Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+41
GenericUsername
Soul of Stray Demon
tinypantha
JohnnyHarpoon
twigsterxd
passivefamiliar
IHateTheFourKings
Tolvo
MikailArksot
Reaperfan
Slarg232
reim0027
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
skarekrow13
Encore
Animaaal
Hart
Kiva the wanderer
Marino.
SirArchmage
Ghadis_God
Hatsune Miku
bunnywink
AnCapaillMor
Mr. Tart
Rifter7
GrinTwist
RANT
Wade_Wilson
twilightwarwolf
DemonOfFate
KrazykevS10
ResIsBestStat
Forum Pirate
Soris Ice Goldwing
Latitoast
densetsushun
nsane32
Serious_Much
User1
PlasticandRage
45 posters

The "let it out" thread.

Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

The "let it out" thread. - Page 7 Empty Re: The "let it out" thread.

Post by Mr. Tart Fri May 31, 2013 1:25 am

I'm not sure if I'm having a similar problem or not, but I don't think so. I do know however, that the only skill I have is in school. To get good grades. That's my skill. Once I'm done with school, I'm f*cked, because I lack any proper skill to go any further.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri May 31, 2013 1:33 am

If I had a dollar for every time a random fool got hostile towards me,I'd be a very rich man.

Tart,a lot of people have no idea where to go after school.Having a skill does not mean you have to be exceptional at something.You say you get good grades so obviously you are doing well at what you are studying.Don't put yourself down just because you don't know where to go next.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri May 31, 2013 1:34 am

I know where I want to go next. Problem is, I lack the skill to do what I want to do. I even lack the skill you need to live a regular life.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri May 31, 2013 1:38 am

How do you lack the skills to live life? You eat,drink,sleep and relieve yourself. If you mean you are different or something,what's wrong with that? You say you are getting good grades,you seem pretty smart so the only problem I see is that you are a Debbie Downer and are being very hard on yourself.Chin up,if life isn't so much fun now,make it fun.A positive attitude is a good first step towards being happy.
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Fri May 31, 2013 1:45 am

That's not really what I meant. There are certain skills I just don't have and certain opinions that get in the way of living how one is suppose to. And I mean living alone.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri May 31, 2013 1:57 am

It's your life dude,you can live it how you want,not how society says you should.Why not learn the skills you need?
    Ghadis_God
    Ghadis_God
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Ghadis_God Fri May 31, 2013 2:56 am

Yeah dude, I think you're being a bit fatalistic. Society shunts you in a certain direction but you have a decent degree of control over your lifestyle and life choices.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Fri May 31, 2013 12:33 pm

bunnywink wrote:My life has drastically changed in a matter of months. I find myself in a position I've never thought I'd be in, walking towards a future I never really dreamed for myself. I've given up a lot and have even lost a few friends, but for the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to what's ahead.

I wanted to share this because I noticed that a lot of people here seem to be at that point in their lives where everything seems hopeless. Believe me, it's never hopeless - things can and will change.

Good for you Bunny. It's always worth continuing to move forward. You never know whats going to be around the bend.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri May 31, 2013 4:03 pm

I can see I'll be on this thread a lot.
    I have a friend that I sit and patiently listen to while she b**ches all day,every day.She is constantly annoyed about anything and I listen and speak to her nicely and with respect.But today when I'm having a bad day,I mention being really frustrated and am met with really insulting comments like "who p**sed in your corn flakes?" and "do you need a tampon?". She doesn't just act like a b**ch,she IS one to me.
    I told her to f*ck off and left.

Funny how I can be a loyal and patient friend and still don't get even a shred of respect. People wonder why I get sick of them and snap right back. God forbid I ever meet a decent human being who isn't completely f**ked in the head.

/rant.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Fri May 31, 2013 4:46 pm

Someone like that usually have the courtesy of showing who they are pretty quickly(and by courtesy, I mean they don't give a crap about being antagonistic). Why'd you even stick around in the first place?
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri May 31, 2013 5:22 pm

She used to be really nice and a good friend.Now she's p**sed every day.I had a spell like that so how crap would I be if I left?
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Fri May 31, 2013 5:44 pm

Mr. Tart wrote:I'm not sure if I'm having a similar problem or not, but I don't think so. I do know however, that the only skill I have is in school. To get good grades. That's my skill. Once I'm done with school, I'm f*cked, because I lack any proper skill to go any further.

Dude you think too much and you're only 17, i'd no idea what to do when i finished school, wanted to be a pro footballer but bad eyes and a rotten temper put an end to that, i was 2 days from repeating the last year when i decided on college, finished college and i still didn't know what i wanted to do. Hell i'm 30 odd and still don't know what i want to do.

You got good grades, trust me go to college, you'll meet all types there, people that are into what you're into. College is eye opener, there's way more to college than subjects, trust me on this. Some of the greatest bands have met up in college.

You seem to have 2 eyes on the future and constantly worrying over it, keep 1 on the future and 1 on the now and embrace the meh.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:15 pm

My grandmother is going to die.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:35 pm

im sorry to hear that ive lost some family members myself so i know how it feels. Ive actually lost my grandmother as well... If you dont mind my asking were you two close? I know this is tough so i apologize if i say something wrong.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:49 pm

What kind of a question is that?
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:06 pm

Don't take that offensive Pendant. He's only trying to help/understand. I would ask that same thing.
    And sorry that is the way it going to be.
    But die from what? If you don't mind me asking?
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:21 pm

I'm sorry to hear that Pendant.

My grandmother on my mother's side is still alive. Other than that, all my grandparents have passed on.

My dad's father died when I was in grade school. My father's mother about 10 years ago. I gave the eulogy, it was very difficult.

When my mother's father died it devastated us all and broke my family apart. He was the glue that kept us all together. He was in the navy in WWII, and a detective for 35 years.

After he passed, my aunts began fighting all the time, lying, and manipulating each other in despicable ways imo. My cousins and uncles all tried to stay out of it, but there was no one to step in and say, "THATS ENOUGH. Sit down, all of you, we're gonna talk."

Since then, my family of approximately a dozen aunts and uncles, and maybe 20 cousins or so have fallen apart. We are all estranged from each other for the most part. We used to have Christmas, Easter, and misc parties with 30-40 people. Even some of my great uncles who could barely speak English would be there...drunk of course, :Beer: rolling eyes

I guess maybe that's what twilight might have meant. I feel the same way as he/she.

You have my premature condolences Pendant Prayer...

...and if you were very close with her, then you have my most heartfelt empathy as well.

May peace be with you my friend.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:26 pm

My condolences Pendant. I lost the one grandmother I loved back in 2009 a day before mothers day. We all took it hard especially my dad. Though the difference was that her mind was gone well before that....I can only say to visit her grave whenever you can and just think....what to think is up to you. And tend to the spot now and again maybe plant something there.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:31 pm

Vinyl Scratch wrote:But die from what? If you don't mind me asking?

Inoperable aortic valve.

@ Animaaal - That story comforted me a little, strangely.

@ Soree - I shall do so as much as I am able, but distances make that exceedingly difficult.
    twilightwarwolf
    twilightwarwolf
    Revived
    Revived

Post by twilightwarwolf Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:26 pm

im sorry pendant im not very good at saying the right things in general but despite how i try not to on these kind of topics i still mess up. I've also lost my grandmother and i asked that because i was VERY close to mine so when she left it was very hard on me. So i didnt know based on the one statement of you were close or not and how much it affected you. Because ive known people who've lost some family but because they werent close it didnt really mean that much. Either or im sorry i asked a rude question I'll just keep my mouth shut now.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:45 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:... I'll just keep my mouth shut now...

Please don't. You seem very respectable to me.

Sometimes in these situations, nothing can come out right. What you said was fine, and Pendant being sensitive, or mistaking what you said is fine as well. He's going through something. And we will be here. That's what friends do. He could lash out, and I'd still be here taking it on the chin...I think a lot of us would....for any of us.

WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:58 pm

twilightwarwolf wrote:im sorry pendant im not very good at saying the right things in general but despite how i try not to on these kind of topics i still mess up. I've also lost my grandmother and i asked that because i was VERY close to mine so when she left it was very hard on me. So i didnt know based on the one statement of you were close or not and how much it affected you. Because ive known people who've lost some family but because they werent close it didnt really mean that much. Either or im sorry i asked a rude question I'll just keep my mouth shut now.

You did nothing wrong. I am just touchy, is all.
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Sorry to hear that, Pendant .
    It's never easy to lose Family, especially in your case .
    Kiva the wanderer
    Kiva the wanderer
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Kiva the wanderer Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:01 pm

Sorry pendant, Ive got a gran who ive recently started to talk to more and she suffers from very bad depression, her husband left her a while back and hes drinking himself to death, shes constantly going through good days and bad days, i seen the cuts on her arms, she isnt looking after herself, just recently she went to get vitamin jags at the hospital, she sleeps a lot, she smokes too much and shes lonely,she needs to take 4 breaks just walking up a small hill, Shes old too so im wondering how long she has left and how shes feeling.
    Im not that close to her i just started talking to her recently.
    Its my dad that i worry about the most hes close to her and so's my siblings.

I dont know how close you are to your grandmother but i have friends who lost their relatives that were very close to them, one lost his gran this year and she was suffering from dementia.
    Mourn her death, but celebrate her life.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:24 pm

I just had a bit of a scare. I woke up and couldn't move. My alarm was going off right by my feet and I couldn't get to it to turn it off. All my muscles were giving out when I tried to put any pressure on them. Took me an hour to get out of bed and turn it off. I had to roll myself out. I called my doctor and evidently the meds he put me on can cause severe arthritis. Explains so much. Really gives some empathy to the plight of really old people. It was really scary.

Ya know when bad things are happening in your life and someone says at least you have your health, they're so right. Not having it is just not good at all.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:54 am