Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

The bed of chaos in one go

Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

The bed of chaos in one go Empty The bed of chaos in one go

Post by Rynn Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:57 am

This was on my stream yesterday. I wanted to demonstrate that the bed of chaos does have a pattern. The only really unfair thing about it is it's fire tempest, which is often 100% undodgeable when it's cast.

You can do this with a crest shield and 8 endurance, btw.

TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The bed of chaos in one go Empty Re: The bed of chaos in one go

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:31 am

Bed of Chaos is not fake difficulty because it lacks a pattern.  Bed of chaos is fake difficulty because it is trial and error gameplay.  You did not stop as the floors fell out, because you knew where the floors would fall out.  If you don't have that memorized, you have to watch the floors and not BoC, assuming you even know the floors would fall out at all, and it's not unreasonable that a player wouldn't know that.  IMO if the floors started caved in so it was all pits from the start, while the boss would technically be harder to experienced players (harder to reach 1st and maybe 2nd objectives), it would nevertheless have been a *much* more fair and preferable fight.  Memorizing "death zones" with invisible pits is not real difficulty, any more than invisible coin blocks in mario hacks.

Anybody who's familiar with the boss won't struggle with it much, even with no equipment (though any ranged option...even throwing knives...makes it a lot easier!).  I've done it "in one go" going right to left and jumping the hole, which again you have to bait out the attack first and then jump.  Very, very few people would do something like that on 1st playthrough.  These days I always do it in one go unless I screw up (pretty rare), although I always shoot the left side with something (light xbow is an easy option if your stats are otherwise too low for a proper short bow).

Putting it another way, I'm willing to bet every other boss (even 4kings) had a higher %players who managed to win the fight on their first attempt, if they didn't read/watch a guide on BoC first before attempting it.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:52 am

Nice! So close at 2:26

Too bad I missed that one
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:33 pm

Oh dear God.

I've become waaaay to accustomed to spending all my souls and soft humanity while I voluntarily just jump into the holes. I've made it on one go a couple times, but the "Bed" of Chaos always makes me...uh...."lie down".

"Good boy Animaaal, now SIT."
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:39 pm

Animaaal wrote:Oh dear God.

I've become waaaay to accustomed to spending all my souls and soft humanity while I voluntarily just jump into the holes.  I've made it on one go a couple times,  but the "Bed" of Chaos always makes me...uh...."lie down".

"Good boy Animaaal, now SIT."

If it's like that, just cheese it worse.  Go right first, take that side out (1st part is always easy).  Then quit the game big grin.  Go back into boss room, and run left along the wall (stay along the wall and you won't fall into any pits, ever, on that side).  Once you get near the opening just shoot in there with a bow, binoculars xbow, or promode throwing knives.  You don't have to quit out here; running back to the middle along the wall is still safe as long as you avoid the fire storms.

The last part is the same no matter what else you've done of course.

If you want to do it in "one go" the easy way:

1.  Go right and destroy it.
    2.  Run just outside the orange area and back in to bait an attack, let it attack, then run to the left side of the root in front of you
    3.  Wait for another attack, then run back to the middle.

Now just continue as above.  Once memorized this fight takes very little skill, aside from baiting the attacks to fall onto the middle root, which still isn't that hard.
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 pm

Thanks, but I was just saying I lost interest in doing the one go thing in 2011.

***edit***

I guess its just sentimental for me anymore...its like there's candy in the bottom of the hole.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 11:57 am