Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+12
Nccbd
Hugh_G_Johnson
WaffleGuy
Latitoast
Animaaal
Maneater_Mildred
DigitaLinsanitY
Zeta Prime
Soris Ice Goldwing
ResIsBestStat
LunarFog
pokle312
16 posters

Such a shame....for such a good game.

pokle312
    Casual
    Casual

Such a shame....for such a good game. Empty Such a shame....for such a good game.

Post by pokle312 Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:11 pm

I first like to say, This game is just amazing.I like almost everything story is a bit weak but its fun. So i completed the game and i wanted more so i bought the dlc, I loved the dlc also a bit on the short side but it was okay. So after that i still wanted more... So i started playing on NG+
    After also completing NG+ i was done with the campaign. So i started pvping now here's where it gets bad, I love the way you can battle people and summon people and all the online features. Now this is what destroys the multiplayer THE SPAMMING OF BACKSTABBING AND WRATH OF GODS, I seriously do not understand what is so fun about backstabbing alllllllllllll the time. Like 90% of the online players wear light clothes a scyth and the spell magic weapon and the other 5% spams the f*** out of wrath of gods. The other 5% is good they show respect and do not spam.

Pvp in a nutshell:

Backstab.
    If almost dead run to the other side of the map.
    Waiting for other invader.
    host dead.

And then all over again but then with wrath of god.

I also tried it myself, and i got alot of souls of it. But just really could not find the fun in spamming the flow out of people...

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Such a shame....for such a good game. Empty Re: Such a shame....for such a good game.

Post by LunarFog Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:46 pm

Such a shame....for such a good game. Tumblr_ly9zzjfL0j1qjd4vho1_500
    pokle312
    Casual
    Casual

Such a shame....for such a good game. Empty Re: Such a shame....for such a good game.

Post by pokle312 Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:51 pm

LOL THATS IT RIGHT THERE! I'm the brown guy! Thats how i feel!!!
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 pm

i know dat feel bro, too many strategies that focus on bs fishing, spell spam and turtling
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:54 pm

Welcome to the game that has no soul for kindness. It's not easy but it's livable after a while, just got to expect it when you PvP. Course some places are better than others and not everyone you meet will do this.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 pm

Theres no way to stop it man... you just gotta be better than them! dark souls is survival of the fittest
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:07 pm

I feel you brother. PvP was really frustrating for me before I decided to actively try and improve. After a good 2-3 weeks of "pvp only" it has actually become really enjoyable.

I was able to dead angle a bs fisher to death at the township last night. He didn't even touch me. Two - three weekds ago, if presented with the same situation, I would have probably lost. It was really satisfying.

Feel free to add me (ps3)if you want to duel. I'm by no means a master but I hold my own.
    Maybe I can help you figure things out.

Cheers,
    psnid: digitaiinsanity

*EDIT* P.S. Mention you're fairly new to pvp if you decide to add me. I've been going all out with some wiki members recently and want to make sure I don't give you the same treatment right off the bat.
    pokle312
    Casual
    Casual

Post by pokle312 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:12 pm

If i had a ps3 i would add you sad But i have a xbox360.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

Some days are better than others. You should however not PvP in the forest until you have your combat style down and can counter these things. The rule in the forest is that there are no rules.
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

This wiki has been really helpful to me. I hope some of the active xbox members can help you out.

Cheers mate, good luck.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 pm

I recommend you visit YouTube and check out some counter backstab videos, then find someone on this forum to practice those counters with. Before you know it you will be destroying anyone that backstab fishes. Best of luck and happy backstab fisher hunting.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:24 pm

The xbox members here are really helpful with PvP and such. People like The Letter X, Tinypantha, RenegadeCop, WhatDoesThePendantDo? and myself just to name a few. Also there is Lord Of Ash who is a big name trader on xbox who can help you out with some gear, and items you may need.
    pokle312
    Casual
    Casual

Post by pokle312 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:31 pm

What i currently use

Helm: Dusk helm from dlc
    Armor: Giant +5
    Gauntlest: giant +5
    Legs: Giants +5
    Sword: Moonlight greatsword i like the special attack i use it alot
    Spells: Purseus,Dark bead,5 shooting crystal things(Cant remember name)

If anyone could give me the ultimate pvp set and teach me how to pvp i would really appreciate!

I'm not sure if the gt's what the guy above me said have time for helping.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:34 pm

1:09 is just 4 u 8)
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:40 pm

Oh your wearing full giants armor, maybe that's why people are backstabbing you so much. Even I would bs you, and I don't bs lol
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:40 pm

pokle312 wrote:What i currently use

Helm: Dusk helm from dlc
    Armor: Giant +5
    Gauntlest: giant +5
    Legs: Giants +5
    Sword: Moonlight greatsword i like the special attack i use it alot
    Spells: Purseus,Dark bead,5 shooting crystal things(Cant remember name)

If anyone could give me the ultimate pvp set and teach me how to pvp i would really appreciate!

I'm not sure if the gt's what the guy above me said have time for helping.

Dude you should check yourself first, that is cheaper than WoGx6!
    pokle312
    Casual
    Casual

Post by pokle312 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:42 pm

WoGx6?

And lol at the video
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:48 pm

Look for the signs and learn to dodge it.

For WoTG if you seem him carrying something small in his hands, keep your distance, a lot of people don't know it's true range.

For BS fishing, start an attack and unlock on the direction he's circling you from, you'll have a chance of dead angling him.

Also, if you see a buff, wait it out. Most builds that use buffs have the weakness of being not as powerful without the buff. If it's resin, if he tries to reapply, just Backstab him. It's stupid to let someone boost their damage with melee when damage boosting sorceries is frowned upon.

For pyromancies, watch his movements and you'll know what spells he plans on casting. If he moves toward you it's Combustion of Black Flame. If he's trying to get you in a corner I'd predict a Firestorm, if he keeps his distance he's throwing fireballs. There's also Fire Surge, but it's easily dodge too.

Really, you get used to it, you just have to learn the movements of your enemy, Dark Souls requires a skill most games don't, you have to get in your enemies head and predict his next movements.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:50 pm

Those were not gt's I posted but their forum names. Also Mildred has a point with your gear. You have what a lot of people tend to hate and I admit even I would go below my standards if I saw that. They might not go as far to bs fish and try other cheap things if you changed some things a bit.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:51 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:The xbox members here are really helpful with PvP and such. People like The Letter X, Tinypantha, RenegadeCop, WhatDoesThePendantDo? and myself just to name a few. Also there is Lord Of Ash who is a big name trader on xbox who can help you out with some gear, and items you may need.
    I too, am willing to pass on any knowledge I can.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Personally, I'd backstab you if you left your back open.

You're doing a lot of things that are equally as frowned upon, it's no wonder you're getting backstabbed so much. You're also probably have a fat roll or a mid roll which isn't that helpful for avoiding backstabs.
    pokle312
    Casual
    Casual

Post by pokle312 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:58 pm

lol people think i just stand there and let everyone back stab me....

i uploaded a pvp video a while a go check it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9URdbk-9dY
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:08 pm

You're ganking in the Forest with Dark Bead and the Crown of Dusk and a fat roll.

PvP in the Forest is unrestricted, nothing is cheap, anything is allowed for starters. You cannot complain about anything, it's an established fact that the Forest has no limits to what you are allowed to do.

Also, your build has 50 STR just so you can use Havel's Shield. Not worth it at all.

Also, you're ganking. Most people throw etiquette away the minute they see gankers.

And like I said, your fat roll makes you incredibly easy to backstab. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

If you want, I, and many others are willing to teach you some things about PvP.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:12 pm

Latitoast wrote:You're ganking in the Forest with Dark Bead and the Crown of Dusk and a fat roll.

PvP in the Forest is unrestricted, nothing is cheap, anything is allowed for starters. You cannot complain about anything, it's an established fact that the Forest has no limits to what you are allowed to do.

Also, your build has 50 STR just so you can use Havel's Shield. Not worth it at all.

Also, you're ganking. Most people throw etiquette away the minute they see gankers.

And like I said, your fat roll makes you incredibly easy to backstab. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

If you want, I, and many others are willing to teach you some things about PvP.

This^

You are a white phantom in the forest wearing full giants and havels shield. Only a fool would take you on head on. Bs city is what you will get all day long.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:17 pm

Shields aren't that useful in PvP in the first place.

It's always better to roll instead of block.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 8:51 pm