Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
GaryBlevins
twigsterxd
Elifia
R3dlace
Werdax
Animaaal
SadPanda
Maneater_Mildred
Jim Jam 94
chaos4ever181
Slarg232
Wilkinson3424
Soris Ice Goldwing
Frit
Sargerus
A Fierce Plankton
Fayt
wretchedsausage
Aevun
Serious_Much
steveswede
Dibsville
Juutas
27 posters

Rumor: Dark Souls 2 to be released 5th of July?

Jim Jam 94

Rumor: Dark Souls 2 to be released 5th of July? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor: Dark Souls 2 to be released 5th of July?

Post by Jim Jam 94 Wed May 22, 2013 2:26 am

Oops double post
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Rumor: Dark Souls 2 to be released 5th of July? - Page 2 Empty Re: Rumor: Dark Souls 2 to be released 5th of July?

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed May 22, 2013 2:43 am

That would be a triple post laughing
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Wed May 22, 2013 2:54 am

Jim Jam 94 wrote:Oops double post
    DaS II isn't confirmed for next-gen consoles.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed May 22, 2013 4:12 am

If next gen consoles were expected to sell as well as the ps3 and xbox360 did during and shortly after their debuts,
    then I'd say they might be shootin for July.

Juutas makes some great points about how its possible.

However, I say no. You can almost feel Sony's and Microsoft's reluctance to release their new consoles. The economy seems to be getting stronger, but I'm sure retail sales are not expected to reach record highs this holiday season.

Also, I'm sure we can assume the new consoles will not be cheap. I don't think any game company is feeling put off in regards to releasing games for the 360 or the ps3 as of yet.

October seems to fit with that logic. Especially without any marketing. I personally don't think I'll be let down by FROM.
    I think they're gonna be making our mouths water... :mask-averice:

***edit***
    I can't wait hurry up

Last edited by Animaaal on Wed May 22, 2013 4:24 am; edited 1 time in total
    Werdax
    Werdax
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Werdax Wed May 22, 2013 4:20 am

Personally, there is no way that it will be the 5th of july. It is waaaay too soon, and knowing Fromsoftware, they want to go all out on this thing. Releasing it this soon would be almost unprofessional.

Should this prove to be true and assuming the game is well polished, then it would be real *** awesome! The faster I can get my hands on it, the better. Though, if a delay is required, I gladly welcome it, as a good game can't be rushed.
    Jim Jam 94

Post by Jim Jam 94 Wed May 22, 2013 1:21 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    Jim Jam 94 wrote:Oops double post
    DaS II isn't confirmed for next-gen consoles.

They confirmed Dark Souls 2 wont be made for the new consoles and considering the Xbox One wont be backwards compatible (Not sure about PS4) It wouldn't make sense to release Dark Souls 2 so close to the release of the new consoles since less people would be able to play it. An earlier release than expected for DS2 is quite possible.
    R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Wed May 22, 2013 5:35 pm

I agree to a realistic early September launch. They can't be willing to throw this out while the new gen consoles are fresh out, considering Namco now has a "High AAA expectation of Dark Souls 2". Now, they have to consider that if they launch it too close to the release of either one, they'll also lose sales since people won't be as willing to dish out money right before purchasing a new console.

Also, by the same logic it wouldn't be released just like that 3 months after a strictly played dev demo.My money's on early September, and it would be announced around the 5th of June.

Yeah, I'm **** like that.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Thu May 23, 2013 12:13 am

R3dlace wrote:I agree to a realistic early September launch. They can't be willing to throw this out while the new gen consoles are fresh out, considering Namco now has a "High AAA expectation of Dark Souls 2". Now, they have to consider that if they launch it too close to the release of either one, they'll also lose sales since people won't be as willing to dish out money right before purchasing a new console.

Also, by the same logic it wouldn't be released just like that 3 months after a strictly played dev demo.My money's on early September, and it would be announced around the 5th of June.

Yeah, I'm **** like that.

Somewhat realated to this but I think it's glad to mention it.

There was a great game, an underrated gem that came out in October 19,2010 called Vanquish by Platinum Games and Shinji Mikami. Great action, hilarious over-the-top dialogue, it was just over the *** roof! Sure it had a few issues, but the game was great overall. There was just one problem. What could that be? It came out in the same summer-fall season of game releases as follows:
    Bayonetta
    Demon's Souls
    Dragon Age Origins
    Brutal Legend
    Killzone 2
    Halo ODST
    LA Noire
    Resident Evil 5
    Sims 3
    Starcraft II
    The list goes on!
    Because of that, sales suffered and no one went back to it again. Dark Souls could release early and suffer rushed development, or they can try to release it too late in the year when Call of Duty: Ghosts releases and suffer a fate worse than losing your job.
    That's all i'm going to say. It could happen, but if only Namco and FromSoftware think carefully on this.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu May 23, 2013 12:31 am

chaos4ever181 wrote:Somewhat realated to this but I think it's glad to mention it.

There was a great game, an underrated gem that came out in October 19,2010 called Vanquish by Platinum Games and Shinji Mikami. Great action, hilarious over-the-top dialogue, it was just over the *** roof! Sure it had a few issues, but the game was great overall. There was just one problem. What could that be? It came out in the same summer-fall season of game releases as follows:
    Bayonetta
    Demon's Souls
    Dragon Age Origins
    Brutal Legend
    Killzone 2
    Halo ODST
    LA Noire
    Resident Evil 5
    Sims 3
    Starcraft II
    The list goes on!
    Because of that, sales suffered and no one went back to it again. Dark Souls could release early and suffer rushed development, or they can try to release it too late in the year when Call of Duty: Ghosts releases and suffer a fate worse than losing your job.
    That's all i'm going to say. It could happen, but if only Namco and FromSoftware think carefully on this.

Funny, I got Vanquish even though I dislike shooters, yet I don't have any of the games on your list except Sims 3 (and that 1 was actually more for my little sister, obviously).

In a way, I agree with you. If you release at the same time as some really popular title it'll hurt your sales because people will be too busy with the popular game.
    On the other hand though, Dark Souls is a niche title, and has very little competition in its niche. I sincerely doubt that there's a lot of overlap between CoD and Dark Souls fans.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Thu May 23, 2013 3:35 am

Elifia wrote: I sincerely doubt that there's a lot of overlap between CoD and Dark Souls fans.

Quoted for accuracy and wisdom.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Thu May 23, 2013 10:07 pm

Elifia wrote:
    chaos4ever181 wrote:Somewhat realated to this but I think it's glad to mention it.

Bayonetta
    Demon's Souls
    Dragon Age Origins
    Brutal Legend
    Killzone 2
    Halo ODST
    LA Noire
    Resident Evil 5
    Sims 3
    Starcraft II
    The list goes on!

Funny, I got Vanquish even though I dislike shooters, yet I don't have any of the games on your list except Sims 3 (and that 1 was actually more for my little sister, obviously).

In a way, I agree with you. If you release at the same time as some really popular title it'll hurt your sales because people will be too busy with the popular game.
    On the other hand though, Dark Souls is a niche title, and has very little competition in its niche. I sincerely doubt that there's a lot of overlap between CoD and Dark Souls fans.

It's not that it's a Souls title, your gonna still need to properly advertise your game. A few posters, online ads, a few more small videos would be ok to get people knowing that Dark Souls II is coming in "so and so" and get people invested. Vanquish had only like 2-3 online trailers and like one launch trailer AFTER the release date on TV and it was too late. Dark Souls II needs to at least a few more news updates, ads, and videos up until the end to get people interested. The videos don't have to show everything, just needs to show different features coming with the sequel in certain span of time.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu May 23, 2013 11:17 pm

Release date from what I heard is New Years eve. I doubt it would be out earlier cause FROM seems to like xmas time.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu May 23, 2013 11:30 pm

twigsterxd wrote:Release date from what I heard is New Years eve. I doubt it would be out earlier cause FROM seems to like xmas time.

Again... that's a placeholder date. It's only a few weeks 'til E3 though, and I'm pretty sure they'll show A LOT of content if they are treating it as a AAA title. I'd expect the release date at E3 as well.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri May 24, 2013 12:43 am

Yeah, new years eve is a placeholder date and would be idiotic date to release any game.
    From Soft likes x-mas? why? It seems to me they are digging October.
    GaryBlevins
    Casual
    Casual

Post by GaryBlevins Fri May 24, 2013 12:50 am

I'm feeling an October release, mainly because of the history that the Souls series has with October releases. However, I wouldn't be that surprised if all of these different dates were named so that From can work on the game without the pressure of a release date, but still be able to have a release date for when the game is ready.
    Sargerus
    Sargerus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Sargerus Fri May 24, 2013 1:47 am

Release date: Early October 2013. Announcement at E3.

BELIEVE Praise the Sun
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Fri May 24, 2013 10:18 am

Sargerus wrote:Release date: Early October 2013. Announcement at E3.

BELIEVE Rumor: Dark Souls 2 to be released 5th of July? - Page 2 639795459

This is like reality to me already happy
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Wed May 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Sargerus wrote:Release date: Early October 2013. Announcement at E3.

BELIEVE Praise the Sun

Can't argue with an October release.

I BELIEVE TOO Praise the Sun
    tofucactaur
    tofucactaur
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by tofucactaur Thu May 30, 2013 2:41 am

I agree with the announcement at E3 and OCT release. Hopefully there will be good content etc to show at E3, am looking forward to it. Things have been quiet for a while, I think they will go pretty crazy and show allot, they revealed SO MUCH before dark souls 1. Is it confirmed worldwide release yet? or will it be out in Japan again first? I ruined it for myself last time and watched players streaming and watched everything ENB put on youtube. Would rather have more surprise this time round, but I know I won't be able to resist!!!
    On the Vanquish note, I STILL haven't bought that game, but have always wanted to. It's like 15 bx from eb now, should pick it up.

Sorry, I probably got a bit off topic!
    Halicarnassis
    Halicarnassis
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Halicarnassis Thu May 30, 2013 11:08 am

It's GOING to be an October release. Why? Cos that's when the weather in the Northern hemisphere turns crappy, summer ends and it's rainy season in the majority of countries, but, more importantly, the Winter solstice dictates longer evenings meaning more people will be playing games and stay indoors.

Just follow my train of thought here:
    Japan is in the Northern hemisphere
    From Software is Japanese
    It's really cold in Winter in Japan
    If you're a gamer you'll probably be playing a lot more during winter
    More importantly - if you're not a gamer you'll probably start playing games during Winter
    You know it makes sense happy
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Thu May 30, 2013 7:06 pm

Halicarnassis wrote:It's GOING to be an October release. Why? Cos that's when the weather in the Northern hemisphere turns crappy, summer ends and it's rainy season in the majority of countries, but, more importantly, the Winter solstice dictates longer evenings meaning more people will be playing games and stay indoors.

Just follow my train of thought here:
    Japan is in the Northern hemisphere
    From Software is Japanese
    It's really cold in Winter in Japan
    If you're a gamer you'll probably be playing a lot more during winter
    More importantly - if you're not a gamer you'll probably start playing games during Winter
    You know it makes sense happy
    Really good observation. It could happen due to weather, or it could happen just because all the other souls games except for that one DLC came out in October. Either way, I'm calling it an early-mid October release.

On the subject of Vanquish, you should get it. For that price, it's a great deal for a really fun and action-packed game.
    Encore
    Encore
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : Bracing myself for the Winds of Change, being supported by the towering pillars of my friends.

Post by Encore Thu May 30, 2013 7:41 pm

I still wonder this, if it was a July release, would they not make bigger commotion? They would treat the marketing as a AAA title, and so far it´s just rumors.

It just does not work in my opinion.
    GreatLordNero
    GreatLordNero

Rumor: Dark Souls 2 to be released 5th of July? - Page 2 Empty March 2014

Post by GreatLordNero Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:29 pm

Its coming out March 2014 they already put billboards up outside of E3 center
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:29 pm

GreatLordNero wrote:Its coming out March 2014 they already put billboards up outside of E3 center
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Yes. Sad news indeed...both for me personally and probably for the sales too.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:45 am