Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Leet
Acarnatia
Myztyrio
7 posters

Cosplay? :3

Poll

Which cosplay should I aspire to?

[ 1 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap4%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 4 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap17%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [17%] 
    [ 1 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap4%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [4%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap22%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [22%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap9%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap0%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 3 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap13%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [13%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap9%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [9%] 
    [ 5 ]
    Cosplay? :3 I_vote_lcap22%Cosplay? :3 I_vote_rcap [22%] 

Total Votes: 23
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Cosplay? :3 Empty Cosplay? :3

Post by Myztyrio Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:02 pm

I may or may not make a new PSN just to have the name fit the build when being summoned or invading or getting invaded. :3

Keep in mind that I'll likely be keeping the build at a mid-level SL for co-op and invasion purposes.

Choices:

Lauternius - My favorite NPC, would likely just be a 99 res character who invades to sit in the poison swamp and troll, tossing fire at people. Uses Undead Rapport on cavetrolls and such.

Undead Warrior/Soldier - Has a bit of flexibility in weapon choice and armor setup. Can use whichever rings work well for the situation, and is a less commonly seen setup. Would fashion face and body to look like actual enemy undeads.

Anastacia - I have never seen or heard of someone cosplaying as this firekeeper. Her robes are given as a game item, so why not? Likely I'd end up doing a force-trolling thing for invasions with her. But PvE-wise, I am open to suggestions.

Oswald of Carim - I've been considering cosplaying as this guy for a while. His 'tude is commemorable, and he has an interesting playstyle. I'd probably need to use a shield with 80-95% phys. damage reduction for him to be at all viable in PvE though(to make use of Karmic Justice). He'd also need a good deal of either faith or intelligence in order to put a high majadjust catalyst or talisman in his right hand.

Black Knight - Wide weapon choice, but will definitely be with mid-roll, likely would use wolf ring along with the clunky armor. Would basically end up being a quality build though. May throw in some faith for support spells like force/heal.

Silver Knight - Has a buffable weapon, which is why I would certainly pair it with intelligence/faith, but more likely intelligence. In order to keep it <60, I'd probably just give him 15 int and great magic weapon for the SKSS, and then keep the SKS on swap for backup. Also has a greatbow! Anor Londo time!

Smough - Self explanatory. Pretty overdone cosplay, but it'd be interesting. I'd probably fatroll through the game and just invest very little into endurance. I'd put all points into Vit and Str, prioritizing one-shots of enemies, and tanking bosses(probably O&S) with my higher vit. Would likely just go for two-handing str requirement.

Shiva's Bodyguard - I have a build in process that would probably fit this pretty well. It'd be fun to linger around the forest and trick people. Could double as the forest thief, surprise NPC-mimicking backstabs are surprisingly successful.

Maneater Mildred - Essentially, a naked playthrough with a heavy-mid weapon. May go to 27 str and 2-hand or 16 and chaos. Probably the first option. Would likely cap around 40 for Queelag co-op.

Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Cosplay? :3 Empty Re: Cosplay? :3

Post by Acarnatia Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:19 pm

One of my best builds to date is a Black knight cosplay. Pyromancer base, 40 vit and end, 14 att, 39 str and 20 dex. This gives me three pyromancy slots, ups strength to just before it hits diminishing returns and lets me use greatbows. (while not cosplaying a bk, its very useful and adds a lot of versatility) use RoFaP with this and usually either a crest, dragon crest or bk shield to be at the maximum weight limit for med rolling. (depending on your weapon) On the other hand, the cleansing greatshield/greatshield of artorias actually work on this, though thy will definitely push you into fat rolling without havel's ring.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:24 am

Acarnatia wrote:One of my best builds to date is a Black knight cosplay. Pyromancer base, 40 vit and end, 14 att, 39 str and 20 dex. This gives me three pyromancy slots, ups strength to just before it hits diminishing returns and lets me use greatbows. (while not cosplaying a bk, its very useful and adds a lot of versatility) use RoFaP with this and usually either a crest, dragon crest or bk shield to be at the maximum weight limit for med rolling. (depending on your weapon) On the other hand, the cleansing greatshield/greatshield of artorias actually work on this, though thy will definitely push you into fat rolling without havel's ring.

Why the 39 str? Is this assuming you will be one-handing a good deal of the time?
    I'm not necessarily looking for PvP viability though... Keep in mind that I'd like to probably keep this relatively low-level.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Acarnatia Sun Jul 07, 2013 9:33 am

And for damage on the Black Knight weapons. I've found this build to work very well for both pve and pvp. IT's SL 100, which you mentioned the possibility of in your original post.
    Leet
    Leet
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Leet Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:29 pm

Man eater mildred cosplays are always fun to run into. I've even been beaten with them.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:25 pm

So far Oswald is sweeping the board. I've never seen an Oswald cosplay though. I've been considering it for quite some time. It'd be the hardest build to plan out the stats of though, so I'd like to have some opinions if I did.
    Zeta Prime
    Zeta Prime
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Zeta Prime Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:01 am

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=317097786376474836

My Oswald of carim build its legit cosplay so no cheating by getting poise or whatever...

Oswald does use vow of silence aswell... but ud need a 120 build for that.. big grin

playing it makes you a lot better because you stop relying on poise its quite fun really
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:25 am

Poliwrath wrote:http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=317097786376474836

My Oswald of carim build its legit cosplay so no cheating by getting poise or whatever...

Oswald does use vow of silence aswell... but ud need a 120 build for that.. big grin

playing it makes you a lot better because you stop relying on poise its quite fun really

Looks pretty sexy.

But yeah, I'm not usually very reliant on poise anyway.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:06 pm

Looks like Oswald is gonna wiiiin.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:45 pm

IMO go undead warrior (soldier too stronk with hollow soldier shield + spear).  27 str with the axe should hit really hard, and dump the rest into endurance for a respectably powerful build.  Something like this:

http://mmdks.com/32d3

Hollow Soldier:

http://mmdks.com/32d9

Obviously you'd only use PW when in your own world.

You could instead go the elemental path on these weapons, allowing for much more vitality, though I don't see any hollows toting elemental weapons ^_^.

Edit:  The warrior's stat distribution is pretty solid amusingly :p.  56 poise is a good amount, it has over 1k hp at lvl 55 and if you 2h the axe it's doing a *very* respectable amount of damage lol.  The shield sucks, but you have fast roll haha.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 am

The Hollow Warrior looks good, and I tend to mostly use shields for parries anyway. :3
    Thanks for the input~
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Shiva's Bodyguard sounds fun, the armor is horrible, but you get to use fire surge...Shrug 
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:26 am

Animaaal wrote:Shiva's Bodyguard sounds fun, the armor is horrible, but you get to use fire surge...Shrug 

It may have no poise and low defenses, but it looks freaking awesome. One of my favorite sets.
    GrinTwist
    GrinTwist
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Location : New Londo Ruins, Illinois: Living in Tart's torture chamber

Post by GrinTwist Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:34 am

Smough.

Why? There is just something a little weird about a fat almost naked golden man walking around beating down undead warriors with a hammer as big as a four year old.

Could just be me though. Shrug
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:13 am

Any other votes/suggestions/thoughts?
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:29 am

I've begun my "The Hollow" cosplay-through, and have also vouched to make a dex build which has a little attunement that I made some time ago to function as a Shiva's Bodyguard cosplay.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 2:18 pm