Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+19
Ashran
RANT
WandererReece
The Letter X
megaoptamas759
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Elifia
vegan666
Dubscythe
Shindori
Myztyrio
User1
Phoenix Rising
Djem
Zeta Prime
Halicarnassis
Forum Pirate
ublug
Automancer
23 posters

Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal by IGN.

RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal by IGN. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal by IGN.

Post by RANT Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:05 pm

also, this better come out for ps4.
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal by IGN. - Page 2 Empty Re: Dark Souls 2 Gameplay Reveal by IGN.

Post by The Letter X Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:12 pm

Phoenix Rising wrote:
    The Letter X wrote:Looks like no more dual wielding for me.

Why not if I may ask?

It will be more common, and easier if I had to guess. My hopes will be that Iit will hold some depth to it, and it will deter most people from it. I'll always have katana and scythes if they choose to keep them though. silly
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:17 pm

It just occured to me that dual wielded Scythes could be quite a pain.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:18 pm

ok after looking at the vid more closely, looks like reg axes don't stagger anymore or are at least faster. I WANT the mace the turtle guys are using too and the sack is back? the guy that throws those giant axes looks like he's wearing a sack.
    Ashran
    Ashran
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Ashran Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:21 pm

>good-looking axes
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 pm

I don't get the whole cartoony thing you guys are on about, it looks exactly the *** same :|

Combat is more fluid which in my opinion is good, couple extra mechanics.. Bonfires are back and hopefully you don't get given 20 of the healing item every time, would be too easy.

They've improved bows I see- you can fire while moving and firing is faster, THANK GOD. I may actually do a pure range for my first character now...

Disappointed we didn't get a look at the magic, presume it'll be the same or they havent done the tweaks they want to yet. No MP bar, so looks like it'll be casts linked to bonfires again.

They've got in some larger monsters which is good- too many things in souls were littlem I wanna fight big guys so fun happy
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:I'm not too keen on the two slots under the shield and the single one under the weapon... I get the feeling the upgrade system is going to use gems or something simple. In the interview after they talk about reusability of items... thats going to take away the joy of wasting shards and chunks on the wrong upgrades if you can just take out gems and reuse them... and why go through NG+++ just to get 3 claymores. . . hmmm not happy if this is the case. Time will tell oh Slayer of Demons.
    Look at the part in the video when he has two Healing Stones. Those slots are actually the Quick Item Access slots (The ones you press X or Square to activate)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:26 pm

@serious I actually think that bows beign a lot faster is gonna make them so damn annoying in pvp(they're already annoying enough) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:46 pm

RantFromRant wrote:@serious I actually think that bows beign a lot faster is gonna make them so damn annoying in pvp(they're already annoying enough) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think considering that the game actually revolves mostly around PvE, improving them was pretty much necessary.. I think the fact the character moved much slower while shooting means it's fairly balanced though.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:04 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    RantFromRant wrote:@serious I actually think that bows beign a lot faster is gonna make them so damn annoying in pvp(they're already annoying enough) but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I think considering that the game actually revolves mostly around PvE, improving them was pretty much necessary.. I think the fact the character moved much slower while shooting means it's fairly balanced though.

yeah it is a pve focused game but imo after the arena thing it mean that they acknowledged the pvp community which means that they better think about how things will be balanced on both pve and pvp.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:09 pm

imo the arena should be buried and let to die.. The whole pvp ethos was completely rocked by that in my opinion, and invading just felt like i was invading questers rather than people looking for PvP..

But still I'd argue there is more emphasis by a long, long way. Especially considering pvp is only very limited even with the arena added, it's definitely just meant as something to toy around with in addition to the main game
    Frank_White
    Frank_White
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Frank_White Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:16 am

Looks amazing, damn I'm excited now, not so worried anymore.
    Remember, it's far from being complete, and in game development graphics are finished last so it will look a lot better by release.
    Also, since it's a demo they very likely gave him max heal stones (the new flasks it seems?) and 99 END so he could wield all that stuff and medium roll.
    BagerX2
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by BagerX2 Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:25 am

RantFromRant wrote:also, this better come out for ps4.
    I would love for this to happen, but for some reason I dont think it will. I really hope Im wrong on this one because if not Ill end up having my new ps4 and never playing it sad.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:42 am

I just rewatched the gamplay video and noticed a few things relateds to dodging. The character turned and rolled forward while being locked on, instead of doing a backroll, when he rolled away from the enemy. Maybe this is related to equip burden? It also looked like his roll speed got slower when he pulled out the greatsword, but he was also stunned at the end of the roll so it could just be imaginary.

And some speculation related to the 'item healthbars' on the quick select I mentioned somewhere else: Maybe the torch will slowly burn up when you use it, so the bar is also an indication of how much light you have at your disposal?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:53 pm