Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
ClassicBlaze
twigsterxd
Ephexis
MosquitoPower
buzzgud
9 posters

Too many weapons to switch?

buzzgud
    buzzgud

Too many weapons to switch? Empty Too many weapons to switch?

Post by buzzgud Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:34 am

Thing's I'm saying here is, as we obviously all know we have two slots for the left hand to switch weapons, and two slots on the right hand to switch weapons, been like this from the beginning of the series. Something I think I saw in the demo video is the player cycle not only through his shield on his left hand and his bow, but three weapons, I think it was like a great sword, a regular sword and another weapon, and axe? Can't quite remember, but it was that part where the golem, or the giant .... thing? busted out of the wall in that jail cell because he spooked him with his bow..

Now my question is...
    Does that give us access to six weapons you think, because he did cycle through five, or have five on his person, or so I think.
    If so, do you think it makes it easier? Why or why not?
    And, if they allow more weapons to be equipped at one time, should you take a harder hit to stamina after lets say four is equipped, or should it be the same hit you take in the last games.

Sorry, I'm new here, and if anyone has heard a thread similar before I apologize, I was just thinking about it the other day, and was wondering people's opinion on it!!
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Too many weapons to switch? Empty Re: Too many weapons to switch?

Post by buzzgud Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:35 am

By stamina, I also mean equip load, just making sure I put that in there.
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:42 am

One thing I hope it is not is the inventory system from resident evil 6.
    All slots linked in row....Prostration 

So my nightmare would be the 6 slots apply to both hands at once.

I would be super hyped if its 2 slots per hand that you accessed by pushing left or right like the old days....
    But you pressed something different to access the special 3rd slot for each hand.
    So it will be a great slot for situational items (bow, talisman, whip, etc.).

So when the pressures on and I wont accidentally pull out my bow in the middle of a sword fight.
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:47 am

Yeah that's what I was saying, like cycling through a six slot, or five slot, portion. I hope it's two separate, left right d-pad buttons, like in DeS and DaS, and I hope if they do go to six slots it is a different button. Although, that might cause confusion too? Maybe vets might just be used to scrolling the two buttons, and instead of going for that "special" inventory slot they go to scroll for a third time and pull out the wrong weapon..

Although, that IS all part of the learning process, I just like the four weapon combo, on different hands. I don't like the thought of being able to cycle more then two. In DaS being a Dex/Pyro build, I would have my main weapon/pyro glove, and bow and shield, or shield shield, shield lantern, etc. depending on the situation.

I feel adding another two slots, six, or even a fifth one would bring a taste to the game that would make it slightly easier. I mean cycling through three weapons makes it a bit more easier to toss weapons out there, especially if it's all on one button as you said....

I hope if they DO do something with 6 buttons, they make a strong hit towards your equip load and/or stamina, tougher to roll, slower swings etc. because then it would be interesting. Do you REALLY need that extra slot? Or do you want to sacrifice that and use your speed for fighting.

Those are the things though I look forward to. happy
    Ephexis
    Ephexis

Post by Ephexis Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:56 pm

im pretty sure it'll just be press left or right dpad to switch between left and right handed equips respectively like usual
    just gotta remember what you have in each hand and before you know it-it'll be second nature

and i believe that the armor your wearing along with the weapon(or maybe just whats in both hands at the same time) is what determines your movement and roll speed? i think anyway

so having multiple heavy weapons etc in your equip slots may not make you auto fat roll and such
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:32 pm

Oh ya I got that, just seems a bit outta place if you can slot three weapons to one hand, etc. purely a weird topic here. I just personally don't want to see a system messed with that's already good, ya dig?
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:49 pm

It would be nice having extra slots. I only use left for shields and right for everything else. With an extra slot I could put weapon, bow and cat on right without having to exchange bow and cat all the time. But it would also make you think about what weapon goes where.
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:17 pm

Yeah, I guess huh. Since a lot of people are casters too, adding a third slot could allow for a cat, pyro glove, etc. only purely speculation though. happy
    ClassicBlaze
    ClassicBlaze
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ClassicBlaze Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:40 pm

A third slot in each hand could be really useful, there were times in Dark Souls where I wanted a extra weapon in each hand to avoid the frustation of changing them everytime through my inventory, though I do see myself screwing up and switching to the wrong one in the middle of a fight.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:18 pm

ClassicBlaze wrote:A third slot in each hand could be really useful, there were times in Dark Souls where I wanted a extra weapon in each hand to avoid the frustation of changing them everytime through my inventory, though I do see myself screwing up and switching to the wrong one in the middle of a fight.

That's wut I was getting at. Making sure you equip them properly. Be a pain if your pvp weapon was in last slot and you get bs'd trying to get from 1st to last lol
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:04 am

Haha right, that would suck! I really do think they are adding at least a third slot. I saw the warrior class in the 12 min demo switch between three weapons, including a greatsword, so you guys may get your wish! Although personally, it makes it a bit more difficult to only jave two. silly
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:47 am

A third slot remember is only optional- you don't have to use it, and presumably as before in souls you'll have to balance equip weight for how fast you want to roll. I don't mind them giving us extra slots as it will genuinely increase utility in builds, but if I'm honest, I probably won't use it as equip weight would be too hard to keep as fast roll using all weapon slots
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:38 am

True but wut if they adjusted that part so you don't get nailed with the extra weight. For example, if you were put MLGS in main slot, cat in 2nd, claymore in 3rd, you only get nailed for two of them at a time. Like main + alternate
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:25 pm

That's what I was saying in the beginning. As in saying it makes it a bit easier if you don't get nailed with the equip load on the third slot. I would honestly like the opposite. Hit you harder for that third slot, maybe just a bit extra to make you really think about if you need it or not. That would be cool, either or would be good imho.

The more you guys talk about adding slots, the more I actually want more slots now, lol.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:36 am

im not upset with it. But I'm not on board. 3 Slots...gonna be a pain. Like others have said,I'll probably stick to just 2. Shoot i had a few characters that didn't even use 2! Considering the demo character was a maxed out (maybe not maxed, but  doubtfully a typical low level character....it was a demo to display the game in its prime) chances are if you want 3  Typical weapons you'll be a fat rolling mofo. 

And another aspect is that it screws the experience for anyone that plays dark 2 first. Imaginehaving 3 slots. then  playing dark1/demons. 

my opinion aside it seems like an odd thing to change when the first 2 souls games already worked fine. I fear its a forced attempt to be "innovative"
    TheWanderer101
    TheWanderer101
    Casual
    Casual

Post by TheWanderer101 Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:44 am

Yeah im not super crazy about the extra slot either but it's cool for the people who want to use it. I wonder if this isn't the only extra slot we'll be getting ?
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Mon Jul 08, 2013 9:50 am

It would be cool if it was integrated with one of the stats. Like if you do 40 end, you have 4 slots. 1 slot per 10 levels
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:08 am

I like that last one, per 10 end gets you an extra slot or something, but it is a bit tough. Someone jumping into the Souls Series will be spoiled.

Ya, that was definitely a maxed or nearly maxed demo char obviously, but; what happens if they give us more end to counter the slots! Makw it easier. :/ hummm

I'm honestly hoping they don't compensate and make you fat roll if you equip three weapons like that. Three slots is pretty cool, but.. Like said before I people coming into the Souls Series are gonna get spoiled by that.

Hope they don't try to force any sort of revolutionary invetory overhaul, the change from DeS to DaS was an awesome improvement, no need to fix ehat's broken.
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:23 pm

honestly...3 weapons should be minimum medium roll. 3 Weapons should completely rule out being able to fast roll.  Even if your naked, with only 3  Weapons. 

The idea of endurance affecting it is a nice idea though. I like that, in addition too NO fast roll with 3 Equipped
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:07 pm

I'm not sure about adding equip slots for extra levels. Considering its a central stat to any build and everyone with a high level build puts it up to at least 30 it's kinda a pointless exercise, all it will do it hurt lower level pvp and pve
    MosquitoPower
    MosquitoPower
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MosquitoPower Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:42 am

Serious_Much wrote:I'm not sure about adding equip slots for extra levels. Considering its a central stat to any build and everyone with a high level build puts it up to at least 30 it's kinda a pointless exercise, all it will do it hurt lower level pvp and pve

Just for the sake of discussion though, im not sure having (or not having) access to two weapons rather than three weapons will hurt low level PVP/PVE that much.
    My thought being that at low levels probably not have the stats to carry multi weapons without.... fat rolling action.
    Besides we all got along ok with 2 slots for each hand in the past. Are we already spoiled?

But if this were the system, it needs to be the strength stat that unlocks more slots for weapons (or even items?).  STR builds need some love too! Sun
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:55 am

STR though has never been the central stat for equip load, fat roll etc. So it would only make sense that you would see End being the central stat if it WAS used to unlock equip slots. I honestly hope it was just used for the demo and we stick to two slots. Seeing as how I don't want some crazy revolutionary change to the inventory.
    Ephexis
    Ephexis

Post by Ephexis Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:49 pm

buzzgud wrote:STR though has never been the central stat for equip load, fat roll etc. So it would only make sense that you would see End being the central stat if it WAS used to unlock equip slots. I honestly hope it was just used for the demo and we stick to two slots. Seeing as how I don't want some crazy revolutionary change to the inventory.

i wouldn't call adding one more slot to each hand something "crazy" or "revolutionary"..

it's not like you'll be forced to wield something in each hand btw you could just stick to 2 if you prefer
    Cronotis
    Cronotis
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cronotis Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:55 pm

I highly doubt I'll ever use the third slot.  Assuming all weapons contribute to equip weight.  Which they should.
    buzzgud
    buzzgud

Post by buzzgud Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:30 pm

Not what I meant by revolutionary change. I mean adding a third slot and completely overdoing the inventory. From DeS to DaS they did a good job to make it more readable by not making the invetory see through, now I want to see the same stuff as in DaS in DaS2. Ya know?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:21 am