Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

A challenge for all of you.

DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

A challenge for all of you. Empty A challenge for all of you.

Post by DemonOfFate Wed May 22, 2013 2:04 am

Isn't it funny how us humans tend to focus on the negative ends of things? I'm sure at the end of each day you think of all the bad things that happened, opposed to the good things. Why is it that us humans look at the negative side of everything? Perhaps its because we are actually oblivious to the good things, or perhaps we are too ignorant to acknowledge how good our life is compared to others. Or maybe we are just so selfish that we think that we have it the worst, that everyone else's life is better.

I'm guilty of this, your guilty of this, everyone is guilty of this. The real question is why do we do it? Why is it human nature for us to pity ourselves, for us to remain ignorant, for us to be blind in everything but sight. Why do we only take everything at face value, why don't we see deeper into things? Why when you bump into someone on the street, and they seem angered by the accident, and remark about you being an idiot or something.

In truth, the odds are that man/woman has something going on much deeper in their life, yet we take it at face value, thinking that they are just naturally harsh to others. I challenge myself, and you to look at things in a subjective manner, i challenge you to go against the flow, i challenge you to go against the natural way of things, to think deeply on your actions in everyday life. The real question is, do you accept the challenge?
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

A challenge for all of you. Empty Re: A challenge for all of you.

Post by SirArchmage Wed May 22, 2013 2:21 am

Much, much easier to take everything at face value when it is such a menial thing such as bumping into a guy on the street. You get anger at it, come up with a quick solution as to why he did it, that solution happens to be that he is an idiot, and then you walk away thinking he is an idiot without putting forth the effort to think deeper. As for the first thing you said, which is what is called "pessimism" as I'm sure you know, that is because we hope that good things will happen. When we hope something happens, and it does, we are content that it happened. But when it does not happen we think of all the things that could have happened to make such an event better as to fulfill our hope that a good thing will happen. It is pretty much human nature to be at least a bit pessimistic. And the part about how we complain about our lives when others are worse; just think. You are experiencing all these bad things to you and you think that this is horrible. But then you hear about something worse happening to another person. You are subjectively hearing about something worse and not experiencing it yourself. Even though it is common knowledge you have no idea just how worse they are from you, and when you are focused on something bad that happened to you, you aren't going to be thinking of that hungry kid in Africa. You are going to be thinking "why won't this old hag move faster in the grocery line? I need to get to my house." Could go on and on about this. This is a subject that has been probed my many people.

P.S. Capitalize your "i"s
    DemonOfFate
    DemonOfFate
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by DemonOfFate Wed May 22, 2013 2:29 am

But even if we acknowledge this, why do we continue to do it? I acknowledge this, yet even I still do it. Why is it so hard for us humans to come out of our ignorance, no matter how hard even I try, I always end up thinking something along the lines of what I mentioned. Why is it that when you ask one question, you only end up with even more. It boggles my mind sometimes, I mean how can we break out of this shell of ignorance?

There has to be a way, and I intend to keep searching for it until the day I die. I don't want to make remarks for people who are having a hard time in their life, because I am trapped in a shell of Ignorance. For I don't think that is fair.

Oh and I always forget to capitalize my I's, I'll work on that.
    Hatsune Miku
    Hatsune Miku
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Hatsune Miku Wed May 22, 2013 10:55 am

There are optimistic people out there you know.
    I happen to mainly be optimistic. But sometimes pessimistic.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Wed May 22, 2013 10:50 pm

You mean negative things like creating duplicate threads? lol!

Seeing as I live in britain everyone is pretty negative.

Like people get annoyed by the american students here because they're too happy and carefree lol
    Mr. Tart
    Mr. Tart
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Mr. Tart Thu May 23, 2013 8:48 am

That's usually how I work. Whenever I wait for the bus, or am on the bus, I tend to observe people. See how they act, and think about what possible reasons there could be to it all.

In general, I believe I'm very optimistic person, but I blame my depression for moving me towards the opposite direction.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:25 am