Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Question about the Sanctus (Resolved)

XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question about the Sanctus (Resolved) Empty Question about the Sanctus (Resolved)

Post by XachAttack Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey guys, I read a page in the wikispaces about the usage of the Sanctus that caught my interest.

It said that the faith requirement is only for using it as a weapon in the right hand, rather than to block effectively with it in the left hand. Is this true? My PS3 died recently, so I can't check myself.

Here's the link if you wanna check: http://darksouls.wikispaces.com/sanctus

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by XachAttack on Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Question about the Sanctus (Resolved) Empty Re: Question about the Sanctus (Resolved)

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Yeah, it's true. The faith requirement is quite stupid on that shield, because the healing isn't based off it, but if you don't meet it, if you block, you have the bad effects.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Question about the Sanctus (Resolved) Empty Re: Question about the Sanctus (Resolved)

Post by XachAttack Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:20 pm

Meaning that if I was to block with it without having the required faith, I wouldn't be able to block effectively with it?
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Soul of Stray Demon
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Soul of Stray Demon Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Yeah, you get this weird thing where you stagger automatically, but it can still block the damage though.
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by XachAttack Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:41 pm

Well damn, that's disappointing. Thanks for the help.
    Sneezer
    Sneezer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Sneezer Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:27 am

Using the Sanctus in the left hand as a normal shield is not affected by the faith "requirement" at all. The faith requirement is only used when the shield is used in the right hand or two handed as a weapon.

Any build can use the Sanctus perfectly effectively.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:06 am