Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+13
Myztyrio
passivefamiliar
Reaperfan
steveswede
skarekrow13
densetsushun
RANT
twigsterxd
Sentiel
Walter_White
Skaggy
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Emergence
17 posters

New Demon's Playthrough: Ideas Needed

Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

New Demon's Playthrough: Ideas Needed Empty New Demon's Playthrough: Ideas Needed

Post by Emergence Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:06 pm

Alright as the title says it's time for Murgence to get back into Demon's and return home to the crucible that forged the amazesome Fexergence team you all know and are forced to love or else. We haven't had a wiki stream in a bit so I want to revive that (get it?) and do something fun and unique, and maybe even sprinkle in a little 4-1 dueling. So I ask: ideas? The best moments are the organic community ones so I want to see as many people participating and watching as possible so that means the concept should be fun and fresh. What would you like to see?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

New Demon's Playthrough: Ideas Needed Empty Re: New Demon's Playthrough: Ideas Needed

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Let Yurt kill everyone.
    Skaggy
    Skaggy
    Casual
    Casual

New Demon's Playthrough: Ideas Needed Empty Re: New Demon's Playthrough: Ideas Needed

Post by Skaggy Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

:d
    PBWT/CT using Fists of God.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Do 1-1 naked, bare fist
    only parry & riposte allowed
    phalanx are firebombs and turpentined dagger allowed

do 5 without using lotus or magic/miracle

don't use any ranged attack

only use daggers

so much ideas....
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:53 pm

How about giving me your PSN and doing a co-op run with me? I have a new SL4 lady knight that would love some Emerging company. winking 
    lol! 

I'm sick of DkS thanks to meeting 4 hackers in 1 hour and after the guide thread, I'm itching for some DeS.

Failure to comply may result in some very nasty invasions with Baby's Nail and Scraping Spear. twisted 
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:24 pm

Saw a video on youtube of this guy doing a naked sl 1 flamelurker
    I've done a solo sl 1 with a crescent falchion, would like to see you do it with a dagger, (no buffs btw)
    Are you capping at 120 for pvp?
    Can you post a link to this stream when you start it? I wanna try to get ps3 playin nice and want to see this
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:44 am

Phosphorescent pole or istarrele build!!!
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:36 am

Sentiel wrote:How about giving me your PSN and doing a co-op run with me? I have a new SL4 lady knight that would love some Emerging company. winking 
    lol! 

I'm sick of DkS thanks to meeting 4 hackers in 1 hour and after the guide thread, I'm itching for some DeS.

Failure to comply may result in some very nasty invasions with Baby's Nail and Scraping Spear. twisted 
    Senty, as far as I know E plays on the US servers, and unless you have a US copy of DeS you wouldn't be able to play it.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:47 am

So rather than make a new thread I figured I'd hijack E's.

I haven't played in over three years so I'm doing a n00b run. Aka, just playing. Having a blast but I honestly don't recall the parry window being so generous or the backstab window for that matter. I'm taking most things down like a champ which I don't recall doing the first time. The enemy AI is soooooo much better than Dark though. I had a blue eye knight try to shield fake me. 

Anyway, back on topic I don't know if you need a gimmick run E. Maybe do a play through showing off some of the ways Demon's is different than Dark. The activity was high last night online. Seems like a lot of fresh blood
    steveswede
    steveswede
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by steveswede Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Be Old Monk boss but fight with shields or just crossbows. Other than that there isn't really much more you can bleed out of that game as most of the extreme play styles have been covered.

You could for fun though have competitions testing yourself how many times you can roll on that walkway where that device shoots those arrows before you get killed. Most likely only be fun for 30 seconds but I've yet to see anyone make a game out of it.
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:53 pm

Well if you're going for an entertaining watching experience for the viewers, I'm thinking you might wanna avoid a Mage build. For something more interesting, I'd recommend using one of the more off-color weapons like the Bramd, Rune Sword, Blind, etc. Just something most people don't see too often. Another thing that, while more popularly done, would still be fun is a straight-up knight. No special weapons or fancy armors. Just you and some basic gear.

For full-on weird builds, I like the dual Fists of God run (though I can say you'll run into problems with the Leechmonger so prepare an off-strategy ahead of time) or a pure archer. Never done or seen a pure archer in DeS before winking
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:56 pm

densetsushun wrote:
    Sentiel wrote:How about giving me your PSN and doing a co-op run with me? I have a new SL4 lady knight that would love some Emerging company. winking 
    lol! 

Senty, as far as I know E plays on the US servers, and unless you have a US copy of DeS you wouldn't be able to play it.
    What?!
    Damn you 'murica!
    You have halted yet another of my plans to achieve world domination!
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:50 pm

I've actually been considering making a dual Blind wielding Selen, perhaps that sounds like something.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:04 pm

Sounds like something I don't want to meet at best. silly
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:15 pm

densetsushun wrote:I've actually been considering making a dual Blind wielding Selen, perhaps that sounds like something.

that sounds interesting. i wouldnt know how to approach that one. my instict wouldr kick in, 'kill it, kill it with fire!' but that would be interesting.

sadly most things have been done. i've replayed a few times, just...play. no builds, just hit the archstones and focus on pvp. i've gone from purewhite to pure black a few times a day doing pvp, helping and being the old monk.

play till you find a new person, like NEW and then follow with them through the whole game. i've done that with a couple new friends now. played from almost start to finish with them.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:03 am

That sounds tedious...
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 am

Want tedious? Soul arrow only.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:01 am

Myztyrio wrote:Want tedious? Soul arrow only.
    Put a gum on R1 button and go shopping.
    Emergence
    Emergence
    Sovereign
    Sovereign

Post by Emergence Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:55 am

Some decent thoughts so far. Pure archer raised my interest a little. There's always Protect the Murgence too.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:04 am

Emergence wrote:There's always "Let others do all the work for me" too.
    Fixed it for you.

Frankly, I would gladly do it. Too bad I have a EU version only.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:08 am

In chat we started talking bout hyper mode. Low build hypers are awesome
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:22 pm

There's no easy way to say this, so I'll just say it:  mail breakers.  I am in no way good at this game, and I am killing people left and right with these things.  They weigh nothing, cost almost no stamina, and seem to have infinite stunlock.  They also get a bunch of fun upgrade paths, and critical bonuses.  Everyone also seems to mistake them for daggers or baby nails or something, so block + stab is often a surprise and good stunlock opener.  Roll stabs also have great range and are nearly instantaneous, so when folks finally realize what has happened and back off to grass you can just give 'em a roll love tap to the sternum and that's that. 

So, whatever you do, include mail breakers.  You can find one in 1-1, or start as a Knight.  I recently sprinted a sl1 over the drake bridge in 1-1 and killed the entire pack of 10+ pursuing troops with nothing but a mail breaker +0 and some miracle rolls (I couldn't get inside the doorway before they caught me).  It was basically like this:

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:24 pm

I almost did this idea for my new playthrough:

Chronicles of a born again n00b.  Essentially, there's no real rules to the playthrough but after each section you're required to work on a diary entry stating the highlights (and lowlights) of your session.  

for example my first night back in boletaria:

Last edited by skarekrow13 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:37 pm

Great narrative, I have been doing something similar.  I'd beaten DeS a few times a long time ago with pretty cheesy regen builds (and one that was purely offline, since I didn't have internet on my original Ps3).  Now playing through it again with some low level builds and really enjoying it.  Probably my favorite death so far was wiping out group of archers, assassins, and fat official in 1-3 like a water veiled boss, and then turning around and walking right into an immobile fire boulder for full damage just as my buff wore off.

Also, I have been invaded a lot, it is still quite active for PvP.  Several were scraping spear + adjudicator shield builds, 4+ years in and these guys are still hard at work.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:01 pm

Thanks. If there's interest I'll keep doing it (not in E's thread though) until I either beat the game or grow bored

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:02 pm