Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+17
Ghadis_God
User1
aceluby
Halicarnassis
Sentiel
Juutas
nsane32
AnCapaillMor
ResIsBestStat
Rynn
Hue
raecor14
DemonOfFate
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Dibsville
skarekrow13
XachAttack
21 posters

Being intelligent kinda sucks.

User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Being intelligent kinda sucks. - Page 2 Empty Re: Being intelligent kinda sucks.

Post by User1 Wed May 01, 2013 1:06 pm

I despised my childhood.

Anyone I had to be around was stupid, childish, and an irritance to even be near them.

I just learned to stay off school for 3 months at a time.
    Worked quite well.
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Being intelligent kinda sucks. - Page 2 Empty Re: Being intelligent kinda sucks.

Post by Ghadis_God Wed May 01, 2013 1:32 pm

Simple, you have to dumb yourself down to make friends. It got better when I went to a good college but you shouldn't expect casual conversation to be held at the same level as academic discussion, humans just aren't that type of creature. (And you shouldn't look down on people for not showing off their intelligence) Even some of my friends in college are surprised because I act and look less mature and intelligent then I actually am, one minute I'm joking about anime or some **** like that, then I'm suddenly discussing metaphysics with a grad student and people are looking at me like "who is this guy?"
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed May 01, 2013 2:07 pm

This topic reminds me of Twilight Sparkle for some reason....
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 01, 2013 2:09 pm

Oh, by that do you mean how she thinks others around her don't get how important her study is? big grin
    So many intelligent people here, I suppose there would be slight relevance.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed May 01, 2013 2:19 pm

RenegadeCop wrote:Oh, by that do you mean how she thinks others around her don't get how important her study is? big grin
    So many intelligent people here, I suppose there would be slight relevance.

Yep, that's it.
    I still wonder if it's the kids or the parents nowadays that cause this problem.
    tinypantha
    tinypantha
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by tinypantha Wed May 01, 2013 2:23 pm

Isn't everyone else dumb?
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed May 01, 2013 2:26 pm

I think a lot is that information is so readily available now you look up the info you want and leave it at that. My other theory is its the crab people dumbing us down.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 01, 2013 2:31 pm

Crab people...Crab people!
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 01, 2013 2:32 pm

Anca, your errors make my grammar Nazi mode kick in, I see typos far too much. big grin

Honestly, Irishmen..
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Wed May 01, 2013 2:37 pm

Pfft chavs.
    User1
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by User1 Wed May 01, 2013 2:38 pm

Get off your arse and stop watching Corrie.
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Wed May 01, 2013 3:40 pm

i remember this one day in middle school, we as a class went to take an exam on a computer, which at the time didn't know but generated random questions dealling from math, english, science, and after about 20 minutes, most students were finished...I was there for a little over an hour and a half...I thought i was fuqn stupid, especially since everyone had to wait until all had finished the test :oops: turned out that the exam was meant to keep going until you got a wrong answer lol! that made my day for me personally but everyone else gave me dirty looks for taking so long.

As for the whole maturity issue. what does that mean exactly? Little trivial and abstract mode of behavior... it just seems like an excuse to be sheepish. I'm not trying to offend anyone but I'd like to know everyone's stance. I know and understand who I am, not completely since with age I am constantly changing, and understand my role as a human being and my duties/responsibility within my family, me and my wife, our life goals, school, "work", and soon to be buying a house( though this somewhat conflicts with our life goals since we plan on going off the radar). Though this is all a personal understanding of my perception of this world. My code of ethics are somewhat stemming from my "heart" but there is a bit of cultural influence though. I'm 25, and I'm extremely childish. I'm sometimes astounded with simplicity of the natural world, a "mere" flower can entertain my thoughts about possibilities for quite some time. I enjoy gardening, creating/illustrating art/comics, and playing with animals, shhht i sometime still watch Little Bear( Maurice Sendak's work is whimsical and dreamy, i honestly feel like a little kid). Is this considered stupid?
    hmmm... my childishness/naiveness has been always with me and it's what carries my spirit but I feel that my experiences with psychedelics have greatly amplified this and honestly have forced me at times to confront issues and personal demons. I've gotten to the point that I can somewhat deal with these issues on my own or through discourse with my wife.

So again, what is maturity?

Yo Skarekrow, I know what you mean. I had friends all over but it was as you say a "loose friendships". I still only have about three true friends, two from high school and the other my wife. I guess I learned to adapt and find common ground with all i meet, most of the time. I'm currently in Maine and the micro-culture is a bit off for me but I've recently have found a couple of people who are my cup of tea, after being here almost a year.

I guess i could consider this a rant? :suspect: and trust me I like this community, first forum that i've ever spent so much time at. You all have interesting ideas about life, not just the Soul series or video games. cheers

Last edited by EverlastingRat on Wed May 01, 2013 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Maturity is tricky to define. Not giggling when someone says certain scientific terms for some anatomy? Understanding greater things? Acting a certain way?

Well I'd fail at a lot of those. I don't giggle when most people say certain body parts but I laughed pretty hard when my three year old said "boobie balloonie"

For me it's more of an approach or attitude toward the world. The closest definition that applies to me would be similar to "objectivity." Approaching the world and being ready to see things for what they are. This may not apply to everyone though.

Also....boobie balloonie

EDIT: EverlastingRat, Maine huh? If you run into Stephen King (not with a vehicle, he's been through that already) tell him I said "hi." Not that he knows me or anything, I'm just a fan
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Wed May 01, 2013 5:54 pm

I didn't know that he was from here...hmmm btw it would be funny to tell him that "Skarekrow13 said Yo" 🤡
    I've only read the Dark Tower series and...I guess i've only read those works of his. Great stuff. I was never a King fan, to be honest, i enjoyed Ray Bradbury, Asimov, P.K. ****... wish i could tell 'em hi and have a conversation with them, also Terrance Mckenna 8) ... never realized i was a big fan of science fiction in my youth.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Wed May 01, 2013 7:27 pm

Dark Tower is my favorite series of all time. Everything he's wrote pretty much is part of it somehow.

I'm imagining him just going about his business and some guy shouts to him that some other guy he's never heard of says "yo"

Might be a good start to a book
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Wed May 01, 2013 8:10 pm

hahahahaha Philip K. D!ck's name is censored lol!
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed May 01, 2013 8:16 pm

XachAttack wrote:I dunno why I'm posting this, I guess just to get it off my chest. Ever since I was a kid I've been more mature and smarter than alot of people my age, even some adults, and have had a low tolerance for stupidity. There were no exceptions, I dislike my father because of how 'blank' he is.

Mind you, I'm not bragging or feeding any ego here, just goin' on about crap.

Even to this day, I don't really have any RL friends anymore because I think everyone around me is stupid. I've yet to get a date because most girls my age, and all of them I've been around, were dumb and immature.

I dunno, just..bleh. Sorry for being depressing, just kinda tired of it all, y'know?

Now imagine yourself born in a place where the greatest contributions you can give to your country are:

1-play good soccer

2-have a huge body

3-create songs about explicit sex and cars and get a prize for best nacional music
    EverlastingRat
    EverlastingRat
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by EverlastingRat Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 pm

Carphil wrote:2-have a huge body

do you mean like a fat culo? if so, this seems to be a prominent obsession with the latin(and black i guess) community, but why?

Actually, not really, god damn fuqn media promoting bigotry about the us darkies, and how sex-crazed we are.

sorry for another rant :roll:

Last edited by EverlastingRat on Thu May 02, 2013 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 01, 2013 10:19 pm

Well I'm pretty sure that you can find some guys who are as clever as you- it's pretty impossible to be so clever you're too much so for everyone else...

That is unless psychologically you're using it as an excuse to avoid putting in the effort to make friends, get dates etc out of fear of rejection, feelings of adequacy and compromise your self beliefs in your intelligence.. Of course subconsciously.

Or maybe you enjoy your own company more- you're an introvert.

If I had to give you advice though, I'd say try being less uptight and elitist and chill out over it a bit.. Just mix with people, it'll be more fun than imposing a self exile on yourself. Some people are dumb, sure. Some are immature, but that doesn't mean they don't deserve a shot- friends become more alike as they spend more time with eachother.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:58 am