Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+7
Dibsville
JamieJae
Tolvo
Myztyrio
morte
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Thedeadships
11 posters

Pyromancy buff?

Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

Pyromancy buff? Empty Pyromancy buff?

Post by Thedeadships Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:39 pm

Soo reading some of the forums of late, I'm a bit surprised to see how many people are calling out for a buff on pyromancy. My question to those who want it is, why?
    Now first off all of my characters, but 1 are str or dex builds, but I do have one Sl 120 pyro and I feel he can deal out some good damage with the right spell rotation.
    The only thing I can think off is it would be nice if the fireballs animation was similar to the soul arrows instead of a stupid lob. So just out of curiosity, what would you like to see changed?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Pyromancy buff? Empty Re: Pyromancy buff?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:48 pm

I don't really get it either, but people seem to want it.

It's not that big a deal for me.
    morte
    morte
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by morte Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:53 pm

Perhaps they would scale with attunement or something like that, and it would act independent of normal slots, which sould instead scale with int for spell slots, faith for miracle slots, and attunement for pyromancy slots.

I think it is because it can be so overpowering at lower levels, that some players want to stop griefing and thus make pyromancies scale, which is what I am assuming you mean by buff, with a stat so that it is more ballanced overall.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Pyros are OP. So little cost, so easily enhance-able, very useable in both PvE and PvP.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Oh, I thought he meant a buff like SLB, CMW, DMB, etc... but for Pyro.
    Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thedeadships Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:00 pm

I don't exactly know what I mean by buff really, lol, it's just a word I've seen tossed around when asking for a 'pyromancy "buff"'. It's whatever they mean. Morte makes a valid point. I personally don't really think it needs a buff, other than maybe a similar distance to soul arrows, the lob can be a bit frustrating at times, but that's all I have a against it
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:03 pm

Thedeadships wrote:I don't exactly know what I mean by buff really, lol, it's just a word I've seen tossed around when asking for a 'pyromancy "buff"'. It's whatever they mean. Morte makes a valid point. I personally don't really think it needs a buff, other than maybe a similar distance to soul arrows, the lob can be a bit frustrating at times, but that's all I have a against it

Face my pyro/dex, you'll change your mind about pyromancies needing a "buff."
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:04 pm

I wouldn't mind a pyromancy buff if it basically did the same damage as the resin, or whatever is in Dark Souls 2. That way you wouldn't have to spend money of the buffs but it wouldn't give every single player a powerful buff that could match SLB or DMB (Whatever will be in Dark Souls 2 ) without any stat investment aside from attunement.
    JamieJae
    JamieJae
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by JamieJae Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Honestly I always considered power within to be the pyromancy buff if we refer to weapon buffs. If you mean a more damaging pyro flame then no way, when GC can do 300-500 damage a hit with 8 casts (?) I find it already enough. And since it is only based off of the souls put into it and nothing to do with stat investment it seems fair to keep it not as powerful as scalable sorceries
    Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thedeadships Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:10 pm

Myztyrio, I'm sure it's a good toon, but that's my point it doesn't need a buff
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:13 pm

I don't see why a fireball that you lob should travel the same distance as a magical beam that you project from a staff.
    Thedeadships
    Thedeadships
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Thedeadships Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:19 pm

I'm probably just over thinking it, I'd just like a pyromancer to throw a fireball farther or at least as far as an 8yr old can throw a baseball...

I'll just stick to my Melee builds
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:24 pm

I have a Pyro build that uses Fire Surge to lure people into a corner, then uses Chaos Fire Whip so they can't escape.
    800 damage, if the have no poise the lava will stunlock them and the second part of the whip will hit, normally resulting in a OHKO.
    Buffs for Pyromancies are already included, but only for spell damage, although that goes for all magics. Either way, I would LOVE to see a Pyromancy that puts Fire on your weapon, say an attuneable Charcoal Pine Resin.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:30 pm

Everyone who wants a "Pyro Buff" wants a "Pyro Weapon Buff" silly

Probably a Poison or a Fire one, honestly.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:10 am

Pyromancy buff? FQijqrv
    Everyone in the entire world wants to be able to do this.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:18 am

I would love a WEAPON buff, but it shouldn't be more powerful than great magic weapon and even then im not sure about it since pyro has no cons, the only thing that makes PW balanced is that it drains your vit and the last patch is how PW should've always been. on the other hand a pyro flame buff would be so stupid, that thing is so ridiculously unbalanced its not even funny, all you need is att slots, mayb if they came up with another attribute that could make it scale with pyro then i'd be ok with it, maybe.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:26 am

Poliwrath wrote:Pyromancy buff? FQijqrv
    Everyone in the entire world wants to be able to do this.

Mm, suggestive.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:35 am

RantFromRant wrote:I would love a WEAPON buff, but it shouldn't be more powerful than great magic weapon and even then im not sure about it since pyro has no cons, the only thing that makes PW balanced is that it drains your vit and the last patch is how PW should've always been. on the other hand a pyro flame buff would be so stupid, that thing is so ridiculously unbalanced its not even funny, all you need is att slots, mayb if they came up with another attribute that could make it scale with pyro then i'd be ok with it, maybe.
    I just want a buff with Fire on it, I think it should be stronger than GMW, but weaker than SLB.
    DMB > CMW > SLB > [Pyro Buff] > GMW > MW
    Thus, we can have a strong magic, a strong lightning, and a strong pyro, and then DMB for OPness.
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:00 am

Pyromancy has a buff, power within. Anything else is just ridiculous. You get almost 200 AR with GMW, and that doesn't require much stat investment. You want flames on your weapon? Charcoal resin it is.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:49 am

O1va_ wrote:Pyromancy has a buff, power within. Anything else is just ridiculous. You get almost 200 AR with GMW, and that doesn't require much stat investment. You want flames on your weapon? Charcoal resin it is.
    Power Within isn't really "our" buff when it comes to Pyromancy; It's much better on a Sorcery/Faith build so it can be used along with CMW and DMB, ALONG with the fact that you can use it with Crystal Soul Spear or similar to boost it's damage up to the obscene.

Even if PyroBuff was only worth 150 damage max level, it would still help.
    O1va_
    O1va_
    Regular
    Regular

Post by O1va_ Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:59 am

Slarg232 wrote:
    O1va_ wrote:Pyromancy has a buff, power within. Anything else is just ridiculous. You get almost 200 AR with GMW, and that doesn't require much stat investment. You want flames on your weapon? Charcoal resin it is.
    Power Within isn't really "our" buff when it comes to Pyromancy; It's much better on a Sorcery/Faith build so it can be used along with CMW and DMB, ALONG with the fact that you can use it with Crystal Soul Spear or similar to boost it's damage up to the obscene.

Even if PyroBuff was only worth 150 damage max level, it would still help.

Power within + pine resin = 168 AR, not what you asked for but still. IMO +40% AR (or damage, I don't remember) and healthdrain is alot more useful (and more fair considering the stat investment needed) than 150AR buff, in PvP thats useless and in PvE you can make minor investment in INT and get a stronger buff.

And power within still has its drawback when used with faith and int so I think its still balanced, you'll do a ton of damage but it doesn't come free.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:27 pm