Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+21
Lord of Ash
Wilkinson3424
KrazykevS10
Acarnatia
hey its andres
TheMeInTeam
kazumoshi
Myztyrio
Soul of Stray Demon
robsthedon
Latitoast
Leet
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
MikailArksot
WaffleGuy
Serious_Much
Sentiel
SageOfToads123
StiffNipples
SirArchmage
Cabjoy
25 posters

What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid?

Poll

What is your favourite kind of build?

[ 22 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [31%] 
    [ 10 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap14%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [14%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap1%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [1%] 
    [ 2 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap3%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [3%] 
    [ 6 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap8%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [8%] 
    [ 5 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap7%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [7%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 5 ]
    [ 4 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap6%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [6%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 I_vote_rcap [0%] 
    [ 4 ]
    [ 4 ]

Total Votes: 72
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid?

Post by Cabjoy Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:23 pm

TooLeet wrote:Make it a mid-rolling Havel's GS wielding, tank of a build. thumbs up 
    The buff on Havel's GS is very useful, and you rarely see anyone use it.
    Yeah man, that's what I was thinking. I've never used it before and wouldn't mind giving it a try.
    Acarnatia
    Acarnatia
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid? - Page 2 Empty Re: What's your preference: Pure Melee, Pure Casting, or a hybrid?

Post by Acarnatia Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:24 am

I have yet to make a build that wasn't a hybrid of some sort. I haven't made a dedicated (40+ dex) pyromancer hybrid yet; I'm hoping to do that soon.
    Myztyrio
    Myztyrio
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Myztyrio Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:38 am

TooLeet wrote:
    Myztyrio wrote:Of course we have lots of badasses on the wiki forums.
    Are you saying ones choice of build makes them a badass?

So a preference/opinion makes someone a badass?

Logic everywhere in that statement.
    Yes. One's actions and choices in Dark Souls says everything about them as a person.
    KrazykevS10
    KrazykevS10
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by KrazykevS10 Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:57 am

I like weapons other people don't use,like the zweihander,claymore,great scythe. tongue

The first half of the statement was true but I do find it hard to use the 'non-optimal' stuff all the tryhard scrubs scoff at. A dagger is not an easy weapon to kill with unless you go #MLGPRO and BS fish with the hornet ring on. I do wish people would use those kind of weapons more,I'd gladly have a whipping match.

To make this comment more relevant,I picked quality but I would use any type of stats as long as they let me use a weapon rarely seen in PVP.
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:02 am

SageOfToads123 wrote:Quality is boring, bland and elitist. Caster builds of any kinda are a lot more interesting.
    wat
    Wilkinson3424
    Wilkinson3424
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Wilkinson3424 Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:20 am

Stalker Builds.

The whole idea is the creep out any host, making him paranoid and do stupid things.

STORY TIME:

It was a dark night in the forest... it was quiet... too quiet...

A family of giants were protecting each other from various invaders of their camp site.

The youngest of the family, the child (Sunbro Phantom), was the first the notice something was very wrong... He heard something, almost like someone used a green blossom. He pulled out a massive bow, and shot in the darkness blindly. The Child seemed to act up, so the family all decided to make sure nothing was out there. Suddenly the father (Host) became distracted... almost as if he was messaged by something beyond the world of lordran. Out of nowhere the child had disappeared! He was vanquished! The Father and the mother mourned for about 24 seconds, then began a ritual to bring another giant to them. All of the sudden a massive arrow appeared out of nowhere and the mother had been fired off a cliff! The Father became extremely nervous, he received a note (Voice Message), saying "YOU'RE NEXT".

Suddenly another invader entered the father's world! He quickly started a ritual to summon another giant! It worked and the father regained a small amount of security, until a figure appeared, and shot toxic at them blinding them, and then his phantom was killed in the confusion! The figure ran away before the father could get a closer look at him... Then the other invader approached... The father used his mighty Zweihander to kill the invader, but he had been weakened severely and had no healing potions left... He was frightened.

He started frantically summoning any help he could get, then he turned around and saw him... The stalker revealed himself, but was pointing an arrow at the Father's head...

The end?

After this particular invasion, (Not as cool as I made it sound, but the host was getting pretty freaked out.) I received a message thinking it was going to be hate... This is his exact words.

"Me an my freind were jus tryng to gt passed the lvl but he was scared bcuz u were invading and he doesint like invders now he brok his game bcuz of u so now u hav 2 get a copee for him orelse he wil cal the kops an u will befs scrood lol u r ded"

To which I replied via voice

(Very quiet) "sorry, here tell you what, next time you come in the forest...." (Really loud scream voice) "YOU WILL BE FIRST."

Lord of Ash
    Lord of Ash
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Lord of Ash Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:42 am

hybrid long time no see this guy was my first customer on the forums
    Cabjoy
    Cabjoy
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Cabjoy Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:49 am

Haha seriously? Long time no see indeed my friend. Might need some more help in the future if I start trying to flesh out a ton of weapons on a Quality build. I should be fine but we'll see.
    Pilgrim34
    Pilgrim34
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Pilgrim34 Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:39 am

I love quality builds the most and I enjoy the challenge of using melee only in places such as the forest, very satisfying if you manage to pull off a win with them.
    VaDoom
    VaDoom
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by VaDoom Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:46 am

Quality.
    Tried it, sticked with it.
    Jansports
    Jansports
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Jansports Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:46 am

There aren't so many weapons I can't use as elementals or Enchanted/Occult with something like 16/14 investment allowing so much room for spells. Spells Spells Spells. Even though it does less damage than a 40/40 My 16/14 Magic Claymore has the same wonderful moveset. If you don't have 30 faith you can't cast VoS...it just wont happen.

That's really why I prefer pure caster builds, because even though they're weaker weapons are still an option should you be in dire need. If you don't have the Int you aren't squeezing even a weak and pitiful CSS out of that Sword you're holding.
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Soris Ice Goldwing
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by Soris Ice Goldwing Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:45 pm

Quality with a mix of str/dex and pyromancy. Oh the possibilities and I just learned mine can wield spears too!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 1:01 pm