the conditions are. I use it on every playthrough. Now I continue along, rage at the developer message that says "Up" and I grab TWoP. I go through the floor and do the same catacombs run I did before. I say "No" to Patches again, and I turn the lever. I run down. I go through and pick up the Great Scythe, then I use Soul Arrows or the Composite Bow to kill the Necro by knocking him off. I turn the lever, and run to the second Green titanite Shard. I consume some of the souls I have picked up so I have 8.4k total. I buy 9 shards, and upgrade a weapon to Fire. Normally the Great Scythe if I have 14 DEX, or the Lucerne. If I'm doing a STR build, I'll upgrade my starting weapon, which will most likely be Battle Axe. Now I run through and kill Pinwheel with my new fire weapon. I get the mask, and continue along. When I reach the third tomb you slide down, I slide to the right for a Humanity. I burst through Patches dialogue, and have him kick me down. I pick up a Large Soul of a Proud Knight (two of them), and the Skull Lantern. I homeward out with my 15k souls. I level up from here.

There is one more place for me to go before I can start the run.
    Blight Town.
    First thing I do is open the door and grab the soul. I run through to the undead dragon, grab the Soul of a Proud Knight, Astora's Straightsword, and the Dragoncrest shield. I hug the wall and roll through his swipe. I continue along to the first Drake. I take a quick right and pick up the Humanity. I run out, cross the bridge, pick up the Bandit's gear, and climb the ladder. I grab the Red Tearstone Ring and jump off. I jump off so I will land next to the door, this will allow me to live. I run across the bridge and activate the elevator. I reactivate it so it goes down, and I continue along. I kill the BK by backstabbing him off, and I pick up the Grass Crest Shield. I run up and kill the Lizard. I continue and I parry Havel to death for Havel's Ring. I grab the Hunter Gear and longbow, then I kill the four treemen. I talk to Andrei and learn "Hurrah!", and I buy a Broadsword. I turn around and go get the Wolf Ring, I'm sure I don't have to describe that. I run back to Andrei and up to the Firekeeper Soul. I pick it up and go down the elevator. Almost done!

I reinforce my Flask and go down to New Londo again. I go through to Blighttown, my second favourite area, (behind Painted World). I grab the Key, and then down to the Crimson Armor. I don't bother with the Firekeeper soul as I like to keep Anastacia alive. I continue down to the swamp. I pick up the Large titanite Shard, and then the Large Soul of a Proud Knight. I go grab the Pyromancer gear, and the Poison Mist pyro. I pick up the other two Large Soul of a Proud Knights, then I run through to the Great Hollow, getting the Plank Shield and a Twin Humanity. I jump down to the Cloranthy Ring and go back to Blighttown. I start to go from the bottom up. I pick up the Wanderer gear and the Falchion. I continue up and grab the whip. Now comes the hardest part of my new run. I grab the soul and climb the ladder. I kill the Blowdart ***, and I run to the cave. I kill 5 Ghouls by kicking them off. I go down the ladder and kill the "Thing". I grab Power Within. I grab the soul, go up the ladder, kill the two dogs as well as a Ghoul. Then I completely go through Blighttown. It would take too long to describe so I will just list what I pick up.
    Shadow Set, Iaito, Soul of a Proud Knight (2), Blooming Purple Moss Clump (3), Humanity, Eagle Shield. I homeward out with about 8k souls.

I have officially gotten almost everything I could possibly need for a new run. If I'm making a DEX build, I'll run back to Vamos and make my Iaito to +5, otherwise I'm good to go for Tauros Demon. I do this on EVERY new playthrough, and it normally takes about 3 hours.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

What I do on every new playthrough Empty Re: What I do on every new playthrough

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Sounds like a bumper guide on how to speedrun. I like.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:29 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Sounds like a bumper guide on how to speedrun. I like.
    When I do all this, I'm able to skip through these three areas, saving me about 2 hours on each run. happy
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Hax.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:52 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Hax.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:52 pm

That was what I was getting at. silly
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:54 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:That was what I was getting at. silly
    Sure
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:54 pm

Nope.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:55 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Nope.
    Yep
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:56 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:01 pm

You're too casul
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:29 pm

You are too comboi.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:33 pm

On every playthrough i summon solaire for the gargoyles, and noone else..

I also summon tarkus for the golem, mildred for quelaag and beatrice for butterfly.

I just feel empty inside if I don't use my awesome NPC friends.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Serious_Much wrote:On every playthrough i summon solaire for the gargoyles, and noone else..

I also summon tarkus for the golem, mildred for quelaag and beatrice for butterfly.

I just feel empty inside if I don't use my awesome NPC friends.
    Always.
    I sometimes summon Laurtrec for gargoyles
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:35 pm

Solaire > Gargoyles.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:35 pm

summoning lautrec for gargoyles is effort though, don't you have to unlock him, then go to bonfire so that he's at firelink then summon him?

I did have him once, but can't remember how i did it... not that it matters, he's a giant **** anyway.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

Serious_Much wrote:summoning lautrec for gargoyles is effort though, don't you have to unlock him, then go to bonfire so that he's at firelink then summon him?

I did have him once, but can't remember how i did it... not that it matters, he's a giant **** anyway.
    1. Free him
    2. Talk to him in Firelink
    3. Summon him
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:37 pm

4. Too much to do.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:19 pm

I always start by running to the undead merchant in the Burg and buying a heater shield (unless I started with one) Get a Shortbow or the light Xbow depending on how high my Dex will be. Drop those starting souls and the lost undeads into Arrows or Bolts. Suicide back to firelink. Go grab the New londo Fire keeper soul, which I've been able to grab and get out of there without needing to use a curse. Run out into the Valley grab the few items there (mostly RTSR) Down into Btown for PW a suicide. Turn Human Summon Leeroy get the Rite and a mask, then into the Tomb for the Silver Serpent Ring.

Takes about an hour and leaves me about SL20 and with a ton of junk. getting the SSR and just leaving it on as you go through the game normally is a HUGE BOON. I normally finish upgrading my Pyro right after Getting the Lord Vessel.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:11 am

Jansports wrote:I always start by running to the undead merchant in the Burg and buying a heater shield (unless I started with one) Get a Shortbow or the light Xbow depending on how high my Dex will be. Drop those starting souls and the lost undeads into Arrows or Bolts. Suicide back to firelink. Go grab the New londo Fire keeper soul, which I've been able to grab and get out of there without needing to use a curse. Run out into the Valley grab the few items there (mostly RTSR) Down into Btown for PW a suicide. Turn Human Summon Leeroy get the Rite and a mask, then into the Tomb for the Silver Serpent Ring.

Takes about an hour and leaves me about SL20 and with a ton of junk. getting the SSR and just leaving it on as you go through the game normally is a HUGE BOON. I normally finish upgrading my Pyro right after Getting the Lord Vessel.
    That's what I did when I first started grabbing things before Tauros, but then I started doing more... and more... and more...
    It wasn't until just recently that I started farming for the Jagged Ghost Blade.
    Nugget
    Nugget
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Nugget Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:50 am

When I start a new game, I make my new character, and stare him/her right in the face. I let them get to know me. My faults, my strengths, how quickly my beard grows, the works. This takes around nine hours to do properly. I key eyedrops handy, since if I blink or look away, the exercise is pointless.

Once the opening cutscene has finished, I pace around in the opening cell for around half an hour before picking up the key. I instill in myself an iron patience, and recall that desire is suffering. I call my loved ones and make sure they are okay. After I pick up the key, I leave the game on and shower in ice cold water to cleanse myself of fear. I also take the time to condition my hair.

Finally, I return to the screen, but do not pick up the controller until I have consumed the sacred meal, which consists of a single egg, sunny side up, a fried chicken breast, and a single olive with the pit. The egg, represents birth, and the fried chicken, death. I use the olive to test my temperance.

At last, I begin my run, perfectly prepared. I highly recommend that everyone try playing the game this way, as it will remarkably increase your skill and highly enhance the experience.

Also, I usually kill the undead merchant after I buy the repair/bottomless boxes for his sweet sword.
    Tchuwib
    Tchuwib
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Tchuwib Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:52 am

I do the basic up to firelink. Then run down elevator shaft, do the all around pick up of item and if lucky the way back directly to firelink grabbing the soul stack. Then it's all the way down to new londo to grab firekeepersoul. After that it was usually the dragonzombie item and go down in blight to get crimson sealer armor. But now I just grab what I need and wait to get in the forest right after Havel to get the elite knight set. Then it's all the way up to the blacksmith and try to go grab the claymore.

Now farm some soul, upgrade the basic of the armor and sword that I have so far. Once I'm a bit OP, I killed lautrec for FaP (side note, while I was writing this I forgot that I had symbole of avarice head piece on. If I would have not heard it I could have die twice and lose everything :S). Anyway, from there, it's the normal route. I just make sure to go back to kill havel with the help of a summoned ghost and it's all smooth sailing from there.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:15 am

Speedrun the Asylum. Skip my shield, only grab my weapon. I punch the damn knight so he will drop things faster.

Upon Reaching Firelink shrine I grab the bones, then rush the catacombs. Presuming I don't get murdered I pick up 19500 consumable souls here. If all goes to plan I homeward out after killing pinwheel for another 15000.

Kindle Fire to 20. Use masterkey to head to Parish. Make +5 weapon and kill gargoyles.

Level up, I get to approximately level 39.

Head to blight town, pick up all soul items, and kill Quelagg and Ceasless Discharge.

Homeward Bone back to Firelink. Level up to level 52.

Progress through Sens, do not kill anything, kill golem and rest at AL. Kill firekeeper after leveling up to 55.

Charge through Anor Londo, kill S.O.

Walk up to the princess's door... get all antsy...
    Open the door.
    Everybody walk the dinosaur.
    psychichobo
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by psychichobo Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:34 pm

The main thing I do on every playthrough is level up a bow or crossbow like crazy early on.

There are MANY things in Dark Souls I am NOT fighting at close quarters.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 1:01 pm