Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Shield design

phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Shield design Empty Shield design

Post by phastings Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:54 am

Hello everyone! I have entered a design dks shield design contest held on facebook. My design can be viewed thru this facebook link https://apps.facebook.com/darksoulsii/?gallery&action=view&id=2413 - please vote for this design and provide any constructive critisizm.
    - I have incorporated a theme of pvp as tribute to a great aspect of the souls series. this shield is composed of the black eyestone at center-mass, with two dark spirit arms extending outward in opposite directions, where they backstab the archetypal knight at the top and bottom corners of the shield. - Please vote/share if you like my design!
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Shield design Empty Re: Shield design

Post by steveswede Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:06 am

Please show pictures through other means like Photobucket because some of us don't use Facebook due to it's abuse of private information and key logging software.
    Baal-Avatar
    Baal-Avatar
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Baal-Avatar Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:53 am

Moved to Off-Topic.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:29 am

Steve, he's not very likely to show you pictures by other means since you can only vote via facebook. I suppose he could use his design as an avatar.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:10 pm

yea i will put up an avatar. let me know if this image url does not post.. Shield design Invade11
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:24 pm

Phastings, sweet design and good luck. We have a thread for designs there. I linked you to a post by another new member. He did a great job compiling the designs everyone has made and I'm sure we'd all appreciate votes if you like our work too.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:07 pm

absolutely, skarekrow13! thanks for that. I will definitely vote on some too. This is such a cool contest, though a little flawed in they executed it. i remember missing the deadline for dks 1 and was pretty bummed, so am carpe diem'ing the hell outa this one
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:21 pm

I hear ya. I didn't know there was one for Dark Souls until well after the game came out. Naturally that just makes me want to win more
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:04 pm

Wow that design is very good though it still needs that bit of work to get it to Dark Souls standard.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:01 pm

Shield of the Evil Eye
    "Shield created from a mysterious figure who worshipped the Evil Eye and wanted to free its power. This shield is imbued slightly with the power of the Evil Eye and it feeds on souls, making it stronger."
    +30 HP for each enemy or NPC killed
    +Shield bashing with this shield heals 100 HP, but the bash must do damage
    +Backstabbing while having this shield behind your back will cause a special animation where the shield sucks out 50% of the target's souls (Works only in PVP)

Physical resist 100%
    Magic resist 55%
    Fire resist 20%
    Lightning resist 20%
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:22 am

yea I know, I frantically uploaded it prematurely due to the volume of designs per day (that were clogging the pores) just in an attempt to not get washed out into the oblivion gallery pg no. nvm. but I regret it. Even if I get enough votes I will still feel this is incompete and lackluster. The only thing that is keeping me going is comparing it to the other designs that are top voted, plagiarized, or the meme skin: "all of your base are belong to us" Shield. So I then feel obligated to unleash all my influence and get as many votes so I can then be judged by the professionals at From Software and their scrutiny that my design can be tweaked based off of its concept vs execution, which is in respect to the lack there of.
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Shield design Empty youtube promo draft: watch/analyze/critique/vote!

Post by phastings Sun May 12, 2013 2:59 am

Hello Souls brethren,

I have just finished a video for the Dark Souls Shield Design contest, and wanted to share it. the yo9utube link is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK14lEewxUQ

- this is definitely a rudimentary video, as i have pretty much no experience with video editing, save one project i did in college. I do however have a particular love for the souls games, and definitely "get" what makes them so amazing. So please, watch the rather short clip, enjoy, and certainly feel welcome to critique. If you are experienced in graphic design, dont hesitate to let me know what could be done. BTW i used TrakaxPC, which was a default program i chose to use after scrambling for something that was not Adobe priced, and would allow me to use without rapping my PC with malware.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 5:29 pm