Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+118
Aigaios
Say Xbox Again
dalsio
Back Lot Basher
MikailArksot
SageOfToads123
Undiscovery
GaryBlevins
ChizFreak
Ghadis_God
Bassman Bob
PierreSBK71
retro
Marino.
TheMeInTeam
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Latitoast
ScottyDoesKnow
Green__Eagle
StiffNipples
befowler
Jansports
TheGreatGrapsy
cerealaire
Wilkinson3424
chantienyee
Animaaal
Derpwraith
Hugh_G_Johnson
Soul of Stray Demon
Exequim
Emergence
Jester's Tears
Muker
Sentiel
Exclusive
IV_Mark_VI
wretchedsausage
sids__09
jimmyc0341
MosquitoPower
nopseudoidea
Laveidem
Ostrava34
Slarg232
drdrack
Raijinilli
SirArchmage
Dr__Awkward
DxTopham
Silver Knight
Akuro
DyingAce
Zyrrashijn
Raikan007
tonberryking01
bradthegas
SirPatrick
Hart
nines rodriguez
Tolvo
Argetlam350
LagStab
WaffleGuy
BrandBrandBrand
FinPeku
Kyuseishu
Walter_White
Gollumseverywhere
Mishrak
HereticForLife
Ichikuro
Ghoul
Werdax
PhlyingDutchman
TheDarkPygmy
RralIX
Demon Slayer
Marionx
DemonRider909
Encore
HazelrahFiver
KrazykevS10
Domhnall of Zena
The_Red_Drifter
VaDoom
GenericUsername
ublug
Seignar
DaemonNacht
Tchuwib
XuitusTheGreat
CaramelSouls
WandererReece
AnCapaillMor
A Fierce Plankton
Elifia
General Bale
Ezlare
Anonymous Proxy
Odinbear
Ashran
ResIsBestStat
XachAttack
Hue
Dibsville
ExplodingPenguin
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
hey its andres
Quarik
Djem
iiProdigyv
reim0027
Soris Ice Goldwing
Dusk Soul
User1
CarverUpqik
122 posters

Discoveries you only made recently.

Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Quarik Wed May 29, 2013 5:11 pm

Speaking of shooting people with bows, locking onto someone casting a fire aoe (I assume also the miracles with a kneeling animation), will headshot and cancel the cast.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 Empty Re: Discoveries you only made recently.

Post by Green__Eagle Thu May 30, 2013 7:20 am

Not true. I'm currently playing a Shortbow only on ng+

Locking onto Lord Artorias or a caster using Fire Tempest does not give you a head shot and cancel their animation.

It does allow you to stay outside their damage range and get three or four free hits.
    FinPeku
    FinPeku
    Chat Moderator

Post by FinPeku Thu May 30, 2013 7:55 am

I don't think you can cancel the casting animation, but when they are done casting and the fire pillars appear, if you're outside of the range you can headshot the caster. I've done this in pvp many times.

Also, you CAN cancel the "buff" animation Artorias does with a crossbow. I haven't tested bow. However, you must time it right. It doesn't work if you shoot him right as he starts to buff but there is a moment at the end of the animation where he lowers his head and that's when you have to shoot.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 30, 2013 9:23 am

At 40 str and 40 dex, the Claymore has the same BS damage as the Rapier (both +15). But, with the same stats, the Rapier's riposte damage is higher than the Clay's (200 points higher).
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Thu May 30, 2013 10:49 am

reim0027 wrote:At 40 str and 40 dex, the Claymore has the same BS damage as the Rapier (both +15). But, with the same stats, the Rapier's riposte damage is higher than the Clay's (200 points higher).
    Is the bs/riposte differences with different weapons a result of a nerf patch, or was it always like that?
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Thu May 30, 2013 4:38 pm

I've been using an Enchanted Composite bow with Moonlight Arrows and once you get the timing down you can head shot anyone coming out of a roll, which stuns them no matter what there poise is. Then you can just wail on them with your second weapon. Joy

...but people don't seem to like when you cancel their roll and often times this will increase the likelihood that they will run off, heal, and then play dirty Shrug
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu May 30, 2013 4:51 pm

FinPeku wrote:
    Also, you CAN cancel the "buff" animation Artorias does with a crossbow. I haven't tested bow. However, you must time it right. It doesn't work if you shoot him right as he starts to buff but there is a moment at the end of the animation where he lowers his head and that's when you have to shoot.

It's easier with a Bow since you can shoot a lot faster .
    It makes the fight alot easier pony13
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu May 30, 2013 4:53 pm

I never knew that the two headed snake thing in the tree near the Moonlight butterfly in the forest drop egg cures.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Thu May 30, 2013 10:27 pm

ublug wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:At 40 str and 40 dex, the Claymore has the same BS damage as the Rapier (both +15). But, with the same stats, the Rapier's riposte damage is higher than the Clay's (200 points higher).
    Is the bs/riposte differences with different weapons a result of a nerf patch, or was it always like that?
    Not sure. I was surprised at the high BS damage for the Clay. But, even more surprised at the riposte damage boost by the rapier.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Thu May 30, 2013 10:33 pm

I learned some new things in Lost Izalith today:
    1) You can open the Chaos Covenant shortcut from the other side without ever giving Quelaag's sister any humanity. I even killed her beforehand.
    2) Centipede Demon's hand falls off and runs around independent of its body like a second enemy if you hit it for the right amount of damage.
    3) Siegmeyer both gives you the ring AND doesn't suicide if you keep him at 100% health.
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Fri May 31, 2013 12:29 am

Quelaag's Furysword has the most flippin amazing parry animation.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Fri May 31, 2013 1:18 am

The moonlight butterfly can escape and leave you stranded on the bridge (probably a glitch).
    chantienyee
    chantienyee
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by chantienyee Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 am

Sucky. That happened to me a bunch with the second Maneater in Demon's Souls sad
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Fri May 31, 2013 1:30 am

Yeah, I just used a homeward bone to escape, though now I will bring a range weapon for the fight just to kill it ASAP, on the plus side I did found that Great Magic Barrier stops all of it's attacks cold.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri May 31, 2013 4:15 am

chantienyee wrote:I learned some new things in Lost Izalith today:
    1) You can open the Chaos Covenant shortcut from the other side without ever giving Quelaag's sister any humanity. I even killed her beforehand.
    2) Centipede Demon's hand falls off and runs around independent of its body like a second enemy if you hit it for the right amount of damage.
    3) Siegmeyer both gives you the ring AND doesn't suicide if you keep him at 100% health.

2) Same story for the tail. And if you then kill the arm/tail, you'll receive the orange charred ring.

3) Are you sure you didn't simply kill all the Chaos Eaters before talking to him? Because if you do that, he'll give you the ring, but it'll stop the storyline.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri May 31, 2013 11:56 am

hey its andres wrote:I've been using an Enchanted Composite bow with Moonlight Arrows and once you get the timing down you can head shot anyone coming out of a roll, which stuns them no matter what there poise is. Then you can just wail on them with your second weapon. Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 3207319737

...but people don't seem to like when you cancel their roll and often times this will increase the likelihood that they will run off, heal, and then play dirty Discoveries you only made recently. - Page 16 3358384175

I definitely didn't know this. I would imagine it is also possible with a crossbow then? I don't think there would be a difference if you're just firing locked.

Also, once you get used to it, xbow with binoculars and hawk ring is quite solid in single player lol. It's pretty amusing what you can do with basically no stat reliance at all.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri May 31, 2013 4:03 pm

The Orange Charred Ring does NOT work against Quelaag. No worries, I didn't die. I only took about 20% damage, but that's still far more than I should have taken had the ring actually worked.
    BrandBrandBrand
    Casual
    Casual

Post by BrandBrandBrand Fri May 31, 2013 5:04 pm

You can see the bridge that crosses the valley of the drakes from darkroot basin. From the lower part of the Hellkite dragon's bridge, you can even make out the gate that leads to the elevator up to the basin. Not all that exciting a discovery, but it does show a geographical mistake: the valley continues on when you're down there (with New Londo to your left), but it doesn't seem to when you are in the basin.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Fri May 31, 2013 5:11 pm

Elifia wrote:The Orange Charred Ring does NOT work against Quelaag. No worries, I didn't die. I only took about 20% damage, but that's still far more than I should have taken had the ring actually worked.

Found this out the hard way last week. Also the same for PVP ofcourse. My character now starts insta-rolling, as he doesn't want to walk anymore Shrug
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:37 am

Is that maybe because it's Chaos Fire/Lava and not just ordinary lava?

Also what you do you by he insta-rolls?

Pretty frequently my guy will just roll without any input, but I can still walk.
    LagStab
    LagStab
    Regular
    Regular

Post by LagStab Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:19 pm

In Blightown,

The big barbarians with the clubs will not go past a certain point.

The certain point is when coming in to blight town through the bridge in the lair of the dragons, when the light changes to a greenish tint, and it says "blightown" is the area the barbarians can stay in. You can arrow them to death just out side of when it says "blightown" and they cannot walk to you.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:31 pm

LagStab wrote:In Blightown,

The big barbarians with the clubs will not go past a certain point.

The certain point is when coming in to blight town through the bridge in the lair of the dragons, when the light changes to a greenish tint, and it says "blightown" is the area the barbarians can stay in. You can arrow them to death just out side of when it says "blightown" and they cannot walk to you.

A lot of mobs have this actually. It's even easier to notice with the fang boars in Duke's, as they'll use their charge attack and get stopped by an invisible wall.

There's an even easier way to kill the barbarians though. Just run past them and go down the ladder. They'll jump to their deaths.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Only Jeff jumps, Larry and gary always hang back. Too fat for both to squeeze through.
    StiffNipples
    StiffNipples
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by StiffNipples Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:50 pm

I actually had one of those Barbarians survive the fall somehow and thwacked me while I was talking to Shiva, managed to nearly kill me, and agro'd Shiva and his Ninja in the process.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:43 am

StiffNipples wrote:Is that maybe because it's Chaos Fire/Lava and not just ordinary lava?

Also what you do you by he insta-rolls?

Pretty frequently my guy will just roll without any input, but I can still walk.

Oh, the insta-roll part was a joke. Seeing his feet got burned multiple times by trying to step into chaos lava :razz:

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:43 pm