Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
drdrack
Marino.
Serious_Much
SirArchmage
crbngville2
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
RANT
Soris Ice Goldwing
Onion Knight
Dibsville
LunarFog
15 posters

Guys. I found another Xbox One Update. This HAS to be real

LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Guys. I found another Xbox One Update. This HAS to be real Empty Guys. I found another Xbox One Update. This HAS to be real

Post by LunarFog Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:51 pm

edited

Last edited by reim0027 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Edited profanity)
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Guys. I found another Xbox One Update. This HAS to be real Empty Re: Guys. I found another Xbox One Update. This HAS to be real

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:54 pm

Fell out of my chair laughing.
    Onion Knight
    Onion Knight
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Guys. I found another Xbox One Update. This HAS to be real Empty Re: Guys. I found another Xbox One Update. This HAS to be real

Post by Onion Knight Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Is it worrying that I could totally see Don Mattrick saying something like this? The guy is a grade A moron.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 pm

Sums it up pretty well.
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:57 pm

I'd totally get an Xbone if this was real.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Lol @ the nerdrage.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:59 pm

Wouldn't hurt them that much anyway because...Halo and CoD. Just grab all the younglings and you can still say you have some pride left.
    LunarFog
    LunarFog
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by LunarFog Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:03 pm

"Just grab all the younglings" is a phrase that is very difficult to say without the wrong image coming to mind
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:05 pm

LunarFog wrote:"Just grab all the younglings" is a phrase that is very difficult to say without the wrong image coming to mind
    Scarring.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:05 pm

applause
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:07 pm

LunarFog wrote:"Just grab all the younglings" is a phrase that is very difficult to say without the wrong image coming to mind
    Well that IS their audience and age group...scary.
    crbngville2
    crbngville2
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by crbngville2 Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:48 pm

LMAO +1
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:55 pm

I guess thwir target aidience thing is working since most of the xboxers in here are 15, 16, 17, 18 years old.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:08 pm

I had such, such high hopes that this was real, because I could completely read it in his voice. But then I realized it was from Dorkly, and I was saddened.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:16 pm

The biggest problem here is it actually makes some good points. In fact some perfectly sum it up.

Obviously things were skipped over, but some of these things actually made me thing about whether the uproar was justified.. Then again if microsoft had explained their intentions and where they got their ideas from fully maybe there would have been better reception
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:43 pm

lol, nice one .
    And it even has good points .

But i have to say something about this Downloading Games stuff, if it really is how this text says it is and Microsoft is trying to be like Steam they should stop trying to be like Steam we already have a Steam, it's called Steam .

Just make a plastic thing where i put a Disc in to play Vidya, that's all i want .
    drdrack
    Regular
    Regular

Post by drdrack Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm

One more post about this, and I think I'm moving back to posting meagerly about dark souls(which has little to do with the current gen war, surprisingly)

Weather this op is serious or not, there are some good reason in there... 

Steam HAS indeed been doing this for a long period of time. This, along with the fact that when steam service frist came out, many oppose and hate it as much as now. (I still have no idea what cloud gaming did to steam though)

What's more is that steam offers exclusive to it's platform too, hoping it's restricting feature will make it though, a game which now be known as HL2. While i understand that steam is, free, and that the current gen is not.  I will agree with the op, serious or not, that it doesn't have to be as bad as people make it out to be.

The point i really agree with the op though, serious or not, is that right now it's too early too tell. If those exclusive games turns out to be actually worth playing, and they're gaming distribution and DRM actually works. (Read: as in actually letting most play their games fairly) Then that I'm sure just as many would be will spend the hardware and use it.

Since most people back in the steam days thought steam was going to be a failure, (heck for all the jokes that were poked at orgin, that turned out to be one of EA's more successful projects)

Execution, is really, everything when you wish to deliver these as they call it now, service

However though, sadly, I'm still going to buy a ps4 if a new gen game i want comes out. Simply because i am too poor to afford that 100 dollar. (and according to the presentation they give us, I am also apparently spending 100 dollar on something that's going to be staring at my every move)
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:01 pm

It definitely brings a different perspective to the argument, if a not entirely thorough one (Steam has an Offline Mode where even if you are without a connection for days or weeks you can still play your single-player games.  The connection requirement to download a new game isn't the same as the "once a day check in").  Ultimately though, it only makes one point of genuine interest in that cloud-based games could be bigger and offer more.  Everything else is just saying "It was different, guys!  Couldn't you see how different an not the same as before this was gonna be?! Different is guaranteed to be inherently good, so now you've ruined a good thing!"  And the last bit about constant Kinect misses the point entirely.  Previously, sitting on our couch in our underwear playing games for hours was considered "what we do in the privacy of our own homes."  The simple fact that you could even potentially be unknowingly observed during that time is an invasion of that privacy, no matter how out-of-shape and gross we may happen to be.  Consider me still not convinced.

Entertaining read though, I'll give it that pony01
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:03 pm

Yet again I am linking to a video that is related to the Xbox One. A fairly good analysis of the update, including the things that Microsoft left out. A bit long, but worth the watch if one wants more insight into the new update and the things surrounding it. He likewise has some more videos that do some great analysis of the console wars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDpOKP3WFHQ
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:39 pm

So to sum it up... they wanted to basically have a slightly less powerful PS4 with kinect and a version of steam w/out offline mode and sell it for $100 more than a PS4, which happens to be the same price as the PS3 launch price of the 20GB which sold like crap against the cheaper 360.

The OP was funny, but come on...  you'd have to be utterly retarded to think that'd be a winning strategy.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:40 am

Lunar, no profanity please. Posting a picture laced with profanity is no different.
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:58 am

reim0027 wrote:Lunar, no profanity please.  Posting a picture laced with profanity is no different.

Aww....sad
    Dibsville
    Dibsville
    Abyss Dweller
    Abyss Dweller

Post by Dibsville Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:59 am

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:
    reim0027 wrote:Lunar, no profanity please.  Posting a picture laced with profanity is no different.

Aww....:(
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:04 am

Them's the rules guys.
    Latitoast
    Latitoast
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Latitoast Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:08 am

The sheriff has come down upon us, delivering edited posts with his editing revolver of justice and moderation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:22 am