Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Latitoast Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:00 pm

Archer build + Capra = not good

But I need to save Laurentius.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 2 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Quarik Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:24 pm

Gwyn's hard as hell to fight with a greatweapon, low Vit, and no parries.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:39 am

Fall damage is practically an instant stun. I'll fall on enemies and phantoms and the fall by itself, no attack, almost always stuns them. The only ones that I can think of that don't get stunned are the Londo Giants.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:42 am

Giants armor min/max tryhards.... tongue
    ExplodingPenguin
    ExplodingPenguin
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ExplodingPenguin Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:13 am

If you are taking on Kalameet, make sure to stock on Magical Resistant items/clothes/shield- his fire is magical damage, not fire damage.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:14 am

ExplodingPenguin wrote:If you are taking on Kalameet, make sure to stock on Magical Resistant items/clothes/shield- his fire is magical damage, not fire damage.
    What.
    Definitely testing this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was magic damage. The Lightning the serpentmen in Sen's throw at you is also magic...
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:56 am

Dibsville wrote:
    ExplodingPenguin wrote:If you are taking on Kalameet, make sure to stock on Magical Resistant items/clothes/shield- his fire is magical damage, not fire damage.
    What.
    Definitely testing this.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was magic damage. The Lightning the serpentmen in Sen's throw at you is also magic...

What? all those playthroughs, i always switched from my crest shield to Effigy just to block them
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:14 am

hey its andres wrote:Fall damage is practically an instant stun. I'll fall on enemies and phantoms and the fall by itself, no attack, almost always stuns them. The only ones that I can think of that don't get stunned are the Londo Giants.

I think even those giant guys get stunned by it lol, I can remember doing it often on accident. If I'm wrong, guess I'm thinking of something else o-O;;.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:05 am

Four Kings gives significantly more souls than the other Lords... How did I not know that?
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:22 am

On the PS3 there are resonance rings in the Abyss. I thought another king was spawning, but it was a ring in the distance.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:24 am

If someone used WoG down there, it's possible.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:00 am

You can finish the game without ringing the 2 bells with a glitch.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:02 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:You can finish the game without ringing the 2 bells with a glitch.

I can confirm this .
    Has something to do with Sens Funhouse
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:09 pm

The Hawk Ring not only boosts the range of bow users, but increases the power of the arrow, too.

Sniping in Lost Izalith. ng7, Dragonslyer Greatbow+5 using Dragonslayer Arrows. Ranged out to a dragon leg that didn't react from the hit so I know I'm hitting the same spot on the guy. Without the ring, 143 damage. With the ring, 275 damage. Basically a 72% increase in damage wearing the ring.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:50 pm

Green__Eagle wrote:The Hawk Ring not only boosts the range of bow users, but increases the power of the arrow, too.

Sniping in Lost Izalith. ng7, Dragonslyer Greatbow+5 using Dragonslayer Arrows. Ranged out to a dragon leg that didn't react from the hit so I know I'm hitting the same spot on the guy. Without the ring, 143 damage. With the ring, 275 damage. Basically a 72% increase in damage wearing the ring.

The ring does exactly what it says on the tin, it boosts range
    It means your arrow will do full damage for a bit longer, try it at point blank range, and you will probably see no difference
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:55 pm

So Super Ornstein may have a glitch. His lance grab attack can grab more than one person but still do the whole animation like normally. However there is no damage to either person he picked up, lighting hit or threw to the ground.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:58 pm

Soris Ice Goldwing wrote:So Super Ornstein may have a glitch. His lance grab attack can grab more than one person but still do the whole animation like normally. However there is no damage to either person he picked up, lighting hit or threw to the ground.

Already posted before. Get gud

Kicking with a curved sword causes a back flip strike that deals same damage as r1
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:45 pm

Dibsville wrote:
    What.
    Definitely testing this.

But my Greatshield of Artorias tanked the fire so well...

It's magic resistance is like 50.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:50 pm

The wiki (and others) have long claimed that kalameet's fire is magic/physical. But I remain suspicious of it, I often use a silver knight shield against him and it works fine. I also have had characters survive his initial attacks long enough to get the slab if they throw on flash sweat, which doesn't make sense if his fire is only magic/physical.

Other discovery: if your channeler's trident is broken, you can still dance with it, you just don't make any sound and there is no buff. Saves on the repair powder if you are only doing it for lulz anyway.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:57 pm

I have a build with Kalameet still alive.

I'll go at him with a shield that has terrible magic resistance and see what happens, if I have such a shield.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:24 pm

I discovered that there is a Red titanite Chunk in a chest at the ceiling of a building in Oolacile Township. It's above the spot where you get the Rubbish item. You have to do a jump to get to where it is. There is a weirdly empty room beside it too.

I also discovered that killing Artorias on my first attempt on a SL1 run would result in me clapping myself in solitude.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Djem wrote:I discovered that there is a Red titanite Chunk in a chest at the ceiling of a building in Oolacile Township. It's above the spot where you get the Rubbish item. You have to do a jump to get to where it is. There is a weirdly empty room beside it too.

I also discovered that killing Artorias on my first attempt on a SL1 run would result in me clapping myself in solitude.
    You get to it by opening an illusory wall with a light source. Stand next to the wall with the Silver Pendant, you'll here some sort of beating sound. Every time you here that sound, that means you need to use light in that area.
    The Red Chunk can be found by going to the place where you would normally jump off for the Crest Key, but keep moving up until you reach the wall straight ahead. Don't turn left, just use a light source there.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:33 pm

^ I didn't have to use any light source to get the Red Chunk. I jumped across a small gap. What exactly are you talking about? I didn't know anything other than the Silver Pendant required a light source to get to.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:35 pm

There are multiple illusory walls in Oolacile, it's just that no one ever pays attention to details.
    Djem
    Djem
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Djem Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:36 pm

I just figured what you were talking about. Turns out I got to the Red titanite Chunk the hard way, haha. I saw the gap on the attic and instantly thought to jump it, and it worked.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:39 am