Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
Latitoast
GrinTwist
Elifia
Nybbles
Maneater_Mildred
Rumeye
Animaaal
Glutebrah
crbngville2
Werdax
reim0027
GenericUsername
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
lordgodofhell
Dibsville
Soris Ice Goldwing
skarekrow13
TheMeInTeam
Forum Pirate
LunarFog
Tolvo
billy_bayonet
evandmcgrath95
27 posters

whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries?

Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries? - Page 2 Empty Re: whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries?

Post by Glutebrah Fri May 17, 2013 12:15 pm

Rumeye wrote:The lowest thing you can do in this game is resorting to TWOP, its not as overpowered as it used to be but still casting it the most cowardly act you could commit. I can only slightly tolerate it if its being used against a gank squad and if your strategy absolutely depends on it.

I like using it on my slow walker poise stacked tank. Brings them to my speed lol. I always though TWOP should just make your enemy move at the same speed you moved. Would be fair then.
    Rumeye
    Rumeye

whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries? - Page 2 Empty Re: whats wrong with using Twop to land sorceries?

Post by Rumeye Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 pm

crbngville2 wrote:I am really at the point of not caring/judging how someone else plays THEIR game. Who are we to tell anyone what to do or how to play THEIR game. From included rules with the copy of software they sold you. If what someone wants to do in THEIR game doesn't violate those rules, who are we to tell them differently? Everyone has a different view of what's considered cheap, and chances are that noone is correct.

The OP posted this : "what else am I supposed to do?"
    No body is enforcing anything here, he asked for opinions and help and he got both, he can do what ever he wants of course but since he asked...well!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 17, 2013 12:17 pm

Rynn actually had a good point about TwoP, if you couldn't attack with it active. So it would be useful for escapes, someone is cornering you, cast TwoP and as they can't run, run past them and to a place you'd rather fight them or towards the fog door. I actually kind of like that idea.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 17, 2013 12:20 pm

Glute, cheap and cheating are of course very different, but cheap is not a universal definition and even when there's a strong consensus (which there is here admittedly) cheap does not mean "not enjoyable for anyone"

If the OP does this technique to fight others here is the end result:

He wins some fights
    Some people call him cheap
    He loses some fights

Hopefully he enjoys his game too.

I do wanna say though that it's awesome that many posters here have given him alternative strategies to make sorcery effective. While, as I've stated, am zero opposed to him using this tactic; I also support people learning and growing and he's been getting a lot of support.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 17, 2013 12:22 pm

I'd actually say cheap is definable, the issue is whether something being cheap is a bad thing.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri May 17, 2013 12:29 pm

Tolvo wrote:....I'd actually say cheap is definable....

Cheap.

A word commonly used to imitate the sound of a baby chicken. Also considered synonomous in cartoons with "cherp" "chip" and sometimes "****-a-doodle-doo". Looney Toons is commonly considered to be the founder and creator of the term we all know and love today.

Rumeye
    Rumeye

Post by Rumeye Fri May 17, 2013 12:36 pm

Glutebrah wrote:
    I like using it on my slow walker poise stacked tank. Brings them to my speed lol. I always though TWOP should just make your enemy move at the same speed you moved. Would be fair then.

It would be useless if understanded you correctly, how is it benefiting you if it makes the opponent move at the same speed you’re moving, you’ll have no clear advantage that way even if you’re slow walking.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri May 17, 2013 12:41 pm

Actually if you are a fat rolling person against someone fast rolling in little gear, you have a poise and defense advantage while making them move at your level of mobility.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm

I would say nope, nothing wrong with using twop to land spells...
    But I would also say there's nothing right with it either...
    Confusing yes?
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Fri May 17, 2013 1:06 pm

Tolvo wrote:Actually if you are a fat rolling person against someone fast rolling in little gear, you have a poise and defense advantage while making them move at your level of mobility.

This. It would be a spell primarily designed for Fat rolling Tanks, it would still be OP when mixed with Magic and spell spams, but at the same time both people are Fat rolling so Magic can be used both ways
    Rumeye
    Rumeye

Post by Rumeye Fri May 17, 2013 1:22 pm

Tolvo wrote:Actually if you are a fat rolling person against someone fast rolling in little gear, you have a poise and defense advantage while making them move at your level of mobility.

True, but it won’t be very effective unless you cast it just before you jump spawning invaders, the only way i get caught in it is if I’m being spawn ganked, it would only be viable to slow walking/fat rolling mages or spawn jumpers which doesn’t make it any better. The whole concept of a spell that paralyzes your opponent making them almost completely helpless is just bad no matter how you look at it. And in my opinion, Iron Flesh is the better spell for slow walking tanks, cnsidering that the hypothetical TWOP has also a time limit of 10 seconds.
    Nybbles
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Nybbles Fri May 17, 2013 1:38 pm

evandmcgrath95 wrote:To me its frustrating to have invested so much into sorcery and just miss again and again. Its so rare to actually land that soul spear and usually its just luck, like he was in the middle of eating moss/grass.
    I guess it is strong but what else am I supposed to do?

nothing is wrong with it…it's just really annoying when you are the victim, yet still funny as hell when you are the perpetrator.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri May 17, 2013 9:54 pm

Nybbles wrote:
    evandmcgrath95 wrote:To me its frustrating to have invested so much into sorcery and just miss again and again. Its so rare to actually land that soul spear and usually its just luck, like he was in the middle of eating moss/grass.
    I guess it is strong but what else am I supposed to do?

nothing is wrong with it…it's just really annoying when you are the victim, yet still funny as hell when you are the perpetrator.

Until someone rolls out of your range and CSS you while you're casting TWOP, or you get backstabbed or double black flamed lol.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri May 17, 2013 10:12 pm

It takes away the ability to roll away from castings which is a common tactic used by people when they dont have SMS, GMB, or when the Crest Shield is simply not enough.

Rolling to evade attacks is a key element in Dark Souls combat. Its not unbeatable, but it can be very problematic in various circumstances. It some cases its complete overkill.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 pm

It's an in game mechanic and essentially an intended method of combat. Casting a spell and taking advantage of its effects is really just a logical move. I've used TWoP a couple times to great scythe some fool. Boy was he shocked.

Using TWoP and then following through is just as much a part of the game as hitting R1 and letting your weapon swing.

Fun fact: certain martial arts advocate the grabbing and twisting of male genitalia during a fight. A move considered "cheap," "unsportsmanlike" and downright rude by many.

But remember, history is written by the victor. A philosophy that a major segment of the world adheres to.

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Fri May 17, 2013 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Animaaal wrote:It takes away the ability to roll away from castings which is a common tactic used by people when they dont have SMS, GMB, or when the Crest Shield is simply not enough.

Rolling to evade attacks is a key element in Dark Souls combat. Its not unbeatable, but it can be very problematic in various circumstances. It some cases its complete overkill.

If they dead-angle you, then what's left? You can't dodge, can't block, can't parry. GMB works, but only if it's actually magic damage, so it doesn't protect from pyromancies and lightning spears. Your only real defence against TWoP is not getting caught in it to begin with.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri May 17, 2013 10:42 pm

Maneater_Mildred wrote:I would say nope, nothing wrong with using twop to land spells...
    But I would also say there's nothing right with it either...
    Confusing yes?

This is basically my position with using TWOP to land spells.

I'd still recommend understanding how to land spells without it though like what everyone mentioned before.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri May 17, 2013 10:42 pm

I guess I'll clarify. TWoD + WoG dead angle or Pursuers or CSS or DB is one of the few things in this game that are cheap. BUT, if I'm invading a quester, they can do what ever they want to stay alive. If, I'm invading a ganker (or camper), then that is different. If I'm in a FC and I know TWoD is allowed, then that is my own fault and I have no right to complain.

I block people all the time (and unblock people too). I just do it if I don't want to fight them, for whatever reason. Even for something as simple as I keep invading their world. It sure beats getting upset or wanting to send hatemail.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri May 17, 2013 10:56 pm

I wish we could block on Xbox. And what does TWoD mean? I only know TWoP :c

Personally, I don't mind TWoP to land sorceries, I do however, mind people who use TWoP right next to me while I'm spawning.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri May 17, 2013 11:01 pm

Animaaal wrote:It takes away the ability to roll away from castings which is a common tactic used by people when they dont have SMS, GMB, or when the Crest Shield is simply not enough.

I guess I should clarify too. This was directed at the OP, and why someone, imo, would call him cheap for doing it.

@toast

Theres a glitch that allows you to "buff" TWoP causing it to inflict damage...its brutal.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri May 17, 2013 11:29 pm

That's pure evil.

I still laugh each time I see your sig by the way.

Anyways, it's easy to avoid TWoP if you're not spawning, if they get caught in it when it's evident you're casting it, then really they deserve the CSS to the face.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat May 18, 2013 12:43 am

Latitoast wrote:That's pure evil.

I still laugh each time I see your sig by the way.

Anyways, it's easy to avoid TWoP if you're not spawning, if they get caught in it when it's evident you're casting it, then really they deserve the CSS to the face.

Ya its devil play for sure.

Thanks. Wuv my sig, and my avvy. The guy in front looks so serious lol.

And ya TWoP is easy to avoid and counter, but combine it with a few other techniques and its ridiculous at times...kinda like Pursuers....or women and shoes...or men and women...or....
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Sat May 18, 2013 12:44 am

It's as ridiculous as Kermit looking at two frogs.
    Glutebrah
    Glutebrah
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Glutebrah Sat May 18, 2013 1:19 am

i just realized Vow of Silence is probably the best counter to TWOP, that way they can't cast anything including Pyro, then just put your back to the wall to stop Back stabs.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat May 18, 2013 1:46 am

^Wow, thats a great argument. You could buff and then cast VoS right? Because VoS is 30 faith I think, and then you could get the most out of it???

Also, would VoS work on a TWoP user if they already done casted it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 2:12 am