Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

DeS - First playthrough questions

DigitaLinsanitY
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Addicted
    Addicted

DeS - First playthrough questions Empty DeS - First playthrough questions

Post by DigitaLinsanitY Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Dark souls veteran looking to play des for the first time. I'm sure all of this has been beaten to death already, but bear with me if you can. I have read the "so I just got my copy of demon souls" thread and the "travelers guide" by Sentiel and Walter (great info here, +1's) but still have a few questions.

1. Is there a better character planner than the following link? https://sites.google.com/site/darksoulstats/demon-s-souls-calculators

2. What SL range can I expect to reach by the end of the first play through.

3. In dark souls, a safe way to build a primarily melee char was to invest the minimum in weapon requirements and go down the elemental weapon path while increasing vit/end to a comfortable level. Once the desired levels of vit/end has been attained, focus on dex/str for weapon scaling. Is this method viable / recommended for des?

4. Is there any weapon upgrade path that is next to useless (ie. raw weapons from dks).

5. I want to make a 27/40 or 40/40 build to try a variety of weapons. In des, upgrading weapons changes what stat the weapon scales with. Is there a noticeable benefit in going down the quality upgrade path when I can focus on either dex or str path for the same weapon instead?

6. One of the methods of increasing white tendency is by killing bosses. Do bosses re-spawn?

That's it for now. I'll post more questions if I think of any. Thanks in advance to all that reply.

Cheers!
    DigitaLinsanitY
    Seignar
    Seignar
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

DeS - First playthrough questions Empty Re: DeS - First playthrough questions

Post by Seignar Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:48 pm

1. Cannot answer

2. Similarly to DkS, SL 50-70.

3. In DeS, there is an elite non-scaling weapon and quite a couple of really powerful early game weapons. It isn't just viable, but reccomended for both begginers and experts.

4. Probably the "Dark" path for a couple of reasons. There is also the "Tearing" path, but it doesn't suck, it just tries to act as a medium between 2 paths, so anything it can do, the other path can do better. It is very rare for this path to be the best choice in any particular situation.

5. Quality has a slight damage edge over other paths, but it is very low. Only recommended if you have extra points to spare or you feel like using many weapons on 1 character.

6. They don't. White Tendency is hard to get (or rather, really easy to mess up) as opposed to Black. You're either really good  to get White Tendency or you've taken a ton of precautions so your Tendency doesn't lower.
    Shakie666
    Shakie666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Shakie666 Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:34 pm

I should probably add that diminishing returns for str/dex start at 50, not 40.

A tip: don't make a dex build that uses a non-unique weapon, since then you'll have to farm for a pure bladestone (not fun).

Another tip: always have you're equip load under 50%. Armour is pointless. Unless you're fighting 1-1 dreglings, the difference in damage between going naked and wearing full brushwood is negligible.
    FexDS
    FexDS
    Webmaster
    Webmaster

Post by FexDS Fri Nov 15, 2013 12:54 pm

We've moved, Come to talk at the new Demon's Souls Board : http://fextralife.com/forums/f4/demons-souls/
    Also read: http://fextralife.com/forums/t24904/welcome-to-our-leveled-up-forums!/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:39 am