Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+10
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
FexDS
RevolverSnake
Argetlam350
TheColdestHeart
Noob-of-Artorias
Carphil
JohnnyHarpoon
passivefamiliar
XachAttack
14 posters

How is The Last of Us?

KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

How is The Last of Us? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is The Last of Us?

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 pm

How on Earth have I spoiled it? Read the previous page,the same location was discussed in greater detail before I ever got here. Damn kids,skimming them posts.... tongue

I'll be playing more of the game tomorrow as it isn't my PS3,it's my brother's.I'm a bit sad to hear you guys say it's short as I haven't played many good games lately.One thing I liked is how enemies could see my knee poking out from behind cover,maybe it was just a one time thing but that never happens in other stealth games,half of your body has to stick out before they notice you usually.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:03 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:The game looks good but I haven't really been drawn it by it.I like the characters and animation so far.I just got to the museum roof before I stopped playing and a big criticism I have is that I was able to kill all of the infected downstairs with my bare hands without getting hurt.Perhaps it's just that normal isn't very hard,I dunno.I think it would be a good idea to play the game alone at night with headphones.
    Oh hard is definitely different. If you get surrounded by a group of Runners, majority of the times it means death if you can't get away and heal, that's my experience. And just wait for Survivor difficulty.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:16 pm

I'll do a second playthrough if it's good enough.I started on normal because I have certain attitude about difficulty,I either go to the very highest or stick on normal,no middle ground for me.I expect survivor mode will take away all of the bullets and make enemies more aware in addition to the damage bonuses they get.I wouldn't mind a strong challenge as long as it doesn't become unfair.

Another thought I have is that the game intro was done well.I was surprised that the game came from the same people who made that godawful Uncharted game.I wish I could use the PS3 at night just to scare myself the chaos.I'll be back on the thread tomorrow when I've played more.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 pm

KrazykevS10 wrote:I'll do a second playthrough if it's good enough.I started on normal because I have certain attitude about difficulty,I either go to the very highest or stick on normal,no middle ground for me.I expect survivor mode will take away all of the bullets and make enemies more aware in addition to the damage bonuses they get.I wouldn't mind a strong challenge as long as it doesn't become unfair.

Another thought I have is that the game intro was done well.I was surprised that the game came from the same people who made that godawful Uncharted game.I wish I could use the PS3 at night just to scare myself the chaos.I'll be back on the thread tomorrow when I've played more.
    Oh survivor difficulty makes supplies far and inbetween, definitely more stealth is needed due to the limited supplies and no listening mode. So far hasn't been unfair, though I only started Survivor difficulty.

What on earth is wrong with Uncharted if you don't mind me asking? I mean I highly like the series, just my opinion.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:54 am

KrazykevS10 wrote:How on Earth have I spoiled it? Read the previous page,the same location was discussed in greater detail before I ever got here. Damn kids,skimming them posts.... tongue

I'll be playing more of the game tomorrow as it isn't my PS3,it's my brother's.I'm a bit sad to hear you guys say it's short as I haven't played many good games lately.One thing I liked is how enemies could see my knee poking out from behind cover,maybe it was just a one time thing but that never happens in other stealth games,half of your body has to stick out before they notice you usually.
    my bad there i just read yours and saw that part with the infected at the museum roof
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:08 am

No problem deadblood. And Argetlam,I didn't like Uncharted because it felt very dull and I though it looked the part too.I'll pop it in later to make sure I'm thinking of the right game as everyone else appears to love it but yeah,that's how it felt.I dropped it after an hour of playing which is pretty bad when I've finished some pretty horrible games.BTW,when I hear that these games were made by Naughty Dog,all I can think of is the first Crash Bandicoot game on PS1.
    RevolverSnake
    RevolverSnake
    Regular
    Regular

Post by RevolverSnake Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:09 am

This game is *** amazing.
    TheColdestHeart
    TheColdestHeart
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheColdestHeart Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:16 am

Also, holy sweet Jeebus, this game's music is amazing. Really, Gustavo Santaolalla really outdid himself here. I pre-ordered the game, so as a bonus, I got the soundtrack for free, and I've basically been listening to it non-stop since I got it. What I love about it is that it isn't bombastic and an assault on the senses, like Uncharted's was (don't get me wrong, I rather enjoy the Uncharted games), but rather soft, mellow guitar music. It really helps set the tone for the game, and just the music alone gives me feels.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:41 am

TheColdestHeart wrote:Also, holy sweet Jeebus, this game's music is amazing. Really, Gustavo Santaolalla really outdid himself here. I pre-ordered the game, so as a bonus, I got the soundtrack for free, and I've basically been listening to it non-stop since I got it. What I love about it is that it isn't bombastic and an assault on the senses, like Uncharted's was (don't get me wrong, I rather enjoy the Uncharted games), but rather soft, mellow guitar music. It really helps set the tone for the game, and just the music alone gives me feels.
    agreed with you on that brotha my favorite sountrack is the path one it is amzing
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:25 am

Just experienced my first big bug. I was hiding from a clicker and a runner saw me from the other side of my cover and ran up to attack, and obviously the clicker heard the sound and came running in too. Bill started to wrestle around with the clicker, which usually lasts a couple seconds, so I turned and killed the runner with my upgraded melee weapon, and then turned back around just in time to see the clicker lunge at me with Bill oddly still grappling it. The screen came up that shows the clicker biting you when you die that way, but this time Bill was between the clicker and I and it couldn't get through him, so nothing happened instead. I stood like I was about to get bit, the clicker stood like it was about to bite, and Bill vibrated between us, and nothing happened. Had to quit out of the game entirely to get out of  the screen. Don't think it'll really effect my game. I'd saved probably 3ish minutes before that. Still kind of annoying though.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:18 am

The game is cool, but it left me with a sense of more. 

-Only 3 types of zombies. I wanted more variety.

-Zombies/humans battle alternating. By the end game I was predicting "here comes a zombie part because the last 1 was a human battles part."

-This game could have been perfect if it was open world. I got a bow yet I can't hunt animals really? I like linear games but when you see that beautiful scenery you just want to be able to explore everything. 

-Puzzles are too easy and repetitive.

-No coop. 

The game's good things:

-Story
    -Combat
    -Beautiful graphics, the best on the PS3 atm.
    -Music
    -Multiplayer. It's very simple yet it's addicting and fun.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:37 pm

There are 4 types of zombies. I felt like that plus the human enemies was enough for me.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:43 pm

i wanted really call them zombies they're called infected only way their like that is because the overgrown fungus and i believe theres 3 the runners,clickers and the bloaters
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:52 pm

and stalkers. Granted they look a lot like runners, but their behavior is different and their faces are slightly different.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:16 pm

PlasticandRage wrote:and stalkers. Granted they look a lot like runners, but their behavior is different and their faces are slightly different.
    Stalkers. Waited whole game for them to come out then I realized they were faster runners. They can see you and can hear you like clickers do. They also have some fungus in the head. First time you find them is in the sewers? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:19 pm

oh my i thought they were typical runners 
    wyrmhero i believe you're right the "stalkers" were females i did not get encountered with a male"stalker"
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:20 pm

You find a note in the flooded subway station, the underground bit right after the capital building, that warns you that they're in there with you. I'm not sure if they are and I just managed to evade them or what. Outside that I haven't ran into em yet. I'm not terribly far though. I'm saved inside the high school in Lincoln. By far the hardest place I've been. Getting there from the church was really fun. Going back yard to back yard then fighting the big pack of runners. Good stuff.

^ Stalker Picture.
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:17 pm

Ah I thought there were only three as well, guess we learn something new every day. XD
    Well finished part of the multiplayer trophies now have to complete another 12 weeks. I find the multiplayer addicting but sometimes the whole clan setup is rather annoying. Oh well, I guess after that I'm going to go and complete the difficulty trophies and collecting item trophies.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 pm

You know it just occurred to me that I haven't unlocked a single trophy yet. I wonder if I'm having issues with the trophies? Have to go look at them and see there's anything I definitely would have unlocked by now.

I'm starting to have some technical issues with the game. It's freezing during cut scenes, and sometimes when it gets through them and tries to drop me back into the world it won't render properly and I'll load into a big white space with no textures or objects.

No I think I just genuinely haven't gotten any trophies yet. Seems like most of the game's trophies are things you actually have to work for to get. Not really any "Kill 5 Clickers" or the like.

Last edited by PlasticandRage on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Argetlam350
    Argetlam350
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Argetlam350 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:32 pm

That sounds wierd. Never had that happened, only problem I had with the disk was when the last cutscene of the game would freeze up but that was due to finger smudges on the disk.
    As for the trophies, yeah it can take some time to get your first one. Mine was crafting all the items in story mode and that wasn't until maybe in Pittsburgh if I remember right. So I don't think you are doing anything wrong just most just require time.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:35 pm

Yup. I think you're absolutely right. Just looked through them and most seem like things you have to play for awhile to get. I like that. You actually have to work for them.

The glitches didn't start happening until last night. I got all the way to the high school in Lincoln without a single one and now suddenly there's tons of them. My game disk is fine too. It came right out of the case and into my PS3 and hasn't been out since.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:41 pm

I actually haven't been playing the game the last few days.I'll likely be shot or mobbed for this but I've been playing Skyrim instead.I stopped somewhere after the bridge and sewers,I may resume playing tomorrow.I did notice the Stalkers looked different than Runners,didn't know they had a name though.I remember wondering why the infected were taking cover instead of rushing into my shotgun blasts.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:42 pm

It seems to just be one cut scene in particular that I'm having issues with. I went to the gallery and watched all of them and they're all fine except this one that won't play without glitching. The one called "He was my partner."

Wow. The scene in the hotel
    Spoiler:
    is crazy. You had to know it was coming. Just the vibration in the controller was enough to give it away, but it was still crazy when it happened. Joel and I reacted in the same way pretty much in unison. Despite the couple glitches I was experiencing, which really seemed to be centered around the last parts at the school and have since ceased, I love this game. I really do. Been awhile since I've played a game that makes my palms sweat and my heart pound.

Had such a fun encounter a few minutes ago too. I stealthed my whole way through the hotel. All the way up to the point that you find the ladder at the top, and as I was on my way up that last stairwell I heard a hunter I had missed without realizing it on the floor below, so I crouched at the top of the stairs and threw my brick against the wall on the landing and I heard him yell "WHERE ARE YOU MOTHER**!?" and come sprinting up the stairwell only to be blasted in the face with a shotgun as soon as he turned the corner. Something about the way the whole thing played out was very satisfying.
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:35 am

I'm not having any problem problems, but the game is glitching the f*ck out.  Random sh*t will start changing shapes and stretch, things dis/reappear.  I had no problems my entire first playthrough, and noticed it happen a couple times the other day, but today it was like everywhere I looked.

I just beat it, and I'd still say it's very good.
    PlasticandRage
    PlasticandRage
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by PlasticandRage Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:41 am

Yeah my experience with the glitching seems to have followed a similar pattern. Didn't have any problems at all my first maybe 10 hours of play, then it glitched so hard it crashed my whole system maybe 4 times in quick succession, then they stopped all together. Maybe there's an imperfection in the disc or something, like it was pressed that way. Who knows.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 2:09 am