Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+6
Tolvo
Slarg232
Serious_Much
densetsushun
RANT
arshan272
10 posters

I'm sick of depressing games, what's the Big M working on?

arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

I'm sick of depressing games, what's the Big M working on? Empty I'm sick of depressing games, what's the Big M working on?

Post by arshan272 Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:47 pm

Order I play them and I just keep discovering them. First demons souls, where the world has to end because no one wants to go on living, then nier, where a man/boy goes through hell, commits mass murder, dooms the human race to extinction, and erases himself from existence just to save his daughter/sister, then dark souls, where a world that is blessed with light and fire is ruled by tyrannical gods and is perpetually dying with nothing but the souls of heroes to keep it going.

These games are all awesome, but too many of them are having negative effects on the psyche, and DaS 2 will be no different. So I want to know what Miyazaki is working on, because he said he'd be working on a much happier and warmer title (although it'll probably still have his favourite designs in it).

Last edited by arshan272 on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

I'm sick of depressing games, what's the Big M working on? Empty Re: I'm sick of depressing games, what's the Big M working on?

Post by RANT Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:21 pm

He working on demon's souls 2: barbies island adventure, people have said that it is gonna be as depressing as his previous games.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

I'm sick of depressing games, what's the Big M working on? Empty Re: I'm sick of depressing games, what's the Big M working on?

Post by arshan272 Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Listen here you ignorant bastard, I'm dead serious
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:33 pm

Nobody knows what Miyazaki's working on except Miyazaki and his team and the execs at FromSoftware.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:34 pm

I can't help but wonder what kind of a game it will be? Has Miyazaki worked on warmer titles before? I can't help but seek speculation
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:35 pm

RANT wrote:He working on demon's souls 2, people have said that it is gonna be as depressing as his previous games.

Also, demons isn't ever getting a sequel because it's locked into one platform and From doesn't like that.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:40 pm

arshan272 wrote:
     Also, demons isn't ever getting a sequel because it's locked into one platform and From doesn't like that.
    Incorrect, Namco Bandai doesn't like it and Dark Souls has proven to be the more popular game between the two, which means Namco Bandai is giving a great deal of money to make sure FromSoftware is working hard on Dark Souls 2. I can't tell whether or not that includes a no competition clause in that contract, but even so, Namco probably won't want to publish a Demon's Souls 2. Still doesn't mean FromSoftware doesn't want to develop it, and a Sony executive(can't remember who, I think it was Kaz Hirai) has stated interest in a Demon's Souls 2.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Acknowledged. So, to put the thread back on track, can we speculate on what Miyazaki is working on, and in what way will it be less depressing?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:45 pm

arshan272 wrote:Listen here you ignorant bastard, I'm dead serious

Posts like this are completely unacceptable and in violation of rule 1 of the forum guidelines.

Please do not directly and strongly insult members of this forum. We have a close knit and friendly atmosphere here and we wish to keep it that way.

I suggest you do not make another post of this kind again.
    densetsushun
    densetsushun
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by densetsushun Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:46 pm

I honestly don't know what to expect, as the Souls series is my first contact with Miyazaki's work. I do believe that whatever he makes will hold the same artistic and design elements he's put into Souls, and while it might not necessarily be another punishing game, it would be something to behold. I think he's proven himself to be quite the storyteller with Souls, even if Souls didn't have the best storytelling mechanics.
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Wasn't the Rumor that he was working on the (Massively over rated) Attack On Titan game?
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:05 pm

Anyways on the topic- there's more developers out there than from and more creative directors than miyazaki. To be honest there's an awesome amount of light hearted, or at least not depressing games out there.

If its an RPG you'll be hard pressed to find one that doesn't at least make it bleak with the generic evil force trying to destroy/take over/turn dark etc the world around us silly
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Serious_Much wrote:

Posts like this are completely unacceptable and in violation of rule 1 of the forum guidelines.

Please do not directly and strongly insult members of this forum. We have a close knit and friendly atmosphere here and we wish to keep it that way.

And what am I supposed to do if provoked by another player? I will not sit idly, that's for sure.i will, however, acknowledge that the forum has a kind and friendly atmosphere and will try to avoid strong insults.
    arshan272
    arshan272
    Regular
    Regular

Post by arshan272 Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Serious_Much wrote:Anyways on the topic- there's more developers out there than from and more creative directors than miyazaki. To be honest there's an awesome amount of light hearted, or at least not depressing games out there.

If its an RPG you'll be hard pressed to find one that doesn't at least make it bleak with the generic evil force trying to destroy/take over/turn dark etc the world around us silly

I mean a warm game with Miyazaki brand game mechanics and story, that would betruly  unexpected
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:44 pm

arshan272 wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:

And what am I supposed to do if provoked by another player? I will not sit idly, that's for sure.i will, however, acknowledge that the forum has a kind and friendly atmosphere and will try to avoid strong insults.

I'd suggest you respond in like jest. It was a joke that you responded to with undue aggression, that was the issue.

On topic: what is "Miyazaki brand"? He has directed 2 games, both in the same series. Honestly we have no idea what he will do with his next game.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:49 pm

Get a Nintendo Console and a Kirby game, then play said Kirby game.  I quite love Kirby, it is hard to be sad when playing those games.  They're such pick me ups that are just lovely, kind, and so happy.  I hope that if I have children some day Kirby is still around so I can play it with them when they're young and just have such good times.

Kirby, the feel good game series.
    Hue
    Hue
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Hue Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:25 pm

I think depressing stories are generally better written and more realistic.
    They also leave a greater impact on the audience, you're probably more likely to remember the saddest, scariest game you played than the one with the most rainbows and candy
    __ _
    nsane32
    nsane32
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by nsane32 Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:31 pm

It really depends on whether or not he gets a good team to work with if he even plans on doing anything at all that is
    Slarg232
    Slarg232
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Slarg232 Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:27 pm

Tolvo wrote:Get a Nintendo Console and a Kirby game, then play said Kirby game.  I quite love Kirby, it is hard to be sad when playing those games.  They're such pick me ups that are just lovely, kind, and so happy.  I hope that if I have children some day Kirby is still around so I can play it with them when they're young and just have such good times.

Kirby, the feel good game series.

Isn't Kirby the series with 02?

Man that things freaky.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:38 am

I went out and bought Little Big Planet. I find it funny cause what I do is get my 3 yr old nephew to mess around pushing buttons. It's good for a laugh. Especially with the goofy outfits it has available.
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:21 pm

twigsterxd wrote:I went out and bought Little Big Planet. I find it funny cause what I do is get my 3 yr old nephew to mess around pushing buttons. It's good for a laugh. Especially with the goofy outfits it has available.

ha i get that too same age same family type but the community levels on lbp and lbp2 are disturbing most of it anyways
    cerealaire
    cerealaire
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by cerealaire Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:24 pm

to the topic (needed to double post) depressing actually feel more appealing than most games because you get what the characters react to and your emotions are more open towards it and it make the game better i dont know wh most games dont have a fitted story

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:50 pm