Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+16
Tatlreach
Hingle McCringleberry
CountAntonius
inksoldier
kettpower
The Letter X
Qyntius
Revoltage
Rarayn
AnCapaillMor
StiffNipples
GaryBlevins
SarahCassandra
Mental Gear
Uparkaam
Laharls_Wrath
20 posters

Weekly/Regular PC FC

Tatlreach

Weekly/Regular PC FC - Page 3 Empty Definitely Interested

Post by Tatlreach Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:19 pm

Darn, didn't hear about it until today.  I'm new to PvP but, I have a SL100 Strength character ready to go. I really enjoy weekly format and if it goes well, maybe even do one twice a week.

I would recommend someone streaming it (twitch.tv).  It would help get a lot of people interested.  Also 6 EST is 3pm west coast time so, so that removes a lot of people that work.  Don't know if those people would be willing to show up 2 hours late but, moving it a little later might be advantageous if it doesn't mess with the core group too much.

Last edited by Tatlreach on Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Weekly/Regular PC FC - Page 3 Empty Re: Weekly/Regular PC FC

Post by Laharls_Wrath Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:41 pm

Typically I stream it on twitch although due to the time I'm typically preoccupied a bit so I stream without a mic/commentary, it's mostly just so people have something to watch and chat about while waiting for a summon

as for the time
    I don't want to move it any later as it's already at 11pm (or later) for Europeans, I was thinking about potentially doing it an hour earlier as I've heard a couple people feel it's a bit late
    while 3pm is early for those on the west coast it is on a Saturday so I'm assuming most people wont have work
    regardless, time is something I can be a bit flexible with

also, with regards to being new to PvP, the primary goal of this is to have some fun and some good fights and just not be salty
    the only thing I'm not okay with, as far as rules go, is people being pricks
    everyone's always learning, I intend on trying to bring someone I know who's relatively new to PvP as well, gotta start somewhere

and while I'm not sure if I can set aside scheduled time twice a week, and I'm not sure if it'd work for people, I'm typically down for some impromptu duels (and I figure others may be as well) so could always just message me (or others) on steam
    inksoldier
    inksoldier
    Regular
    Regular

Post by inksoldier Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Finally got one build finished so I will be joining the FC this upcoming Saturday but I'm always down for quick duels anytime I'm on. Feel free to message me on steam if you see me online! I could use more practice big grin
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:22 am

just confirming unless something drastic happens I'll be on and hosting, same time, Arty Arena, whether or not a stream goes up will depend on my mood at the time and the number of people (aka how much time people are spending sitting around doing nothing)

also been told a couple of people would like this to be a bit earlier, so would like to talk that over with whoever shows up, and of course if you can't or don't plan on coming today just post your thoughts here or message me on steam
    The Letter X
    The Letter X
    Revived
    Revived

Post by The Letter X Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:40 pm

I still can't get my controller to connect to my receiver, so I won't be joining you guys until I get that worked out.
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:29 pm

had a good turnout today, thank you to everyone who showed up
    CaligoIllioneus
    CaligoIllioneus
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by CaligoIllioneus Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:56 pm

It was a very nice Fight Club, thanks Laharis, Rarayn, and the rest.
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:41 pm

once again had a nice turnout, and again I want to thank everyone who showed up
    Infighter
    Infighter
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Infighter Sun Oct 20, 2013 4:00 pm

To bump the thread, here is my little video about our Fight Club

PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:16 pm

Um... I'm just wondering about a couple things....
    How long does it usually last? I'd really like to try, but I almost always work late on Saturdays. If this goes on for several hours, I could jump in at the end.

I am horrible - HORRIBLE - at PvP, but I want to practice. I think getting beat-up by friendly folks would be much more pleasant and productive. Would you mind welcoming a n00b into your midst? If anything, I would be a good ego-boosting punching bag. big grin
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Wouldn't mind someone new to PvP at all, everyone has to start somewhere and imo organized fights are a better place to start than random invasions full of scumbags

as for how long it lasts, depends
    I would say on average between 2 and 4 hours, and we tend to switch to arena 2v2s once it drops to 4 people

anyway, easiest way to tell if it's still going on would be to check the steam group's chat, if people are in it something is probably happening
    and lastly, if you ever just want to duel, feel free to add me
    been playing some other stuff (i.e. pokemon) lately so I'm rusty as hell
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:04 am

Thank you Laharl.  That is very encouraging to hear!  I will add you. From the sounds of it, there may be only a very small chance for me to join the main event.  But I will see when I get home.  I am up for some duels - and do not fear being rusty, I will probably not know the difference. silly

Hm.  I have had my fill of scumbags. I have only truly "dueled" twice with some random invaders.  I won one of them. (Yay?)  My only real goal is to become confident enough to hold my own in DkSII.... at least until the Blue shows up. Heh.
    inksoldier
    inksoldier
    Regular
    Regular

Post by inksoldier Sat Oct 26, 2013 5:52 am

Feel free to add me, I can be your sparring partner and help you out with basic pvp stuff
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:12 pm

Welcome to the party PyroElleh. Some months ago I was at the same point as you, first you die a lot, but that gave me even more motivation to get better in PvP.
    Finally got my new Estoc build ready. It's supposed to go to Level 125 but I want to try out it's potential in the FC.
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:38 am

cheers to everyone who showed up tonight
    enjoyed hosting in a spooky locale (i.e. new londo) to mix things up, and we had a good turnout and saw a lot of great fights
    Qyntius
    Qyntius
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Qyntius Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:39 am

I had fun the short amount of time I was there, loved the Kirk Cosplay(s)!
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:25 am

Well, okay.  So I didn't really get into the mix.  But I will be better prepared next time.  ("I have to be human to lay my sign?? Wut?? Ghosts??? WUT??")  At least I know how it works, now.

Oh, and thank you for the welcome Mental, inksoldier! If anyone wants to kick me around a bit just message me on steam/GFWL. (steam: Elleh , GFWL: ellehbella)

Thanks again for the great fights afterwards, Laharl.  I learned much even in that short amount of time.  

Now I am hungry for moar! Duel
    Qyntius
    Qyntius
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Qyntius Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:44 am

PyroElleh wrote:Well, okay.  So I didn't really get into the mix.  But I will be better prepared next time.  ("I have to be human to lay my sign?? Wut?? Ghosts??? WUT??")  At least I know how it works, now.

Oh, and thank you for the welcome Mental, inksoldier! If anyone wants to kick me around a bit just message me on steam/GFWL. (steam: Elleh , GFWL: ellehbella)

Thanks again for the great fights afterwards, Laharl.  I learned much even in that short amount of time.  

Now I am hungry for moar! Duel
    If you like we can fight club again tomorrow around the same time? I think there should be enough animo
    PyroElleh
    PyroElleh
    Casual
    Casual

Post by PyroElleh Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:55 am

That'd be really great, Qyntius! I know I will be at the movies with a friend for a bit, but we probably won't be out late and I otherwise don't have plans. If something comes together please let me know! B)
    Qyntius
    Qyntius
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Qyntius Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:31 am

I will just add you to my call-to-action-list lol
    Rarayn
    Rarayn
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Rarayn Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:15 am

Can we discuss starting the fight club earlier in the day? The time we decided on originally worked for me at first, but it has become a bit tiresome (and tiring) to do PVP that late at night. (The FC usually starts at midnight and often ends between four and five in the morning in my timezone)

For me, starting it a couple of hours earlier would be much better.
    Qyntius
    Qyntius
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Qyntius Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:47 pm

Rarayn wrote:Can we discuss starting the fight club earlier in the day? The time we decided on originally worked for me at first, but it has become a bit tiresome (and tiring) to do PVP that late at night. (The FC usually starts at midnight and often ends between four and five in the morning in my timezone)

Depending on what I did friday night, I like the fight club earlier on saturday though because I am not always able to keep saturday night open, but saturday afternoon is no problem.

We can always just have 2 fight clubs 1 for early bird US and normal EU, 1 for owl EU and normal US, and ofcourse the true hardcore could just fight in both
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:02 pm

Rarayn wrote:Can we discuss starting the fight club earlier in the day? The time we decided on originally worked for me at first, but it has become a bit tiresome (and tiring) to do PVP that late at night. (The FC usually starts at midnight and often ends between four and five in the morning in my timezone)

I'll hit you up on steam when I get home from work, if I miss you today then tomorrow, we'll talk it over

if anyone can't make it earlier, I'd love to know (as well as how much earlier would be too early) and if others would prefer to have it earlier as well, also good to know
    and feel free to message me on steam I'm more inclined to respond more quickly that way
    Mental Gear
    Mental Gear
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Mental Gear Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:58 pm

I'm in the same timezone as Rarayn, so I wouldn't mind if it's a little earlier. Maybe one or two hours.
    Xero
    Xero
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Xero Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:22 am

Most of Europe is in the same time zone and i think two or three hours earlier would work well for all of us.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:57 am