Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+25
Rynoa
ARSP
Tolvo
Serious_Much
BLA1NE
SlakeMoth
RANT
Yarxov
Imarreteet23
Robotech
eninala
reim0027
Zechk
callipygias
Uparkaam
exandroide
ChizFreak
Darkstar485
Carphil
Unforseen
Wade_Wilson
Griever
Reaperfan
WarriorOfSunlight
zRegulas9z
29 posters

is the easiest parry in the gameEasiest parry..?

callipygias
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

is the easiest parry in the gameEasiest parry..? - Page 2 Empty Re: is the easiest parry in the gameEasiest parry..?

Post by callipygias Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 pm

SlakeMoth wrote: I thought that parry was either blocking with your shield or using your shield as a weapon as the enemy strikes.
    If you use a greatshield L2/LT is an attack, but if you switch to a medium or small shield (or weapon or even bare hand) the same entry parries.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

is the easiest parry in the gameEasiest parry..? - Page 2 Empty Re: is the easiest parry in the gameEasiest parry..?

Post by SlakeMoth Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:15 pm

Thank you both, seems I've been doing it all along without realising it.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:10 pm

Surprisingly: the Berenike knights are easy to parry! I just always assumed they couldn't be parried, so never tried. But one day I decided to go for it against the Painted World Greatsword-Berenike Knight, and it was actually very easy. I didn't manage to riposte him though, I would always get regular hits.

Also, yeah, the New Londo Darkwraiths are pretty easy. When they see you they always go for the stab attack. Learn how to parry that one, and they're goners. And on the off chance they don't go for that attack on sight, get a bit of distance between you and them, then they'll do it.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:21 pm

What are Berenike knights?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:26 pm

spear hollows are a joke, gwyn is easy to parry too. Those are my two easiest by far that i found simple before i even learned to parry efficiently in PvE
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:31 pm

Farmers going for a chain BS. silly
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:08 pm

reim0027 wrote:What are Berenike knights?

These guys.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 pm

Dude, you can see his face! Looks wicked.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:05 am

I didn't even know you could parry them!
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:31 am

My vote goes to the undead spearmen or the undead Swords men. Their practically choreograph their attacks with a good 1/2 parry window. For fun I like to find some of those guys and use my bare hands and kill them just be parrying and riposting. The Silver and Black Knights are close seconds for me. Surprisingly I have a slightly harder time parrying naked hollows (I call them naked because they have no armor) and use broken swords
    Rynoa
    Rynoa
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rynoa Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:02 am

Undead swordsman, burt I never learned to parry the ones with spears. Actually I can't parry spears at all 😢
    djgq42
    djgq42
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by djgq42 Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:39 am

the axe wielding black knights
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:39 am

Rynoa wrote:Undead swordsman, burt I never learned to parry the ones with spears. Actually I can't parry spears at all 😢

The trick is wait until they raise their spears to the top of their strike then parry. Be sure to make them suffer
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:00 am

Mmmm Silver Knights ... Hands down.
    Quarik
    Quarik
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Quarik Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:29 am

I died SO many times learning to parry Silver Knights. For me... the undead soldiers that use crossbows as a primary, then switch to just a sword. Much like the regular undead sword soldiers, but without the extra attacks to confuse you. I'm also learning that Man-Serpents are walks of cake.
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

Post by FruitPunchNinja Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:04 pm

its funny someone mentioned the berinike knights. i was just trying this last night on top of sens. you can in fact parry them but you cant land a riposte. its weird.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:08 pm

ARSP wrote:My vote goes to the undead spearmen or the undead Swords men. Their practically choreograph their attacks with a good 1/2 parry window.

I feel so bad for losing 1 million souls when I missed a parry on a spear soldier in NG+ now..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 4:13 am