Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

I have an idea!

xysizzle
    xysizzle

I have an idea! Empty I have an idea!

Post by xysizzle Wed May 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Okay, so today we had exams at my school and I finished earlier than most, so I had around 2 hours to do absolutely nothing. I started thinking about random subjects and Dark Souls 2 was one of them. Here is the idea that I came up with:
    Swords should have different damage amounts based on how you hit another player/enemy. The reason for this is that when you, for example, get slashed at by a katana you might only get hit by the very tip of the blade. Realistically this wouldn't do as much damage to you as a full, up close attack. In game this could work by having the upper half of a sword blade do 2/3 the damage as a hit with the entirety of the blade. This would add more tactics and risk to pvp, as you would either have to play it safe and do slightly less damage or get up close and do the full damage.
    I believe this mechanic is already in place for blunt weapons (I'm not 100% sure), but this idea would include swords and any other weapons that could apply. What do you guys think?
    Aevun
    Regular
    Regular

I have an idea! Empty Re: I have an idea!

Post by Aevun Wed May 22, 2013 3:08 pm

This is not Chivalry. The game mechanics are not precise enough to accommodate these sorts of things. That's what I think anyway.
    Elifia
    Elifia
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Elifia Wed May 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Didn't Monster Hunter have this? Middle of blade did most damage, tip and close to handle did less. If Monster Hunter can do it, then Dark Souls should be able to too. The question is, do we want it?
    xysizzle
    xysizzle

Post by xysizzle Wed May 22, 2013 3:47 pm

If FROM could execute it correctly it could be great, and since they are using dedicated servers for Ds2 the lag wouldn't be as much of an issue. The only problem is that sword arnt always that large so with smaller curved swords it would be more getting lucky
    mr_no_face
    mr_no_face
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by mr_no_face Thu May 23, 2013 7:07 am

Dark Souls already kind of does this If you use the Demon Catching Pole and attack , if you hit with just the end ( the catching part) it does more damage and if you hit with most of the pole part then it does a little less at least thats what i noticed

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:53 pm