Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Back Lot Basher
Sentiel
twigsterxd
7 posters

Mercury weapons BLECHHHHHH

twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Mercury weapons BLECHHHHHH Empty Mercury weapons BLECHHHHHH

Post by twigsterxd Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:30 pm

Was trying out a new build because I'm getting tired of mages and blessed. Wasn't too keen on MC or DBS builds so I talked to Skare and found out that mercury weapons are dex based. I want to make a dex build, but wanted to try something different and not liking mercury either.
    Here's wut I don't get, I have an sl 56 so far with 40 dex, 18str, 24 mag and 12 faith. My faith will be going up for sc and possibly add a 3rd slot because I like evac instead of carrying arch shards. Anyways, I haven't fully upgraded any weapons yet because I don't have the pures. What I don't get is, my cres. falchion +4 has 268 atk and my mercury falchion only has 175. Should I just go with a quality, buff and pray I can get a pure clear before having to rescue Ostrava in 1-3?
    While typing this I did make a quality kilij +4 buffed with sws and it gave me 331 atk but, I was hoping to have a good weapon that I didn't need to buff that's NOT heavy or swings too wide.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Mercury weapons BLECHHHHHH Empty Re: Mercury weapons BLECHHHHHH

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:43 pm

First off. In Demon's Souls, stats stop scaling at 50, not 40 like in Dark Souls, so feel free to raise that Dex.

Second, unlike Sharpstone and Bladestone upgrade paths, Mercurystone path adds very little extra damage to the weapon, but adds Poison instead. If you use it to make a Mercury Uchigatana, you get a weapon with low damage, but that inflicts Bleeding and Poison at the same time. To be frank, using Baby's Nail will serve you better. Daggers stagger in DeS, so you can just spam R1 and be safe most of the time. This particular dagger inflicts Plague, which deals the most HP damage per tick and also slows down Stamina regen.
    The damage will be very low, but the weapon's purpose isn't damage, but Aux and it excels in that regard. Keep a Bladestone upgraded weapon for damage and Baby's Nail / Mercurystone weapon for Aux. If you use Sharp Uchi, you still can get two Aux and decent damage if you combine it with Baby's Nail.

EDIT:
    The same as Mercurystone applies to Suckerstone as well, which adds, or strenghtens Bleed Aux.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:26 pm

lol...I'm picturing someone new to the game getting inflicted with plague and bleed all at once.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:41 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:lol...I'm picturing someone new to the game getting inflicted with plague and bleed all at once.
    And that dreaded hatemail calling me a hacker lolol
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:49 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:lol...I'm picturing someone new to the game getting inflicted with plague and bleed all at once.
    I might've gone too far with that one. big grin
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:47 pm

I like Mercury weapons best when they also inflict bleed. It's been a long time so the only one I can remember specifically are the Claws, though I'm pretty sure the Spiral Rapier can also achieve this "dual status" effect.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:19 pm

Never tried claws. Gonna try a new quality build. See how that works. Can anyone mugen me some good stats? Doesn't matter if mugen is for dark. Just ignore the weapon and magic area big grin
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 am

plague and bleed is hard to inflict fast at the same time...tried it

dagger and uchi is bad Dual wield
    Dual Mercury uchi works perfect to panic new player. bleed and poison is enough
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 am

I can't dual wield. I can never get my left working properly.
    Still workin on my quality build. Just got my kilij so let's see how this one works.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:30 am

dual wield is easy, l1 r1 Spam, that's it. Start with l1, unexpected and faster. if you fear a parry do it unlocked.
    Stunlock until you have enough stamina left to roll out.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:01 am

Walter_White wrote:dual wield is easy, l1 r1 Spam, that's it. Start with l1, unexpected and faster. if you fear a parry do it unlocked.
    I've tried it before. I used to have a good friend teaching me stuff for PvP. My problem is my arthritis is worse in my left than my right hand.
    But, If I was to parry, it would be a good thing.
    Decided last night to start a fresh new toon WITHOUT duping souls to speed boost. I forgot how hard it was to get to sl 30 lol.
    If anyone's bored I'll be in world 3 at sl30 NA in about 30 min from time of this post.
    Come invade me and let me try my new quality build on ya big grin
    passivefamiliar
    passivefamiliar
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by passivefamiliar Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:33 pm

Walter_White wrote:dual wield is easy, l1 r1 Spam, that's it. Start with l1, unexpected and faster. if you fear a parry do it unlocked.

i do not intend any disrespect, or anger towards you. dont take it personal. but i despise this type of fighting, i wont rage...its a game. play as you see fit, i understand and respect that. but it just has a 'who can mash attack buttons faster' feel that i hate. i enjoy a good fight, not a stunlock battle. it ruins the experience for new players to, first time getting invaded and they get stunlocked into oblivion...can really turn people off. losing is one thing, but not being able to seemingly move at all...meh.

the mercury is deadly stuff though. in fair fights/duels specifically. but even a no holds anything goes fight, poison can throw alot of people off. it triggers a kill or be killed response even moreso than an invasion itself. add bleed to poison, and try and toss plague in there and some people loose focus and make clumsy mistakes trying to heal it when they shouldnt or get hasty trying to kill you before they die.

i felt bad doing the mercury scimitar to new players, but i never upgraded it more than a couple times. i'd lose alot of fights to experienced twinks, but i played alot just to invade new players, but as a character they had a chance to beat,
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:29 pm

If i can make a suggestion, if you are going to go to high NG+ keep a mercury weapon that is very light and a bleed weapon that is also light, I use this for high health enemies I will fight over time so that the poison and bleed over time adds up with the damage I'm doing since they have so much health.  Just a little thing I do.
    twigsterxd
    twigsterxd
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by twigsterxd Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:51 am

@passive - I've tried to dual wield and can't get it. I also feel the same way you do, it's just a push and shove battle. Hated being pitted against dual uchi's in a tournament. You can beat them but it's damn hard lol.

@Tolvo - I might do what you said about keeping one for ng+. Actually never thought of that and never really tried those weapons. My main weapons I always use is crescent falchion, then once I get halberd or mirdan they go either blessed or moon. Be nice to try something different for a change.
    Walter_White
    Walter_White
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Walter_White Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:02 pm

don't want to derail the thread, but stunlock is essential in Demons Souls, you can stunlock with daggers very fast
    AND toggle escape works, or raise your shield, or switch to a hyper armor weapon and knock him around, so easy to escape a stunlock, sometimes even rolling out works, if the opponent isn't fast enough.

with the first stamina of my dual wield mercury uchi i inflict poison and bleed in the first place, the AR from the uchi is nothing to talk about, the poison and the bleeding make them panic and then i pull out the hyper armor, knocking around weapon to punish the lotus consumption.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:04 pm