Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Dirty Fighting

SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Dirty Fighting Empty Dirty Fighting

Post by SadPanda Sun May 19, 2013 3:18 pm

And I'm talking DIRTY, sucker punches, foot stomps, knee kicks, throwing sand in the face, anything "cheap". Tactics would be so much fun in PvP. b
    Scenario:
    You get invaded by a guy who is fishing for what seems like hours. Instead of just circling for minutes, you can throw in a few quick moves. He's a thief, low poise but fast, and you're a knight, high poise but slow. Due to speed you'd be at a disadvantage, but... you have some tricks. You stomp on his foot, trapping him, give him a quick jab in the head to follow up with a wake up hit. The invader recovers and throws sand in your face and backstabs you, and when you get up you immediately get knocked back down, allowing him a chance to escape and rethink his strategy. After some further wandering into the level, you open a door and are faced against an extremely powerful enemy, and the invader then closes the door behind you, trapping you inside. After a good 3 minutes and all of your flasks/drop stones/whatever, you open the next door and continue. You walk through a narrow hallway and, backstabbed. Leaving your souls at the end of the level, and the invader victorious.
    IMO, it would be a nice addition to PvP, and even PvE in some senses. I honestly just like the whole, no rules rogue type combat where instead of charging in, you use everything to your disposal. As long as it was balanced it would work fine, ex.:
    -Sand temporarily blurs camera
    -Leg kicks decrease your overall movement speed until you recover
    -Sucker punches take down a LOT of stamina, but leave them for a very powerful counter attack if they trade a hit back
    -Sweeps knock them to the ground, but can't be hit until they get back up
    -Anything else
    Wall 'o' text ended. Thoughts? My situation kind of sucks, so if anyone else is a better writer and gets what I mean can improve on it, I'd be grateful.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Dirty Fighting Empty Re: Dirty Fighting

Post by Dibsville Sun May 19, 2013 3:20 pm

In my opinion, if this was implemented, all tactics in PvP would be fair in my book. "You backstabbed me after throwing sand in my face? I'll make sure I don't get sand in my eyes next time."
    "You pancaked me on my wake-up from getting hit in the stomach? I'll try to move away next time."

I would love this as long as lag wasn't a problem.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun May 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Dibsville wrote:In my opinion, if this was implemented, all tactics in PvP would be fair in my book. "You backstabbed me after throwing sand in my face? I'll make sure I don't get sand in my eyes next time."
    "You pancaked me on my wake-up from getting hit in the stomach? I'll try to move away next time."

I would love this as long as lag wasn't a problem.
    Since it's dedicated servers in DaS II, I think most latency problems should be solved.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Sun May 19, 2013 3:38 pm

What button are these mapped to?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Sun May 19, 2013 3:40 pm

If so, this is a great idea. It would introduce new aspects to PvP.
    Unfortunately, I don't know how you would be able to fit all of this on a controller. Maybe if the game was on the Wii, but sadly it isn't.

They should make it so that in certain areas have auxiliary effects, such as if you're using a weapon that has a sliding attack in a sandy area, sand will come up with the attacks that can make it harder for other people to see their screen.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun May 19, 2013 3:41 pm

Slarg232 wrote:What button are these mapped to?
    Could be alternatives to kicks/jump attacks, or just a new "magic" branche all together. I'm not sure how, but I'm not a game designer so don't ask me lol! .
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Sun May 19, 2013 8:04 pm

Dibsville wrote:If so, this is a great idea. It would introduce new aspects to PvP.
    Unfortunately, I don't know how you would be able to fit all of this on a controller. Maybe if the game was on the Wii, but sadly it isn't.

They should make it so that in certain areas have auxiliary effects, such as if you're using a weapon that has a sliding attack in a sandy area, sand will come up with the attacks that can make it harder for other people to see their screen.

hmmm...Maybe the cheap tricks can be implemented on the button combo that does the kick move in Dark Souls (forward+R1?). The difference is that it changes depending on the situation, environment, etc.

If your at a beach-like area (which is bound to happen given the hinted setting to be near the ocean), you could kick sand in front of you and staggers or "blinds" the invader or host for like a good 2-3 seconds if it connects.

If your near the invader withing poking distance, the distraction/dirty tactics change where you are facing the opponent: facing his front or his backside. The change will be determined randomly like those kill animations like in Dragon Age Origins because they all serve one function: to slow down or stop an opponent temporarily with like 2-3 seconds to land some good hits.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 22, 2013 11:28 am

Deserved bump. not talking
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Wed May 22, 2013 12:53 pm

New idea:

To make virtual useless weapons good (whips, fists, shields as a weapon), instead of kicking/jumping attacks, they have certain niche moves. A whip could trip, grab, etc., and something like a fist could grab, or have flurry punches when close. I personally think to make fists better they have more actual fighting tactics, and they could incorporate dirty fighting too. Maybe the kick does damage? Or instead of an R2 being another punch it could be a sweep kick like Chester?
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Wed May 22, 2013 12:57 pm

I've always wanted the whips to have a backstab where they grab your leg with the whip, trip you, then lash your back.

I think shields are already good as weapons, they just need to be a little stronger.
    chaos4ever181
    chaos4ever181
    Regular
    Regular

Post by chaos4ever181 Wed May 22, 2013 1:34 pm

SadPanda wrote:New idea:

To make virtual useless weapons good (whips, fists, shields as a weapon), instead of kicking/jumping attacks, they have certain niche moves. A whip could trip, grab, etc., and something like a fist could grab, or have flurry punches when close. I personally think to make fists better they have more actual fighting tactics, and they could incorporate dirty fighting too. Maybe the kick does damage? Or instead of an R2 being another punch it could be a sweep kick like Chester?

I think the "kick damage" should be somewhat small and unnoticeable. That way the opponent won't know how the dirty assassin did so much damage with a kick and a small combo with a knife with bleed damage. :mask-father: Shrug

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 pm