Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Green__Eagle
EeAyEss
DigitaLinsanitY
Back Lot Basher
Sentiel
Serious_Much
AnCapaillMor
hey its andres
ScottyDoesKnow
XachAttack
bankaiwarrior
15 posters

it feels unfair

bankaiwarrior

it feels unfair Empty it feels unfair

Post by bankaiwarrior Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:42 am

i keep getting invaded and the few guys i hit doesn't show any life loss and then they precede to 1 shot me with my shield up im only level 20 and it feels like im fighting at least people 4x my level. is there a way strong people can skip around and invade the weak
    XachAttack
    XachAttack
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

it feels unfair Empty Re: it feels unfair

Post by XachAttack Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:53 am

Yeah, you're able to get pretty powerful stuff early on if you can manage to run past a lot of crap. I suggest you just not go human while going through the game, going human is how you get invaded.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:00 am

A lot of people go through the game but don't level up so they can invade low levels. Unfortunately about 90% of the people invading at low levels do it. It sucks, but not much you can do about it other than disconnecting or running to the boss fog.
    hey its andres
    hey its andres
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by hey its andres Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:08 am

If they take no damage, and you rule out lag, then they might be hacking, might. If you don't like getting invaded don't be human or play offline. It's just that simple there's not much else to it.
    bankaiwarrior

Post by bankaiwarrior Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:21 am

i didn't know being human was allowing me to be invaded
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:01 am

Being human has it's advantages\disadvantages, you can be invaded but you can also summon. You're going to get a lot of griefers early on.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:58 am

Basically being human activates the online mode of the game. When you're human, you can both summon and get invaded by players in levels which you have not killed the boss.

As others have said, low levels stick to hollow. You'll just get griefed. Once you're in sen's fortress or anor londo it's safe to start summoning help again though
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:07 am

Serious wtf?
    For god's sake don't listen to that.

Sen's Fortress and Anor Londo are low level PvP hotspots. You will get invaded there even several times before you can reach the boss.

With exception of Blighttown, it's safest to remain hollow until you beat Anor Londo. After you do that, you already have a possible and easy acess to decent PvP options, even as a new player, which will enable you to defend yourself. Until then you would have to rely on your phantoms, which is not a reliable option, because there may not be any available phantoms at the moment, or summoning will fail.

If this is your first time playing the game, I strongly recommend playing it whole in hollow form. You can use WSS and get yourself summoned to get some PvE and perhaps PvP experience and Souls. But It would be wise to avoid being in human form.

Until you get PvP viable stats and gear, which is hard to come by when you don't know where to look and go, you'd do best to avoid PvP completely. Most people and by that I mean almost everyone, will have the best possible stats, gear and knowledge of the game's mechanics so you'll stand no chance against them.

First enjoy the game for it's amazing PvE and when you're done and want to enter the PvP world, post in this great forums and someone will gladly guide you through the basics and perhaps even some advanced stuff.
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:51 am

Sentiel wrote:If this is your first time playing the game, I strongly recommend playing it whole in hollow form. You can use WSS and get yourself summoned to get some PvE and perhaps PvP experience and Souls. But It would be wise to avoid being in human form.
    No.  I think it's fine to clear an area in hollow form, sure.  But there's no real reason to advise someone NOT to go human for a boss.  Most mid-way bonfires are only a minute or so from the boss door, and you can summon there.  Worst case scenario, you get invaded on your way to the boos and lose a humanity. 

To the OP, what nobody has explained is that after an invasion, you have a window of about 10 minutes where the game won't let you get invaded again.  People who like getting invaded use the "Dried Finger" you find in the Painted World in order to reset that 10 minute timer.  But for everyone else, you're fine in human form for that time.

So if you die to an invader, just use a humanity and go human.  You have plenty of time to find a summon sign or an NPC like Tarkus or Solaire.  If you have no humanity, just drop your soul sign and help someone beat a boss, for which you'll get a humanity.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:02 pm

The timer was long removed.
    It doesn't matter if the invader, or the host dies, but the host can get invaded immediately after it is technically possible, even without the use of Dried Finger.
    Just take a high SL toon to a PvP hotspot and you'll see yourself getting invaded all of the time.
    The time between invasions is only a matter of your SL, area and pure coincidence.

That said, I've read that being in Way of White reduces chances of getting invaded, by putting you at the end of the queue of pissble hosts for the invader looking to invade someone.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:08 pm

Sentiel wrote:Serious wtf?
    For god's sake don't listen to that.
    I'm confused.... confused In sen's the invasion frequency drops dramatically, while in anor londo there's so many signs it doesn't matter if you get invaded since you'll easily have a trio. Don't get what's wrong with my advice.

FYI I've been invaded once in sen's fortress in my last 5 trips through there in human form
    DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:19 pm

For what it's worth... you can get a +4 chaos weapon and fully upgraded pyro flame after killing quelogg.

Either one, by itself, is enough to hold your own vs low level invaders.

You kinda have to know what you're doing and the pyro flame requires a huge souls commitment. I realise it's not great advise for a first time play through... 

For a vetaran of the game, it is more enjoyable fighting the low level invaders as you progress instead of avoiding them... just my 2 cents.

Cheers!
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:00 pm

Can anyone confirm the elimination of the invasion timer?  Patch notes?  I've never experienced back to back invasions like that except in the forest, which I assume is a whole different scenario.

If this is true, someone needs to change the wiki entry for the Dried Finger, which may as well be a piece of beef jerky for all the purpose it would serve.
    ScottyDoesKnow
    ScottyDoesKnow
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by ScottyDoesKnow Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:03 pm

Sentiel wrote:The timer was long removed.
    It doesn't matter if the invader, or the host dies, but the host can get invaded immediately after it is technically possible, even without the use of Dried Finger.
    Just take a high SL toon to a PvP hotspot and you'll see yourself getting invaded all of the time.
    The time between invasions is only a matter of your SL, area and pure coincidence.

That said, I've read that being in Way of White reduces chances of getting invaded, by putting you at the end of the queue of pissble hosts for the invader looking to invade someone.
    I've experienced that while hosting but only when I already used dried finger/an invade item, I thought it was just a bug. Even in places like anor londo I seem to have a nice long safe time between invasions.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:08 pm

ScottyDoesKnow wrote:

I've experienced that while hosting but only when I already used dried finger/an invade item, I thought it was just a bug. Even in places like anor londo I seem to have a nice long safe time between invasions.
    I think the timer hasn't been removed completely, but it's been changed somehow- you can get multiple invasions, but if the timer was removed you'd get people invading every couple of minutes.. Which just doesn't happen..

To be honest I think it's just changed to be shorter, but can't know for sure (though I agree, there seems to be a roughly 5-10min period of safety after an invasion)
    AnCapaillMor
    AnCapaillMor
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by AnCapaillMor Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Don't think its been removed but there's defo no timer in oollacile, there's none in the forest and I'm pretty sure dark mooning ignores the timer(invaded same guy 6 Timex in 10 times in dukes and had same done to me).
    Back Lot Basher
    Back Lot Basher
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Back Lot Basher Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:20 pm

Serious_Much wrote:
    ScottyDoesKnow wrote:

I think the timer hasn't been removed completely, but it's been changed somehow- you can get multiple invasions, but if the timer was removed you'd get people invading every couple of minutes.. Which just doesn't happen..

To be honest I think it's just changed to be shorter, but can't know for sure (though I agree, there seems to be a roughly 5-10min period of safety after an invasion)
    This has been my experience.  I've never really timed it, but an estimate of 5 to 10 min seems about right.  And I've helped a lot of friends in some pretty big hotspots.
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:28 pm

Back Lot Basher wrote:
    Serious_Much wrote:
    ScottyDoesKnow wrote:

This has been my experience.  I've never really timed it, but an estimate of 5 to 10 min seems about right.  And I've helped a lot of friends in some pretty big hotspots.
    As far as I know the timer is still there. But using any online item (WSS, RSS, REO, etc.) resets the timer, not just the Dried Finger.
    In my experience invading the parish with a toon as if I was going through the area (+0 weapons and armor), I decided to fight some invaders for once. I was invaded after a couple of minutes, and I defeated him with ease. (elemental UGS with no dead angle = parry bait) After that, no invasions what so ever for like 7 or 8 minutes. I decide to invade again, use the red eye orb and get invaded by the same guy. Another easy win.
    I tested this a bit further when trying to get a friend to invade me. Same results, tho victory wasn't always the case hahaha.

In regards to the OP, I agree with Serious. And with Sentiel too, but mostly Serious.
    Sentiel
    Sentiel
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Sentiel Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:34 pm

Aha!
    I assumed only Dried Finger and Invasion items reset the timer. If WSS does it too, then that could explain why I'm getting invaded everywhere.

Forest aside, but for example in Township, I get fog locked from leaving in few seconds upon entering and get constantly invaded even without doing anything. Is that because of the high invasion frequency, or is the location special, like Forest?
    EeAyEss
    EeAyEss
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by EeAyEss Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:41 pm

Sentiel wrote:Aha!
    I assumed only Dried Finger and Invasion items reset the timer. If WSS does it too, then that could explain why I'm getting invaded everywhere.

Forest aside, but for example in Township, I get fog locked from leaving in few seconds upon entering and get constantly invaded even without doing anything. Is that because of the high invasion frequency, or is the location special, like Forest?
    I think when you enter a new area you reset the timer as well. I.e. kill a scrub in the township, warp to andre to repair/upgrade/whatever, warp back to township and get invaded again.
    Otherwise, just the high invasion frequency might bug out the timer. I mean we all know that I'm no expert on this and that Dark Souls can do strange things online.
    Green__Eagle
    Green__Eagle
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Green__Eagle Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:02 pm

Sentiel wrote:Aha!
    ...in Township, I get fog locked from leaving in few seconds upon entering and get constantly invaded even without doing anything...
    I get invaded the most often in Township, but you have ample time to quit your game if you don't want the invader. Sometimes attempted invasions are so frequent, while you're sitting at the bonfire, you do not have time to Warp somewhere else to handle repairs or access your BB.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:57 am

Are you guys talking about DkS on PS3 or on PC? Because when I played DkS a few month ago on pc there weren't many invaders coming into my game even though I wanted them to come. Only in a few locations and at certain times there were more of them.

The gates often got foggy (what always indicates that s.b. tries to come in) but often n.b. really came in. Problem only was that during the foggy gate time I never could heal myself at the bf.

But in general, there was not so much pvp action.
    Odinbear
    Odinbear
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Location : Sitting here in limbo, but I know it won't be long. Sitting here in limbo, like a bird without a song. Well they're putting up resistance, but I know that my faith will lead me on. Sitting here in limbo, waiting for the dice to roll.

Post by Odinbear Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:12 pm

Pay the guy in the church to be rid of your sins. No invaders, then.
    Micha369
    Micha369
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Micha369 Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:25 am

Odinbear wrote:Pay the guy in the church to be rid of your sins. No invaders, then.
    If I remember correctly this only is true for the blue invaders.

The red ones still will try to get you.
    Derpwraith
    Derpwraith
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Derpwraith Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:28 am

"But I had my shield up and everything!" Keh he he he he, welcome to Dark Souls, hollow.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 10:03 am