Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

BROTHERS: A Tale of Two Sons (with video review)

Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

BROTHERS: A Tale of Two Sons (with video review) Empty BROTHERS: A Tale of Two Sons (with video review)

Post by Juutas Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:16 pm

Anyone else played this fantastic game?
    It might be just me, but I think this one of the greatest adventures in video game history!

I talk alot of the game in my review here:

I suggest everyone to buy this game and NOT to spoil it!

Official website of the game: http://www.brothersthegame.com/
    Get it from steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/225080/
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    WhatDoesThePendantDo?
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

BROTHERS: A Tale of Two Sons (with video review) Empty Re: BROTHERS: A Tale of Two Sons (with video review)

Post by WhatDoesThePendantDo? Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:42 pm

The controlling 2 characters at once thing put me off because I viewed it as a possibility of it getting too confusing and cluttered but if it's as good as you say, I may have to reconsider.
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

BROTHERS: A Tale of Two Sons (with video review) Empty Re: BROTHERS: A Tale of Two Sons (with video review)

Post by Juutas Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:29 pm

WhatDoesThePendantDo? wrote:The controlling 2 characters at once thing put me off because I viewed it as a possibility of it getting too confusing and cluttered but if it's as good as you say, I may have to reconsider.
    As I said on the review: it wasn't the easiest system for me to master, but definitely interesting and how it supports the creativity of puzzles and even story and character development makes it a success happy
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:07 pm

Also did anyone else notice that this game has a pretty clear Quelaag reference? big grin
    Laharls_Wrath
    Laharls_Wrath
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Laharls_Wrath Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:16 pm

I wrote up a short recommendation for this game on steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/laharls_wrath/recommended/
    easily one of the best and most unique experiences I have ever had gaming
    but play it all in one sitting, on your own, without other distractions
    treat it with the respect you would give a great film or play in theaters

could also talk for days comparing this game to the garbage the chinese room pumps out and how strong of a medium gaming is for delivering an experience when you tie narrative and storytelling to the actual game mechanics
    what Brothers did was absolutely amazing and it sucks to be unable to talk about it but I wouldn't dream of risking spoiling such an impactful experience even the slightest

also, TBs "WTF is" video on this game is great
    Juutas
    Juutas
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by Juutas Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Laharls_Wrath wrote:I wrote up a short recommendation for this game on steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/laharls_wrath/recommended/
    easily one of the best and most unique experiences I have ever had gaming
    but play it all in one sitting, on your own, without other distractions
    treat it with the respect you would give a great film or play in theaters

could also talk for days comparing this game to the garbage the chinese room pumps out and how strong of a medium gaming is for delivering an experience when you tie narrative and storytelling to the actual game mechanics
    what Brothers did was absolutely amazing and it sucks to be unable to talk about it but I wouldn't dream of risking spoiling such an impactful experience even the slightest

also, TBs "WTF is" video on this game is great
    Amen.

Actually I just watched the TotalBiscuits impression video of the game (I had to dig around and see what other people think about the game since I liked it so much, haha! big grin) and his review is better and even more spot on than mine! happy he says it better what I try to communicate in my review.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:43 pm