Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

playr covenants

cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

playr covenants  Empty playr covenants

Post by cerealaire Mon May 20, 2013 2:25 am

i think dark souls 2 should have a player covenant a clan basically you join in a specific place from a summon or joining a player the covenant leader can custimize the ring for any type that cost 10000 souls or a covenant flag you wear (no weight and its custimizable an emblem) think this a good idea on the other hand this idea could lead to an invader covenant if invading is still available
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

playr covenants  Empty Re: playr covenants

Post by Dibsville Mon May 20, 2013 2:28 am

It's a good idea, but many games already do this. Plus, it would be kind of weird in a souls game where the point is to feel alone and in the dark. Knowing that you always have your covenant with you kind of takes away that feeling.

No offense to you, although I like the idea, I wouldn't support it to be added. It takes away from the point of Dark Souls.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Mon May 20, 2013 1:40 pm

I think instead of a player covenant, From should make a deep rivalry between two covenants. They could have items to invade eachother, and to level up in the covenant they have to kill the opposite covenant players.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon May 20, 2013 6:19 pm

@Dibsville i understand what you are saying i shouldve edited but oh well you know the cat covenant when you wear the ring then you invade somebody something like that you gotta defend your position but i dont want it to be competitive i want it challenging if you dissagree or think my reply is stupid i have no problem plus your no offense is non offensive
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Mon May 20, 2013 6:43 pm

I just don't like the idea of having built in clan covenant in the game like that. To me it takes away the aspect of feeling alone in the game with that little flicker of hope called co-op and it's dark counter invading. I would like two covenant rivalries sown in better but not like this idea. Don't get me wrong I like this idea of yours I just don't think it belongs in the Souls games.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 20, 2013 6:46 pm

I feel like if they allowed clans, the quality of clans would diminish, it would detract from the in game covenants, and as dibs said would hae a negative impact on the setting and feeling of the game itself.

Of course, here at the forum we don't need it, as we make our own covenants and run them on this very site winking
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon May 20, 2013 6:49 pm

yep i hear ya i forgot to edit about the clan thingy if someone has a better way of the player covenant idea this is what im thinking but i guess im thinking it in a way to not make it feel like a dark souls game i apoligize

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 7:58 pm