Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Animaaal
Leet
SirArchmage
Demon Slayer
WyrmHero
9 posters

Long time since I played with the character builder

WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Long time since I played with the character builder Empty Long time since I played with the character builder

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:31 pm

I got all nostalgic when I thought about my 2 favorite weapons, the MLGS and the DSS. So I opened up mugen and started planning the build. Since both weapons have a legendary look I chose a classy knight armor. The build focuses on melee with the MLGS and uses the DSS as back up for fighting vs. other spears, buffs, and for finish off. Magic only complements melee and it's used for support and surprise attacks. I think it looks great although DSS will be weak, and doesn't have max HP even though it's high SL. What do you guys think? Build planning is awesome lol.

https://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=257238797415368955
    Demon Slayer
    Demon Slayer
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Long time since I played with the character builder Empty Re: Long time since I played with the character builder

Post by Demon Slayer Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:58 pm

WyrmHero wrote:I got all nostalgic when I thought about my 2 favorite weapons, the MLGS and the DSS. So I opened up mugen and started planning the build. Since both weapons have a legendary look I chose a classy knight armor. The build focuses on melee with the MLGS and uses the DSS as back up for fighting vs. other spears, buffs, and for finish off. Magic only complements melee and it's used for support and surprise attacks. I think it looks great although DSS will be weak, and doesn't have max HP even though it's high SL. What do you guys think? Build planning is awesome lol.

#YOLO

Last edited by Demon Slayer on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Long time since I played with the character builder Empty Re: Long time since I played with the character builder

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Here is a version that is much more min-maxed, with more poise, a lot lower level, a bit less health and endurance, and a lot less magic. http://mmdks.com/2vpn

Here is a more visually pleasing(slightly more) build, albeit at a higher level. http://mmdks.com/2vpp

Other then that, it seems like a versatility build that could easily be changed around to other weapons and fighting styles, so which could pull out a lot of surprises in combat.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:48 pm

SirArchmage wrote:Here is a version that is much more min-maxed, with more poise, a lot lower level, a bit less health and endurance, and a lot less magic. http://mmdks.com/2vpn

Here is a more visually pleasing(slightly more) build, albeit at a higher level. http://mmdks.com/2vpp

Other then that, it seems like a versatility build that could easily be changed around to other weapons and fighting styles, so which could pull out a lot of surprises in combat.
    1st one can't use MLGS and if 2nd one equips DSS will mid roll. It's impossible to use both at lower SL without sacrificing huge HP/End. Thanks for the feedback.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:51 pm

SL150 with only 36 poise? You gotta do somethin about that lol.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:54 pm

Helm of favor, no chest piece, havel's gaunlets, and golem leggings = 56 poise.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:06 pm

TooLeet wrote:Helm of favor, no chest piece, havel's gaunlets, and golem leggings = 56 poise.
    36 poise is enough for greatswords 1 handed attacks and everything Dex related. I always sacrifice effectiveness for looks, but I try to stay effective.
    SirArchmage
    SirArchmage
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by SirArchmage Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:07 pm

TooLeet wrote:Helm of favor, no chest piece, havel's gaunlets, and golem leggings = 56 poise.
    He would mid-roll with that set up if he equipped his Dragon Slayer Spear.

Havel Helm, havel gauntlets, and hollow solder waistcloth, however, can give 53 poise with only having 40 endurance, and while holding the Dragon Slayer spear.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/armor

And I agree. Even with my most min-maxed builds I try to maintain some bad-*** looking characters.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:09 pm

First off, soul level 150??? cool
    Love it. Bow...but you knew that already.

Secondly.......

...........HEY!!! Nice to see you again bud. Joy

And lastly,

laughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughing

You guys don't realize who you're talking to do ya?  Wyrm needs poise.....Look Skyward

***edit***

+1 for the 150.  And also, read up on the mule Wyrm, I've heard a couple people getting banned for it, long story.  PS3 not xbox.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Animaaal wrote:First off, soul level 150??? cool
    Love it. Bow...but you knew that already.

Secondly.......

...........HEY!!! Nice to see you again bud. Joy

And lastly,

laughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughing

You guys don't realize who you're talking to do ya?  Wyrm needs poise.....Look Skyward

***edit***

+1 for the 150.  And also, read up on the mule Wyrm, I've heard a couple people getting banned for it, long story.  PS3 not xbox.
    Great to see you're still here man. You mean sony is banning for muling? Will check it out.

Edit: SL 150 turn out by coincidence, my main plan was to use both weapons. Giving the high stat requirements for both I capped at SL 150 to look nice. I hope we can implement this SL in DkS2.

Last edited by WyrmHero on Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:38 pm

Funny to see the new people trying to explain things to the master :razz:
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:41 pm

SirArchmage wrote:
    He would mid-roll with that set up if he equipped his Dragon Slayer Spear.

Havel Helm, havel gauntlets, and hollow solder waistcloth, however, can give 53 poise with only having 40 endurance, and while holding the Dragon Slayer spear.

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/armor

And I agree. Even with my most min-maxed builds I try to maintain some bad-*** looking characters.

Didn't put into account the DSS
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Carphil wrote:Funny to see the new people trying to explain things to the master :razz:

Funny to see the master asking what we think..?
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:59 pm

TooLeet wrote:
    Carphil wrote:Funny to see the new people trying to explain things to the master :razz:

Funny to see the master asking what we think..?
    I love build feedback. It always turns out with very good discussions. It's nice to see the youngins opinions as well.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:04 pm

I've been playing Dks for a couple years now and played Demon Souls also. I'm just new to the forum. Surprisingly there's still a lot i have to learn, but i'm far from new. Proper Bow
    robsthedon
    robsthedon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by robsthedon Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:37 am

WyrmHero wrote:I got all nostalgic when I thought about my 2 favorite weapons, the MLGS and the DSS. So I opened up mugen and started planning the build. Since both weapons have a legendary look I chose a classy knight armor. The build focuses on melee with the MLGS and uses the DSS as back up for fighting vs. other spears, buffs, and for finish off. Magic only complements melee and it's used for support and surprise attacks. I think it looks great although DSS will be weak, and doesn't have max HP even though it's high SL. What do you guys think? Build planning is awesome lol.

Nice to see you Wyrm, not sure about that build tho, has a lot going on.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:13 am

Using MLGS and DSS while retaining Fast Roll and good Vit is impossible without having a high SL.
    Only thing you can do with the build is to change the armor, to get higher Poise, but I understand you, because for me, aesthetics come before effectivness as well.

Only option that comes to mind is removing all your Faith. DSS will lose some of it's chipping ability, but it's damage mostly comes from the physical split, so it won't be affected that much. However, you will lose all your miracles. You can go to Faith 12 to replace WoG with Force though. With lowering your Vit and End to 40/40, you can stay at SL 125 this way, but as I said, it will require some armor reworking, which will look...unpleasant. :/

I'd keep it this way. It's a bit high, but you can host with it and as long as you like it, it's all that matters, no?
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:40 am

With those stats Velka's Talisman is the best talisman for your build.

Also nice to see you back Wyrm.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:38 pm

TooLeet wrote:I've been playing Dks for a couple years now and played Demon Souls also. I'm just new to the forum. Surprisingly there's still a lot i have to learn, but i'm far from new. Proper Bow

Forgive me, its just a joke since Wyrm used to live on the build planner. Build opinions are always welcomed no matter from new or old PVPers. I've seen some people that don't even PVP but just make a lot of good builds happy
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:11 am

Sentiel wrote:Using MLGS and DSS while retaining Fast Roll and good Vit is impossible without having a high SL.
    Only thing you can do with the build is to change the armor, to get higher Poise, but I understand you, because for me, aesthetics come before effectivness as well.

Only option that comes to mind is removing all your Faith. DSS will lose some of it's chipping ability, but it's damage mostly comes from the physical split, so it won't be affected that much. However, you will lose all your miracles. You can go to Faith 12 to replace WoG with Force though. With lowering your Vit and End to 40/40, you can stay at SL 125 this way, but as I said, it will require some armor reworking, which will look...unpleasant. :/

I'd keep it this way. It's a bit high, but you can host with it and as long as you like it, it's all that matters, no?
    If I lower Faith to minimum and Str to 16 I'll be at SL 125. I'll have to use the DSS 2 handed only though, and it will be very weak, weaker than a SKS. Not very effective but can work for low SL cap.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:12 am

Uparkaam wrote:With those stats Velka's Talisman is the best talisman for your build.

Also nice to see you back Wyrm.
    Totally forgot about that one, thanks man. Good to see you're still here as well.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:45 am