Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 posters

Str/faith build?

DaximoX
    DaximoX

Str/faith build? Empty Str/faith build?

Post by DaximoX Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:16 pm

http://mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/

What do you think?
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Str/faith build? Empty Re: Str/faith build?

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:43 pm

http://mmdks.com/39rw

- Fast roll
    - Over 1700 hp at SL 100
    - 61 poise lets you tank anything but great fireballs to the face and UGS-type attacks, but only very observant players will notice the giant gauntlets and that you have this much poise.
    - You have pretty good defense with this...close to 350 at max humanity
    - 2handing the reinforced club gets you maxed scaling damage
    - With SLB on it, a 427 AR weapon freaking HURTS.  Go for hit stun --> back stab.  You'll kill or nearly kill people easily.
    - Carry a chaos rapier to menu-swap with the club when you need to turtle with that + heater.
    - You get WoG and great heal to round out your build.  Feel free to replace great heal with another WoG or great magic barrier however.

SL 120 version:

http://mmdks.com/39s5

More HP, more spells.  You can also tank a hit from UGS w/o stagger, so if giantdad comes knocking thinking he can stunlock you with his zwei, stunlock him first by hitting him twice, then staggerstab happy.  IMO this is about as "tryhard" as str builds get hehe.  Don't forget your rapier though.  People doing 2h spear rolls and katana hit + rolls will otherwise be a real pain, although I suppose you could just try to WoG them it helps to have some turtling capability as a complement.
    DaximoX
    DaximoX

Post by DaximoX Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:55 pm

I see, do you have an idea for a awesome strength build? :p
    Animaaal
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Animaaal Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:10 pm

Your link is just the website DaximoX.
    TheMeInTeam
    TheMeInTeam
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by TheMeInTeam Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:18 pm

DaximoX wrote:I see, do you have an idea for a awesome strength build? :p

Just pure str?  IMO remove and attunement and dump them in either str (1 handing effectiveness) or equip burden.  The problem with pure str is that it lacks any fast attacks/pokes, so you'd have to lean harder on the elemental rapier in certain matchups or use special weapon abilities.

Although power within + dragon torso + big str weapon's special ability can cause some lulzy results.
    DaximoX
    DaximoX

Post by DaximoX Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:18 pm

Animaaal wrote:Your link is just the website DaximoX.

Damn, forgot to save it...
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:17 am

This is the 100 Str/Faith I use for having a dumb fun time with the large club.

http://mmdks.com/3a1d

I wear Crown to up WoG damage a bit, as I'm not really concerned with magic damage, due to having fast roll and GMB available. I've found that with Crown a WoG tickstab with the buffed L.Club will finish a good number of fights at this level, and having the potential to end a fight so abruptly is IMO the biggest draw to Str/fai builds in general, a buffed weapon, a decent stagger stab BOOM POW he's out 8-9-10 ding ding ding call it.

Like Mein I never leave home without a few back ups, one is a Composite bow the Other is the Demon Spear. And I am personally partial to buffing the Hand Axe from time to time and pretending I'm on a dex build (only unlike the falchion the hand axe can kick, what a blessing!)
    jimmyc0341
    jimmyc0341
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by jimmyc0341 Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:02 pm

Jansports wrote:This is the 100 Str/Faith I use for having a dumb fun time with the large club.

http://mmdks.com/3a1d

I wear Crown to up WoG damage a bit, as I'm not really concerned with magic damage, due to having fast roll and GMB available. I've found that with Crown a WoG tickstab with the buffed L.Club will finish a good number of fights at this level, and having the potential to end a fight so abruptly is IMO the biggest draw to Str/fai builds in general, a buffed weapon, a decent stagger stab BOOM POW he's out 8-9-10 ding ding ding call it.

Like Mein I never leave home without a few back ups, one is a Composite bow the Other is the Demon Spear. And I am personally partial to buffing the Hand Axe from time to time and pretending I'm on a dex build (only unlike the falchion the hand axe can kick, what a blessing!)

I like that one. I actually might try it out. I'm just now getting into creating good builds in general and I might try that one out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:44 am