Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+36
δelta
ClassicBlaze
hbm6
Jansports
raecor14
nopseudoidea
buzzgud
IHateTheFourKings
MosquitoPower
Animaaal
Noob-of-Artorias
IceIfrit666
Forum Pirate
SirArchmage
Aevun
SlothAlmighty
Leeroy_Jenkins
Fotitudo
Ghadis_God
WyrmHero
DS_Dene
RANT
Rayko
Soris Ice Goldwing
Soul of Stray Demon
LunarFog
Reaperfan
Uparkaam
shadowzninjaz
Encore
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
Slarg232
jaythibodeau
Phoenix Rising
Dibsville
SadPanda
40 posters

Which Weapon Class are You Most Excited For?

Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Which Weapon Class are You Most Excited For? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which Weapon Class are You Most Excited For?

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:10 pm

I especially loved the people looking to stunlock me (mirdan hammers, kijii, dual kats, bbs) because one cannot stunlock a truck.

Crap, I'm ot of clever for the moment, sorry reaper.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Which Weapon Class are You Most Excited For? - Page 3 Empty Re: Which Weapon Class are You Most Excited For?

Post by Reaperfan Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:28 pm

Forum Pirate wrote:I especially loved the people looking to stunlock me (mirdan hammers, kijii, dual kats, bbs) because one cannot stunlock a truck.

Crap, I'm ot of clever for the moment, sorry reaper.

Meh, you and me both. Left for a bit to do some yardwork and now I'm too tired to think lol!
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:54 pm

Come to think of it, I'm really excited for daggers. I want something like the ghost blade, except the R2 is the R1, and it's a jab not a downward strike. Causing bleed of course. And I would like it to be like the UGS buff, it swings faster, but it has more recovery frames. That way you could get them the second they come off of defending.
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:25 pm

Teh Kitten´s Cat wrote:Long... thin... slashing sword?

...Katana?

Like the Penetrating Sword in Demon's Souls with attacks similar to Velka's and Estoc's heavy attacks.
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Noob-of-Artorias
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Noob-of-Artorias Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:18 pm

Screw all ya'll!

Catalysts!
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:05 pm

Noob-of-Artorias wrote:Screw all ya'll!

Catalysts!

cheers 

With 3 weapon slots, I'm really, REALLY excited to see improvements in castings.

-I want utilitarian castings to be fast, effective, and balanced, in other words I want people to have better ways of countering, for example, my spellswords in Dark Souls.

-In turn, I really want castings like Dark Bead, WoG, and GC/BF to retain their offensiveness, but become more combo fluid.

I'd really like to see the ability to make castings a TRUE play style in itself. This is of course completely contingent on the effectiveness of backstabs this time around imo.
    SadPanda
    SadPanda
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by SadPanda Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:46 am

Animaaal wrote:

Catalysts!

cheers 

With 3 weapon slots, I'm really, REALLY excited to see improvements in castings.

-I want utilitarian castings to be fast, effective, and balanced, in other words I want people to have better ways of countering, for example, my spellswords in Dark Souls.

-In turn, I really want castings like Dark Bead, WoG, and GC/BF to retain their offensiveness, but become more combo fluid.  

I'd really like to see the ability to make castings a TRUE play style in itself.  This is of course completely contingent on the effectiveness of backstabs this time around imo.
    Well, it's safe to assume that using catalysts as weapons (and shields) will be greatly more viable. Phosphorescent Pole doubling as a catalyst and the Crest Shield doubling as a talisman Prostration, imagine the combo...
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:15 am

SadPanda wrote:
    Animaaal wrote:

Catalysts!

cheers 

I'd really like to see the ability to make castings a TRUE play style in itself.  This is of course completely contingent on the effectiveness of backstabs this time around imo.
    Well, it's safe to assume that using catalysts as weapons (and shields) will be greatly more viable. Phosphorescent Pole doubling as a catalyst and the Crest Shield doubling as a talisman Prostration, imagine the combo...

I don't get it.confused 

What I would like to see happen is let's say you push right on the d-pad to switch to your catalyst/talisman, but instead it casts the casting immediately attuned if you do it before the end of your attack animation, like a combo.

I  have not idea what to say about using a shield as a talisman, but using the PP as a catalyst would be pretty cool.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:47 am

I want at least one of the ultra swords to result in a stance where the end of the weapon drags on the ground while you walk.
    (cosplay Pyramid Head... must have...)

I want whips with RANGE!
    (cosplay Belmonts... must have....)

I want fist weapons with SPEED!
    (If it also changed the block animation to a dodge/sway = too cool)

I want crossbows that can fire while moving and don't reload until I push a button.

If the dragon form comes back I want some wild dragon-fu hand to hand attacks.

I want to be able to attack/bonk with any shield, even if its useless and causes no damage!
    IHateTheFourKings
    IHateTheFourKings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by IHateTheFourKings Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Like others have said, I'm looking forward to seeing how the weapon classes with less than good movesets will be used. I was pretty disappointed by the whips, fist weapons, crossbows, and katanas.

Kind of off-topic, though, I actually don't mind the movesets for the axes and the halberds (other than the halberd called simply "halberd).
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:35 am

Really the Katana's, I use the Washing Pole, love it for PVP and PVE, and I use the Uchi in both DeS and Dark Souls, so I'm really really looking forward to that, obviously another dex build. ;)Also I love Great Swords, never got into super strength builds, but I think I'll get into those real quickly in Dark Souls 2, excited!!
    nopseudoidea

Post by nopseudoidea Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:56 am

Halberds. They were the most OP weapons for Dark Souls PVE. I need great halberds, curved halberds, ultra great halberds ... big grin  (I imagine the 40 STR/30 DEX requirements)

Daggers seem exciting too. I wonder if there will be another Baby's Nail in DkS2.
    raecor14
    raecor14
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by raecor14 Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:32 am

Curved swords :3 best. weapons. ever.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm in the Bow boat. I love using my bows as it is, and from the very limited footage of bows being used it looks like some cool stuff has been done.

I was super sad when it was said r1/r2 fired your different two arrows rather than R1 being a quick attack and R2 being a slower further drawn shot.
    hbm6

Post by hbm6 Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:10 pm

curved great swords, and halberds
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:55 pm

Katanas, Daggers, Curved Swords and Bows, pretty much the whole dex arsenal.
    I also want fancy movesets and designs on them! If it doesnt look cool, then theres no point in using it, am I right?
    δelta
    δelta
    Regular
    Regular

Post by δelta Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:09 am

Bows.... hopefully they will fix aiming on it so that sniping can be more accurate, and people won't have to compensate for view angle and gravity at the same time.

Daggers... if dual wielding is a thing, I want to try it for daggers for fast damage/backstab spamming. Also would be nice if they moved the rapier's riposte bonus to daggers... would make them brilliant weapons imo.
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:40 am

I'm actually excited just for the entirety of combat, I'm really interested in seeing how they change things.
    Lord_Blade_Ciaran
    Lord_Blade_Ciaran

Post by Lord_Blade_Ciaran Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:03 pm

Surely the sorcerer class looks Badass now with the new spells, and the animations are a LOT more Fluid, wich means now, that a lot of players could consider giving it a chance to the class, it Does not matter to me anyway, I Always end up as a Warrior or A Knight >.< Shrug
    phastings
    phastings
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by phastings Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:21 pm

I have always loved how demons/dark souls has done great-weapons. I loved the great sword in demons souls, and was a fan of how it would rag-doll anyone who was not quick enough to get out of its path, so hopefully they will continue that.

Judging on gameplay footage, and how the mage gets floored (mid roll mind you) by the turtles mega-great mace or whatever the devil that thing is, It may be the dawning of the Str builds. 

Since I-frames negate the crap out of the slow move-sets, fewer I-frames, and the new vulnerable BS animation will give slow, heavy/high damaging weapons an edge.

- While i like the spells, i feel the Souls games are made for swordplay. The amazing collision detection and combat attack/block/parry mechanics are a testament to this.
    Forcefed
    Forcefed
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Forcefed Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:17 am

It's got to be the bigass ultra greatswords for me. Demon great machete and dragon gs have always been my favorites in dks. 

But what I would be dreaming of is chain weapons like flails for example.
    Also some kind of bigass scythe. Heavy and slow but big sweeping swing. Just to collect the human harvest.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 am