Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Why do people think DkSII is a prequel?

hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Why do people think DkSII is a prequel? Empty Why do people think DkSII is a prequel?

Post by hey its andres Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:03 am

The developers have implied, quite heavily, that the game is going to be a sequel. Not only this, but why do people think we'll see DkSI areas (Painted World) in DkSII? From has actually said, pretty blatantly, that it will NOT take place anywhere near Lordran.

I'm sorry I see all these hypotheses about how it's a prequel, takes place before Age of Fire (How can it if you're undead?), and will be set in Lordran. Please someone, if you believe in any of these please give me some reasons and evidence for them. Prostration
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Why do people think DkSII is a prequel? Empty Re: Why do people think DkSII is a prequel?

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:19 am

I think it's the existence of the bonfires that lead people to believe it will be a prequel. The idea being that the fire's been freshly kindled by Gwyn.

Also, the preponderance of dragons leads many to surmise that this an era before the events of DkS1 where there only exist 2 dragons (Kalameet is from an earlier age).
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Why do people think DkSII is a prequel? Empty Re: Why do people think DkSII is a prequel?

Post by Hue Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:39 am

Long bridge that leads to a castle on top of a "mountain", it's enough to assume that it could be the intact painted world

It could also be a prequel because there are so many drakes, whose heads are later found in Anor Londo, in DkS1, suggesting that most of them are dead, and the rest was pinned down to a single location
    It would suggest that the lords hunted dragons first, then drakes, or that the latter didn't even exist by that time

There's also a slight "facial" resemblance between drakes, and Seath the Scaleless, which could also mean, as stated by ENB, that he created them in an attempt to recreate the scales of immortality

Maybe the game is set right before when the Witch of Izalith tried to recreate the first flame, Seath lost his mind, the four Kings were corrupted by the abyss, pinwheels emprisoned Nito in his tomb, and Gwyn sets out with to link the flame, with half of his knights with special anti-demon weapons to defend him from eventual fire spamming fatties
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:59 am

even if its not near lordran doesnt mean ariamis cant be in it ariamis isnt actually in lordran the one you go to in DkS1 is just a painting OF ariamis made to imprison priscilla. peronally i think astora is going to be involved in it somehow since the elite knight armor is in it again and the elite armor is from astora
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:05 am

CarverUpqik wrote:even if its not near lordran doesnt mean ariamis cant be in it ariamis isnt actually in lordran the one you go to in DkS1 is just a painting OF ariamis made to imprison priscilla. peronally i think astora is going to be involved in it somehow since the elite knight armor is in it again and the elite armor is from astora
    Please, define "Lordran"
    Where is it? does it include New Londo? Anor Londo? Oolacile? Izalith?
    CarverUpqik
    CarverUpqik
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by CarverUpqik Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:08 am

Hachouma wrote:
    CarverUpqik wrote:even if its not near lordran doesnt mean ariamis cant be in it ariamis isnt actually in lordran the one you go to in DkS1 is just a painting OF ariamis made to imprison priscilla. peronally i think astora is going to be involved in it somehow since the elite knight armor is in it again and the elite armor is from astora
    Please, define "Lordran"

i think you misunderstand im not saying its NOT part of lordran im saying just because the magic painting is there doesnt mean it IS part of lordran . it very well could be but noone know since you dont know if the painting takes you to the real ariamis or if its just a mystical painting that holds the image of ariamis in it (if that makes sense)
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:32 am

CarverUpqik wrote:
    Hachouma wrote:
    Please, define "Lordran"

i think you misunderstand im not saying its NOT part of lordran im saying just because the magic painting is there doesnt mean it IS part of lordran . it very well could be but noone know since you dont know if the painting takes you to the real ariamis or if its just a mystical painting that holds the image of ariamis in it (if that makes sense)
    I thought Ariamis was the painter....
    But the thing is we don't know what is lordran, is it a country? is it the whole world? are Astora, The Great Swamp, Catarina, Carim, and all the other countries actually part of Lordran?
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:17 am

I'm glad someone else thought this as well. The painting is just that, a painting with the ability to live in it. This location with drakes everywhere could be called the Fort of Ariamis or something which is located on the other side of the world, 6000 miles away from Lordran.

Hachouma wrote:But the thing is we don't know what is lordran, is it a country? is it the whole world? are Astora, The Great Swamp, Catarina, Carim, and all the other countries actually part of Lordran?

Lordran is a land, a kingdom. Remember the Asylum where you start the game is not part of Lordran.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Lordran is a section of the world. I doubt it includes Carim, Astora, and all other locations mentioned in DkS because character from those land venture to Lordran. If they were already in Lordran why would they leave? I can see how the inspiration for the Painted World could be a spot in DkSII, but I doubt that it is the "Mansion of the Dragons" that some claim is. In the first trailer everyone said that the castle is Lordran and if you look back it's clearly the mansion of the Dragons. If the "Painted World Origin," for lack of a better name, is in DkSII then I would expect a hidden, remote fortress of Velka.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:18 am