Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Settlers of Catan

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Settlers of Catan Empty Settlers of Catan

Post by aceluby Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:58 am

Anyone here play?  My gf and I bought this game a month or so back and absolutely LOVE it.  Played it w/ some friends the other weekend and they are now convinced to go buy it.  We even play just the two of us w/ some minor rule changes and use a smaller board.

So who else plays?
    JohnnyHarpoon
    JohnnyHarpoon
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Settlers of Catan Empty Re: Settlers of Catan

Post by JohnnyHarpoon Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:39 am

Settlers is the s***. Really great game, I burnt myself out on it last summer playing every day...

Now I go for weirder games, Seven Wonders has been a lot of fun recently. The rules are very complicated but once you get rolling it's actually quite intuitive and smooth, especially coming into it from a Settlers perspective. 

The Resistance is another enjoyable one, but that one you need a good pokerface or you're SOL.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:19 am

I just played the seafarers expansion for the first time and it was SUPER fun!  A lot different experience than the normal game.

The only problem we have is coming up w/ a good two player variant.  For ours we take out one of each of the types of resources to make the board smaller, but it seems that this gives a little too much power to the robber.  We've also tried giving the placing of the robber to the person who has the least amount of victory points, but then it seems to punish the person who gets the longest road or largest army.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 8:59 pm