Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The Best Anti-Piracy Measure Ever

KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

The Best Anti-Piracy Measure Ever Empty The Best Anti-Piracy Measure Ever

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2013/04/29/the-best-anti-piracy-measure-ever?abthid=517e3e9d10e870267a000002

This idea was so brilliant,I laughed my arse off. big grin
    Such irony that only the pirates would experience it.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

The Best Anti-Piracy Measure Ever Empty Re: The Best Anti-Piracy Measure Ever

Post by steveswede Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:36 am

The thing that's killing the industry is the reckless spending on advertizing and the expectation of enormous sales if you just through more money at it. They put the blame on pirates because they don't own up to their own failures and with plenty of great games being made through Kickstarter with really tiny budgets and triple A games being successful when budgeted correctly is really showing up their lies and propaganda.

ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Check Serious Sam 3 anti-piracy
    Then lol
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:38 pm

Piracy does effect the gaming industry but it has the heaviest effect on small budget games that don't have the resources to employ anti-piracy protection on their games. While its not destroying the industry it is hurting it. HOWEVER in my opinion the industries response (much like the music industry) is what is really driving the business into the ground. The prices of games has been driven up considerably, companies will cut other features in order to make use of an online system so that they may charge players in some way shape or form to participate. Whether they have to pay to use online or there are equipment/level packs to be bought. Some companies require you to have an account with them to play their online games. Indie studios however often don't have the resources to do all of this and their games are often the most pirated due to the lack of anti-piracy measures. Customers really should treat pirating games like pirating music. If you like the game and want to support the studio buy the game. If you don't you're contributing to the developers and artists unemployment.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:41 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:Piracy does effect the gaming industry but it has the heaviest effect on small budget games that don't have the resources to employ anti-piracy protection on their games. While its not destroying the industry it is hurting it. HOWEVER in my opinion the industries response (much like the music industry) is what is really driving the business into the ground. The prices of games has been driven up considerably, companies will cut other features in order to make use of an online system so that they may charge players in some way shape or form to participate. Whether they have to pay to use online or there are equipment/level packs to be bought. Some companies require you to have an account with them to play their online games. Indie studios however often don't have the resources to do all of this and their games are often the most pirated due to the lack of anti-piracy measures. Customers really should treat pirating games like pirating music. If you like the game and want to support the studio buy the game. If you don't you're contributing to the developers and artists unemployment.

I don't care anything about big budget companies, but indie games don't deserve being pirated.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:45 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:
    ErrJon6661 wrote:Piracy does effect the gaming industry but it has the heaviest effect on small budget games that don't have the resources to employ anti-piracy protection on their games. While its not destroying the industry it is hurting it. HOWEVER in my opinion the industries response (much like the music industry) is what is really driving the business into the ground. The prices of games has been driven up considerably, companies will cut other features in order to make use of an online system so that they may charge players in some way shape or form to participate. Whether they have to pay to use online or there are equipment/level packs to be bought. Some companies require you to have an account with them to play their online games. Indie studios however often don't have the resources to do all of this and their games are often the most pirated due to the lack of anti-piracy measures. Customers really should treat pirating games like pirating music. If you like the game and want to support the studio buy the game. If you don't you're contributing to the developers and artists unemployment.

I don't care anything about big budget companies, but indie games don't deserve being pirated.

Exactly. Sadly there are people who really don't care about the people making the game. The big companies can take the loss but the smaller ones feel every pirated copy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:51 pm