Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
White Knight Wulf
Latitoast
AnCapaillMor
Elifia
UmbasaOtter
Satoshi
Animaaal
WandererReece
Dusk Soul
SirArchmage
Wilkinson3424
15 posters

Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations!

Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations! Empty Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations!

Post by Wilkinson3424 Mon May 20, 2013 12:46 am

Tell me all about your most odd PvP fights you've had!

For example, earlier today, I was forest hunting and came across a guy named A_Hollow_Warrior , He summoned a phantom... named A_Hollow_Soldier , These guys had huge strategy and new exactly what the other one was going to do, If I got to far they'd run to different sides of me and shoot their bows, then they'd both spin around me simultaneously in different directions until they reached a BS opportunity. Weird. I ended up parrying the phantom, ending him. And then with the assistance of another FH I killed the host.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations! Empty Re: Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations!

Post by SirArchmage Mon May 20, 2013 12:51 am

If you ever watched the youtube video "The Skulled Shuffle" you saw how he was running around. Me and my friend went to the forest, dressed up exactly like that, put DWGR's on, and proceeded to do that dance around everyone that invaded. We would slowly shoot arrows at the people that tried to kill us, but the weird thing is that we won in fair fights. If one of us was fighting, the other was running around behind him doing the weird dance thing. We won 27 fights in a row like this.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations! Empty Re: Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations!

Post by Dusk Soul Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 am

Does finding a red phantom gank squad in Sen's count?
    WandererReece
    WandererReece
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by WandererReece Mon May 20, 2013 7:19 pm

I summoned a red phantom. There were no other phantoms in my world. When he arrived he instantly ran to the nearest group of enemies. When I refused to chase him he shot poison arrows at me.

I honestly think if you want to play like that, then you should just invade, but that's obviously just my opinion.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 20, 2013 7:40 pm

WandererReece wrote:I summoned a red phantom. There were no other phantoms in my world. When he arrived he instantly ran to the nearest group of enemies. When I refused to chase him he shot poison arrows at me.

I honestly think if you want to play like that, then you should just invade, but that's obviously just my opinion.

Seconded
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Mon May 20, 2013 9:07 pm

For this, the invaders will be named One and Two (creativity rules...I hate my life and want to kill myself.)

I was in the forest, waiting for invasions with my Man-Serpent Greatsword build. The normal invasion message appeared. I got ready and tried to find the enemy so I wouldn't be attacked from the back randomly, but then the second invasion message came, and it was a two-on-one now. I found both of them looking at me near the cliff. They did the 'Well what is it?' and I pointed forward then down to symbolize their deaths.

They started to charge at me, and I got a better look at them...two giantdads...perfect. One tried to roll behind me for a backstab, but I pivoted and swung my sword at him, with a clean hit, Two started running at me. As they got close, their weak attack button went crazy as they unleashed multiple slashes. I dodged them, but barely. I started to back off for spacing, but they really packed on the pressure.

With two fully armed opponents with high poise against me, I knew that one mistake and it would be over. The biggest fault in my build is the combination of zero poise, no shield, and not ninja flipping. So we were at the same speed, other than the fact that they had better armor. I noticed one stood still, and they pulled out an Avelyn. They shot at me thrice, which I rolled to my right, only to be greeted by a giant blade.

I quickly two-handed my sword and blocked the hit. With their slight recovery, I struck them with the weapon and backed off once again. They both stood still and started shooting me with Avelyns. I kept dodging, but found a handy tree to duck behind. One started to circle around the tree, sword ready. I realized that he was coming, so I made the decision that saved me.

As he swung, I ninja flipped out of harms way, and got a backstab on them. They fell to the ground dead. Two immediately started sprinting towards the enemies...or so he thought. I had cleared out all the enemies in the forest so they won't impede my fights. I had him trapped at the cliff, and just kicked him off. I got slung with multiple streams of hatemail from both of them, which I shrugged off, mostly because of their builds. (Sad I did that, I literally got a shovel and hit myself in the head and started bleeding a lot just because I thought that.)

I was using my Shrine Maiden build at the Kiln, and I summoned a phantom. Once they were successfully summoned, I bowed, only to be shot at by a Crystal Soul Spear. I barely managed to dodge it. They attacked me wildly with the Moonlight Greatsword's special attacks. They were ridiculously easy to dodge, and was punished with a backstab from my Black Knight Halberd.

I backed up to give them some room, they kept shooting magic at me and I kept dodging. They attacked me with their Moonlight Greatsword, only to realize that they used all of their durability. They switched out for another and hit me once...for 1,700 damage. I could tell that it was impossible to do that with one normal hit with that. I immediately went into overdrive.

They tried attacking me, but I used Force and staggered them. I proceeded to go behind them for another backstab, and when they were getting up, I kept attacking and attacking. When they got to low health, the bar froze, and they had unlimited health. I backed up to see what they would do. They started ninja flipping with full Havel's and backstabbed me...for 4,000 damage. The repeated point downs was insult to injury. I got a lot of hatemail about how I was terrible at the game.

MSGS Build: https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=163489201198979073

Shrine Maiden Build: https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=397957354222866135

UmbasaOtter
    Regular
    Regular

Post by UmbasaOtter Mon May 20, 2013 10:30 pm

i invaded in the township, and was sad to see three ugly fellas staring at my ascension.
    ROUND 1, FIGHT!
    the golden phantom ran at me with his curved sword, his motivations clear, i easily parried his first attack. As i attempted to riposte, i was staggered by the white, host not far behind, and stun locked to death by the three of them.

GANKERS WIN!

I invade again, and wouldn't you know it, the the same world. though this time i knew what to expect.

ROUND 2, FIGHT!

I blocked their initial onslaught, and booked it down the township. I noticed that the level had been cleared, so i decided to make a stand on the round tower, just after the narrow wood bridge. I watch the group fast approaching, the gold phantom never made it, he ran strait off the edge of the bridge all on his own. The white made it to the round tower, he was using the black knight great sword. As we were skirmishing i was hit by a great bow, and flung backwards, landing in the center of the tower. I dodge a second arrow, and swing my mace at the white, who back pedals off the edge of the tower.

After both phantoms had committed suicide, i rolled my way over the narrow bridge, to avoid the hosts arrows. He rolled backwards into a corner, letting me stun-lock him into oblivion.

and i hadn't even used my sunlight blade yet.

OTTER WINS!

i also never got a round three, which was a disappointment.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Mon May 20, 2013 10:50 pm

I made a SL9 Balder Cosplay to invade in Undead Parish (fully upgraded armour and shield, but unupgraded BSS and Calamity ring). I didn't kill Gargoyles though, so I get invaded by 1 of the griefers who just BS-fish with elemental weapons. Now, I'm not stupid, and I carry a Lightning BSS +5 with me for this specific purpose.

So, the guy starts circling for a BS. I hit him twice with my Lightning BSS, he manages to get his BS but it's cancelled by the second hit. He notices he took 250 damage from a single hit, shrugged while I was still stuck in the BS animation, and DCed.

That's right, he DCed. The invader with OP weapons DCed the moment he noticed his opponent was actually capable of fighting back. So pathetic.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue May 21, 2013 4:44 am

Some dude invaded ran up and bowed to me yesterday, i returned the bow and the **** soulsucked me for 10 humanity, beat him got 1 back. Back to bonfire and i equipped TWOp for the first time ever. He invades, bows i twop hornet bs, wotg dead, 2 back. Invades a 3rd time and runs off when he sees me eventually beat him, 3 back. Saw the fog gate go up, check the players list, saw it was him changed my gear to look different, he runs up bows twop etc, 4 back. Did the gear swap thing a few more times, does anybody pay attention to the name of the invader\invadee. To make a longass winded story short i got my 10 + 3 more humanity back from him.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 21, 2013 4:53 am

I invaded an unlimited health hacker who sipped Estus to make it appear as if he didn't have unlimited health.

When you take 0 damage from an attack it's obvious you're cheating.
    White Knight Wulf
    White Knight Wulf
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by White Knight Wulf Tue May 21, 2013 5:10 am

Toast who's ur main in bbcs srry for the slight derail
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 21, 2013 5:20 am

I'm new to the game, but I'm liking Jin so far.

Please stay on topic, I'd hate for Reim to have one of those derailing episodes.

Those never end well.

I invaded two people in Dark Anor Londo, so I led them to the Archers.

Best. Teammates. Ever.

Host and phantom fell off the side, I cried laughing.
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue May 21, 2013 5:29 am

That reminds me, got summoned once in anor londo, just about to go through the boss fog and we get invaded and the host proceeds to follow the invader so i followed the host with no intention of ganking, invader opens the main door, runs out and the host follows, killed the sentinels, invader runs again down to the gargoyles, host again follows, kills the gargy's, invader runs to the archers and i swear to god i couldn't believe it the host bloody idiot follows him and gets hit and knocked off by the first arrow shot. I've seen\done some stupid stuff in this game but that beat them all.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Tue May 21, 2013 5:42 am

Speaking of Anor Londo, whilst re-making my builds I got quite the pleasant invasion.

I was fighting the Royal Sentinels, and he waited for me to kill the last one.

I could have summoned Brolaire and ganked, but that gesture made me fight him fairly.

Anyways, he buffs his Great Scythe, and comes at me.

I readied my Butterfly Horn in defense(Such a wondrous weapon, how I ever did without is beyond me) and we spared back and forth.

Each one of us expertly dodged, and finally he succumbed to my Butterfly Horn.

T'was a very fun fight.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Thu May 23, 2013 10:41 pm

if you have invaded at Anor Londo you will have probably encountered a host who keeps t the rotating bridge at the rafter level in order to bait you ino them so they can knock you from there using a greatbow, well ever since the first time it happened to me I always pack my owgratbow in case it happens. So earlier today I invade some random dude who is doing just that, he is waiting for me at the last rafter junction spaming Well What is it I answer with a gough's arrow to the face.

I also got bleed to death by a gank squad even when I was turtling behind a Bloodshield,is it like the Artorias great shield which doesn't block in pvp or have I missunderstood the shield and it only increases blood resist?
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu May 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Satoshi wrote:
    "Not ninja flipping", two paragraphs later, "I ninja flipped out of harms way".

I smell a ruse...
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Thu May 23, 2013 10:54 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    I smell a ruse...

Nope. You smell menu-swapping.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Thu May 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Satoshi wrote:

Nope. You smell menu-swapping.
    Then why didn't you include that ;-;
    Satoshi
    Satoshi
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Satoshi Thu May 23, 2013 11:01 pm

SadPanda wrote:
    Then why didn't you include that ;-;

I do not have the brain power, and I was dead tired, so I forgot many things in it.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Thu May 23, 2013 11:03 pm

Dusk Soul wrote:if you have invaded at Anor Londo you will have probably encountered a host who keeps t the rotating bridge at the rafter level in order to bait you ino them so they can knock you from there using a greatbow, well ever since the first time it happened to me I always pack my owgratbow in case it happens. So earlier today I invade some random dude who is doing just that, he is waiting for me at the last rafter junction spaming Well What is it I answer with a gough's arrow to the face.

I also got bleed to death by a gank squad even when I was turtling behind a Bloodshield,is it like the Artorias great shield which doesn't block in pvp or have I missunderstood the shield and it only increases blood resist?

Bloodshield increases bleed/poison/toxic resistance by 25%, that's it. It doesn't block them. Only GShieldOA and Spider Shield block status ailments. It's also worth noting that this increase of 25% is only your resistance granted by stats, not by armour. Also, Gargoyle Tail Axe increases the same resistances by a whopping 100% and the respective rings by a massive 400%. So 2 tail axes and the ring are the best you're gonna get.
    Dusk Soul
    Dusk Soul
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Dusk Soul Thu May 23, 2013 11:13 pm

Oh well, now I feel silly.
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Fri May 24, 2013 12:40 am

I've been noticing a startling amount of invaders(both red&blue) who invade, attack, run away and hide behind enemies, then heal. I don't usually have a problem w/healing invaders because if they heal then I'll heal(altho I'm not a fan of healing either way while dueling)but when the invaders continue to run away,heal, attack, run away, then heal again it really starts to annoy me. Some might say to chase them down but 2 things come to mind for me. 1st thing is that I'm a courier for the Invader Trader Store and most of the time I'm trying to summon a customer and 2nd the invaders usually run away to an area swarmed by enemies and in a very dangerous place like the bridges in Sens or the walkway w/the silver knight archers in Anor Londo so I couldn't quite chase them down and punish them exactly in those areas. Anyways it just really bothers me that they do this especially when they send messages calling me a ***** for not chasing them after they ran away and healed. I swear sometimes I have to smh @ the type of people who play Dark souls this way. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Has anyone faced off against these retreating/healing degenerates? And not host healers either Invader healers
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri May 24, 2013 4:00 am

Some interesting stuff here.

I've had a few instances where an invader would come in unarmed(bare fists) or would unarm themselves after deciding that they take a liking to me.
    Then we would just spar around with our barefists and have a nice little backstab/riposte/kick fest.
    One particular invader was a darkmoon dressed in Smough's/yellow turban. He was a fun guy, my friend Ultimateevil123 and I had fun messing around with him in the Township.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri May 24, 2013 10:44 am

Here's a strange one:

The day before yesterday, SL55 AL ganker trolling and lonely quester execution. Quester had 1 summon with him. I tried some damaging in the hallway, but they weren't stupid (at least not at that point). I just put away the humantiy and no longer heal, when the host heals...thats too expensive over a longer period of time. So i use Lloyd and try to the last HP without healing.
    They got me down, to under 100 HP in the hallway, so i ran to my good friend in AL - the Demon.
    I ran in circles behind the door with my large club 2h in blocking position before me, every now and then stop and try to hit them both before the door, throwing poison darts in between, standing behind the corner an trying a 2h r2 when they tried to come in.
    They tried everything from outside, esp. Dark Magic - but only wasted their magic without hitting me once. I continued running in circles before them in the room with the demon...they didn't went away, but trying with bows now.
    Then they wrecked their weapons with special effects (saw the Obsidian GS, Golem axe, and DKGA).
    15 min later they still didn't decide to just leave, but still trying. Now the white tries to sneak in and kill me....instead of killing my friend the demon....well with that i bleeded the host out of estus, because host heals his phantom after every try.
    Still running circles before them and doing some dancing now...host lost patience and went in before the white could react. Demon jumps and blocks the entrance for the white. Large Club 2h r2 -> on the ground with the host! BS while getting up -> job done, jumping joy Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations! 3207319737right in front of the white, where i danced for nearly 20 min with 100 hp right in front of them....never though i do that, only wanted to troll as long as possible when they got me down to 100 hp in the first 2 min of the invasion.....

pretty sure the controller of the host had some airtime with a hard landing and the white done some facepalms Funny/Weird/Strange/Pathetic PvP Situations! 1866257299
    Best invasion for weeks very entertaining.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 10:22 am