Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Frank_White
CarverUpqik
Serious_Much
Rynn
Dibsville
ResIsBestStat
EverlastingRat
DE5PA1R
Juutas
User1
BIG TIME MASTER
15 posters

Miyazaki is always right

Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Miyazaki is always right - Page 2 Empty Re: Miyazaki is always right

Post by Frank_White Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:23 am

RenegadeCop wrote:I have my doubts too. Later, when it comes out, marriage comes closer, studies get harder, and I will have to do more work. I have no idea if I will find the time to play it or not.

It's not a real marriage if you're getting married with a MLP toy or your anime pillow.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:27 am

Old Frankies back at it.

He's like a red phantom. He invades threads, causes chaos and destruction, then leaves only when enough Sunbros and white phantoms chase him off.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:36 pm

hahahahaha.... I don't know this frankie guy, since I'm new to the forums, but that description gave me this comical imagery... his avatar is mothafuqn Christopher Walken, tinted red which goes with the red phantom analogy, and imagining Mr. Walken on the DkS forums talkin' shhht is hilarious, even more if he was a NPC in the game lol
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:27 pm

Frank_White wrote:
    RenegadeCop wrote:I have my doubts too. Later, when it comes out, marriage comes closer, studies get harder, and I will have to do more work. I have no idea if I will find the time to play it or not.

It's not a real marriage if you're getting married with a MLP toy or your anime pillow.

Frank, did you ever consider there is a reason your rep is -22?
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:21 pm

Screw that. If I eat an amazing steak at a restaurant I'm going to keep eating until I puke and then I'm going to eat some more.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:14 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:
    Frank_White wrote:

You know he wants a reaction right?

I'm sure everyone appreciated the amusing little jab, but it's obviously not the truth- the comment doesn't merit a response.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:18 am

Djem wrote:Screw that. If I eat an amazing steak at a restaurant I'm going to keep eating until I puke and then I'm going to eat some more.

I was going to write something but then i saw this. THIS. Wave Praise the Sun Proper Bow
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:56 am

Ashran wrote:
    Djem wrote:Screw that. If I eat an amazing steak at a restaurant I'm going to keep eating until I puke and then I'm going to eat some more.

I was going to write something but then i saw this. THIS. Wave Praise the Sun Proper Bow

Lol. You glutton.
    Longshot
    Longshot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Longshot Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:37 am

sequels always has me thinking 'will they get the continuity right?' i hope all the lore meshes well. the DLC had some parts which made me think they done goofed, not to mention the 'hold your hands' gameplay.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Ashran wrote:

I was going to write something but then i saw this. THIS. Miyazaki is always right - Page 2 1361424789 Miyazaki is always right - Page 2 639795459 Miyazaki is always right - Page 2 945058907

Praise the Sun brother. Praise the Sun
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:02 pm

Djem,

I was laughing at your post, but then I really thought about it in my "thinking chair" and at it's core you have summed up the exact principle I was trying to convey with my original post.

It seems we are at a direct confrontation in the way we view it, and your analogy hits the nail on the head. I won't knock you for being a gluttonous heathen and eating your steak until you hate it and then dying of heart failure (see how I said I wouldn't insult you then did? lol), but I am glad that circumstances are going to force me to just remember the remarkable flavor and let its legend grow with time.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:31 pm

I get what you are saying, I really do. It's like when you discover a new song, you just keep repeatedly listening to it until you're bored of it and have to search for a new song. Now we both need to find a new song to listen to, but I want the song to be from the same band that did the old song. Even if it means they'll change their style, it will still be them. Is that so bad?
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:44 pm

No.

But a big part of what made DKS special is lost in a sequel. It will have to be significantly different to recapture the despair of joy of learning and fear of the unknown that DKS created.

I think it is going to end up like how DKS was for DES players or vice versa. I played DES after DKS, and yes I absolutely enjoyed it, but it wasn't the same. I knew exactly how to play a Souls game. I cautiously crept through each level, I knew the best ways to build my character and his equipment, and I generally had little fear. In short, I knew what to expect.

DKS/DES (whichever you played first) is what it is because of the fear/desperation we all felt while having to adapt to an unforgiving new environment that pulled no punches.

DKS II will no doubt be awesome if it follows the trend set by DKS, but it can't ever be the same as the original. It just isn't possible to do without it being and entirely new and different game. That's all.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:38 pm

I never said DKSII will be as great an experience as DKS. I, like you, played DeS after DkS and I felt the same way you did.

But DeS was a great game nontheless, and was totally worth playing. If that will be the same with DkSII, I can see no reason whatsoever to not make a sequel.

I mean, if DkS/DeS being the better game is about which one you played first, then producers should just quit the series after they release a game, and never ever again release a sequel for any game, just because it wont feel the same.

I just hope they make bosses even harder than DkS so even though we are veterans of the Souls series we'll die a **** of times and rage and hit the screen and curse the game.
    BIG TIME MASTER
    BIG TIME MASTER
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by BIG TIME MASTER Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Djem wrote:

I mean, if DkS/DeS being the better game is about which one you played first, then producers should just quit the series after they release a game, and never ever again release a sequel for any game, just because it wont feel the same.

That's what I want them to do. DKS is not like any other game. It's special.
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:29 pm

ACTUALLY you would be wrong Demons came first therefor you would have never played DkS if they quit after the first one
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:28 pm

CarverUpqik wrote:ACTUALLY you would be wrong Demons came first therefor you would have never played DkS if they quit after the first one

yup, people are only worried because they got a big number 2 right next to the game title, making it a...how can i put it...oh yeah, SEQUEL!
    come on people! why on earth would you not want them to make another Souls game?
    Im already excited about it!
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:06 am

RenegadeCop wrote:

Actually it's -23, and it's Mister White to you, sexually confused autist.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:45 am