Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+8
Animaaal
Hatsune Miku
Saturday-Saint
Hue
PlasticandRage
reim0027
Dibsville
SirArchmage
12 posters

A thought.

Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

A thought. - Page 2 Empty Re: A thought.

Post by Animaaal Mon May 20, 2013 1:50 pm

The Hogarth Curve is an example of imperfect perfection.

Also, if an imperfection is the key to conceptual perfection, wouldn't the perfect mind understand when to apply this?

Cindy Crawford's mole is another example of variations from the canon of beauty.

I say if something is "perfect" then there is no room for bordom.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Mon May 20, 2013 2:37 pm

The whole idea of perfection is a bit odd isn't it? An end to advancing as you would be at the maximum you could be. And a bit odd to think the perfect person would apply imperfection to himself to better achieve perfection. I have yet to look up the things like Hogarth curve you are talking about, as I don't like looking up too much about some thought of theory I have so I understand it from a more ignorant viewpoint. And as I am still thinking about different things about the nature of perfection, I have yet to read much anything about it. Plus it makes it all the fun to discover things on my own and look up later that others have thought of the same thing.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 20, 2013 2:48 pm

Ya it is a strange concept lol. Hogarth Curve is simply a large arching curve followed by a smaller opposing curve. Its considered the most beautiful line possible.

I guess to me "perfect" means "flawless", even if flaws are required to be flawless???...this is where I lose my train of thought. :drunken:
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 20, 2013 2:50 pm

I think an important point to note upon is the ideal of perfection itself. Perfection is not something that is set in stone. It changes with society, with learning, with time.

The idea of a perfect woman just over a century ago was one who obeys, bears children and looks after the house.

The idea of perfect art and music has changed vastly over the course of a century.

The fact is, if we created a perfect mind now- it would not be true perfection, as that is unachievable. It will be perfection only to the one second it is created. Any longer and the perspective of perfection changes, and that perfect mind ceases to be ideal.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Mon May 20, 2013 3:35 pm

SirArchmage wrote:Would you want to be intelligent? To think further ahead and faster then everyone, to be the one to answer the questions and solve the riddles, at the cost of the misfortune it brings? To live through the mental illnesses that it brings with it so that you may think as fast as a computer? Would you let yourself be tortured by the information you have that no one else seems to see, and let yourself feel loss all the stronger, so that you may impress your friends with your intellect? Would you be willing to not be close to anyone at all because no one can fully understand you, no one that you can let your guard down and not have to dumb down your words, so that you may become successful in every test? Would you let yourself see the flaws in everyone you meet, unwillingly hating everyone you meet just a little bit because of those flaws you see in them that seem so obnoxious and obvious to you, so that you could beat all your friends at chess?

Would you wish to take on the burden of intelligence?

Just a thought.
    Grats. You've described my entire life. No fun at all.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Mon May 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Serious has gained enlightenment!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE'S GREEN!!!!!!!!!
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon May 20, 2013 3:50 pm

take the worship to random offtopic silly

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:14 am