Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Slarg232
SadPanda
Dibsville
Seignar
9 posters

Moveset and propety changes you'd like to see?

Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Moveset and propety changes you'd like to see? Empty Moveset and propety changes you'd like to see?

Post by Seignar Sun May 19, 2013 1:02 am

What kind of changes would you like to see made to weapons? Would you like X weapon to have a faster/slower moveset? Do you want its poise breakpoint to change or have its damage modified? Do you want those fist weapons to have I-frames on their roll attacks? (I know I do)
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Moveset and propety changes you'd like to see? Empty Re: Moveset and propety changes you'd like to see?

Post by Dibsville Sun May 19, 2013 1:04 am

Curved Greatswords should be slower, normal Greatswords should be faster.
    Spears should be slower.
    Greatsword 2H R2 shouldn't be the horizontal swipe, but instead something else.

Ultra-Greatsword should have a whiff if you miss with their attacks.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Moveset and propety changes you'd like to see? Empty Re: Moveset and propety changes you'd like to see?

Post by SadPanda Sun May 19, 2013 3:51 am

Dibsville wrote:Curved Greatswords should be slower, normal Greatswords should be faster.
    Spears should be slower.
    Greatsword 2H R2 shouldn't be the horizontal swipe, but instead something else.

Ultra-Greatsword should have a whiff if you miss with their attacks.
    "Greatsword 2H R2 shouldn't be the horizontal swipe, but instead something else", nope just nope. Also
    Axes/Maces should be slower but stronger
    Ultra Greatswords should have the Greataxe R1 followed up by a horizontal slash outwards
    Katanas should have horizontal slashes, or varied. (Uchigatana has vertical, Iaito has horizontal
    Shields need viable bashes
    Greatswords need a smoother but faster version of the above UGS
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun May 19, 2013 4:03 am

Axes should actually HAVE a moveset....
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Sun May 19, 2013 4:14 am

great swords need a whiff animation for one handed strikes, axes actually seem to be getting a real moveset from the scenes i've seen, great axes need a side slash after the initial pound move, katana's need to be slowed down a tad, spears need to take more stamina per stab, ultra greatswords need to be heavier, curved swords should have a slightly faster one handed moveset but NO two handed moveset (there is pretty much no curved sword style that uses two handed grips that i have seen)
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun May 19, 2013 9:09 am

I also want the lesser/lighter version of identical weapons to have less stamina consumption, for example shortsword vs longsword and scimitar vs falchion.
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Sun May 19, 2013 2:50 pm

They should fix the rapier and estoc movesets as well, as they have switched them around in dks. The rapier is a bladed weapon that can slash, while an estoc is a long bladeless sword only made for stabbing.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun May 19, 2013 2:52 pm

ublug wrote:They should fix the rapier and estoc movesets as well, as they have switched them around in dks. The rapier is a bladed weapon that can slash, while an estoc is a long bladeless sword only made for stabbing.
    This really reminds me of how pissed I was that Velka's Rapier has a wayyyy cooler moveset than the other rapiers. Estoc seems to cheesy, ricard's is just eh IMO, and vanilla rapier seems decent, but I'd prefer more duel inspired moves.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun May 19, 2013 2:55 pm

I would like to see the pole weapon moveset in DeS to return to at least one weapon.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun May 19, 2013 3:00 pm

steveswede wrote:I would like to see the pole weapon moveset in DeS to return to at least one weapon.
    You mean like that beautiful halberd moveset? Those R1s were so much faster...
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Seignar Sun May 19, 2013 3:01 pm

On the topic of Ricard's Rapier, I would prefer if the player made a step back during the start-up, then lunged forward during the attack (in order to give it a defensive property). This is assuming it returns.

Also, I would like if axes/clubs and their great counterparts gave a certain amount of poise to compensate for their slowness.

Also, gimmicky movesets need buff, seriously.
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sun May 19, 2013 3:07 pm

SadPanda wrote:You mean like that beautiful halberd moveset?

Yep.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun May 19, 2013 3:08 pm

I would like the DeS Halberd moveset to return, but not on the Halberd. It's already OP as it is.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun May 19, 2013 3:35 pm

Dibsville wrote:I would like the DeS Halberd moveset to return, but not on the Halberd. It's already OP as it is.
    It's confirmed in the gameplay reveal, but I was hoping for there to be a better grip on bows and a nocking animation. Some more:
    -Halberds utilizing ALL 3 attack points.
    The point for stabbing, the axe for slashing, and the beak for bashing; but actually made viable enough moveset-wise to use whole heartedly.
    -Maces strong attack is a backhanded swing, would look cool as hell
    The wind up doesn't really seem like a mace-like strong attack.
    -Curved swords open up with the 2nd 2H R2 press, the underhand slash.
    This could allow for many more inputs, another R2 follows up with two fast slashes, and R1 follows with a low slash then upward slash.
    -CRITICAL ANIMATIONS!
    ~Daggers: Riposte; downward thrust on the side of the neck. Backstab; Throat cut, pretty obvious.
    ~Curved Swords: Riposte; slash to the neck. Backstab; kick them to the knees and shop the neck.
    ~Greatswords: Riposte; kick down to the back, and downward thrust in the chest. Backstab; slash the legs, and slash downward on the back.
    ~Hammers: Riposte; grab the shoulder and smash the face. Backstab; smash against the side of the head.
    ~Rapiers and Longswords: Same.
    All I can think of for right now. Cheers to you if you read the whole thing.

R3dlace
    R3dlace
    Casual
    Casual

Post by R3dlace Sun May 19, 2013 7:55 pm

Slarg232 wrote:Axes should actually HAVE a moveset....

*Coughs* Sorry for intruding, but I think you can witness one of the axe's moveset in the gameplay demo.

Just tryin' to enlighten the day.

big grin
    ublug
    ublug
    Forum Lord
    Forum Lord

Post by ublug Mon May 27, 2013 3:36 pm

I hope they also make the weapons more consistent with shields when used for blocking. For example, wooden shields are usually great vs magic damage and bad vs fire, but wooden weapons on the other hand have the same reduction stats as metal weapons.

Wooden weapons should also burn up (lose durability) when fire resin is applied. Maybe they should have a longer fire duration as well?
    emraluces
    emraluces

Post by emraluces Mon May 27, 2013 4:54 pm

I would love for DKSII to have multiple options for move sets. The gesture menu is a great example. It should be kept the same in DKSII, as far as being able to 'rapid fire' use them, say, after a duel with an invader, or before a summon fades away after defeating a boss.

You could, however, have an option to move 'up' from the initial gesture menue, where you'd find you're unlocked/discovered move sets!!!

Lets say each weapon type has three or four move sets (STANCES).

This could be a purely aesthetic application, and still you'd see myriad other practical applications by players around the world.

Imagine, one of the options as a greatsword wielder would be to walk with it dragging behind you on the ground, with your head hung low. You're character at this point, is clearly an evil warrior.

Now imagine another (STANCE) for your greatsword, where you have it high on your shoulder with your chin up, alert to every possible attack. These are easy changes From could make that would offer another layer of customization to the players, and for those of us who are competitively minded, it'd also be a nuanced layer of strategy in their pvp game!!!

-Emraluces

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 11:20 am