Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+4
WaffleGuy
Uparkaam
Spearmarshal
MikailArksot
8 posters

Something Weird

MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Something Weird Empty Something Weird

Post by MikailArksot Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:57 am

I wasn't sure where to put this. Anyways, the two weirdest things happened to me yesterday while making a Black Knight Halberd build.

The first was getting the Halberd, which was all luck dependent. I got into Darkroot Basin, found the Black Knight, then started to backstab him. For some reason, I think his animations got really... stiff. Like, he could still move and attack, but it looked like he was walking slower and his swings were slower. When I did backstab him, he didn't respond much, other than hitting the ground at a weirder angle than usual. I was pretty scared, honestly. Fortunately, I killed him and got the Halberd in the process, so I didn't need to restart my file.

The second was during the Iron Golem fight in Sen's Fortress. I had Tarkus and another phantom assisting me. We had staggered it, then it fell... and fell through the floor, along with the human phantom. You know how normally you can make the golem off of the roof if you angle it? It wasn't near the edge at all, and yet it fell straight through the floor and it counted as the falling off kill, so I beat it, regardless. Seeing that made me say, "What." over and over for a good 10 seconds.

It was an interesting experience, to say the least.
    Spearmarshal
    Spearmarshal

Something Weird Empty Re: Something Weird

Post by Spearmarshal Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:11 am

Huh. I had that black knight do the same thing when I fought him. The very same one. I backstabbed him and when he got up, it looked as though his torso stopped animating with the rest of his body.
    MikailArksot
    MikailArksot
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by MikailArksot Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:13 am

Spearmarshal wrote:Huh. I had that black knight do the same thing when I fought him. The very same one. I backstabbed him and when he got up, it looked as though his torso stopped animating with the rest of his body.
    Yes, that's exactly what happened to mine.
    Uparkaam
    Uparkaam
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Uparkaam Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:36 am

I've had that black knight glitch happen to me too. He glitched out when I was repeatedly dropping on top of him doing a whopping 3 damage and staggering him each time. I think that somehow broke his behaviour.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:07 am

The only enemy glitching out in a game where I'm not summoned in is Black Knights. I don't know what it is about them.
    I was in the Burg and started going toe to toe with the BK. I had to back up, and after fighting I ended him with a backstab. Now, he stood in front of the small stairs, but looking at the wall at his right side. So he stood there. I couldn't lock on, so I figured it's like the times the enemy gets up, but is in fact killed. 
    Strange thing is, when I got closer he started swinging his sword. Every second. I couldn't kick, attack, nothing. When I tried rolling through, I got hit every time. I eventually died after my 10th attempt to roll through his attacks. It was weird silly
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:13 pm

I hereby accuse the Black Knights of lagswitching
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:28 pm

ResIsBestStat wrote:I hereby accuse the Black Knights of lagswitching
     They're using modded armor too, because they seem a head taller than us. Sneaky bastards.
    ResIsBestStat
    ResIsBestStat
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by ResIsBestStat Wed Aug 14, 2013 1:42 pm

WaffleGuy wrote:
    ResIsBestStat wrote:I hereby accuse the Black Knights of lagswitching
     They're using modded armor too, because they seem a head taller than us. Sneaky bastards.
    Honorable knights of Gwyn my armored buttocks.
    Maybe it's because of Darkroot, the Black Knight in Darkroot Garden was contaminated by its gankers and cheaters.
    PhlyingDutchman
    PhlyingDutchman
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by PhlyingDutchman Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:14 pm

I once had the garden black knight get a case of the broken wrist as well. I felt bad for him. I wonder if it pertains to their original, unimplemented, unique status as wandering foes. Also, I've heard they don't reset when you rest at bonfires, and have definitely seen a GIF of a guy getting stabbed from the resting position by a black knight.
    WaffleGuy
    WaffleGuy
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by WaffleGuy Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:01 am

I've seen Black Knights get trapped in the Burg in that small tower (where a crossbow-soldier is). I have no idea how it gets there. Sometimes I get summoned into the world and there they are. A crotch that's moving towards me, yet can't fit through that little door. And then it suddenly spawns behind me and attacks sad
    Marino.
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Marino. Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:27 am

Make a Creepy Pasta out of this !
    Hawkins172
    Hawkins172
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Hawkins172 Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:34 am

haha somehow i find this thread hilarious. anyway it is weird. and i didn't knew the dark knights could glitch since it hasn't happened to me(yet) also could i get some sauce with that pasta?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 8:34 pm