Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
Tolvo
DoughGuy
User
7 posters

Knight of Astora - Hidden Signs

User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Knight of Astora - Hidden Signs Empty Knight of Astora - Hidden Signs

Post by User Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:47 pm

All Findings of Hidden 'Knight Orange Signs' - Founded by Tolvo the stuff written below is what Tolvo has written. This is for a post in the Search for Lore. Good job, Tolvo. Although he did this a week or two ago, it is needed to be seen for all to see.

All NPC messages I've found are from a Knight of Astora. I am unable to check Gwyndolin's boss room, and the hall and stair case right after the Taurus Demon, on my current character for PvP Purposes.

Firelink Shrine:

One is right above the elevator in Firelink, if you drop onto that structure to get to the the nest and use Seek Guidance, a message says "Path Ahead" with his symbol and no ratings. If you use it when you land on the small strut it says, "Here."

In front of Domhall of Zena when he moves to Firelink, "Imminent Merchant."

Asylum:
    And right past Snuggly is a hidden message from him that says "Exchange."

Blighttown/Queelag's Domain:

Past first bonfire on way to fire dogs and Ghoul, "Path Ahead."

He has one just outside the Chaos Covenant Room that says "Illusory Wall."

New Londo:

Again right near the pot with the body containing Transient Curses there is "Need Curses."

At the bottom of the Broken stairs, outside of the building holding the Sealer, "Imminent jumping off..."

At the outcrop at the bottom of the stair case leading to the Abyss and Four Kings, "Need Covenant."

Undead Burg/Parish:

Before barrels that lead to a hollow ambush feauturing two undead that climb from the side and wield sword hilts, "Jumping off ahead."

Before bridge Wyvern near to the Basement Door, "Imminent Drake."

Before trapped black Mage, Prisoner Ahead."

There is another one in the undead church, the only one I've found. The church being the Gargoyle Boss area. In the hall before the room with Lautrec, before the Balder Knight and before the stairs, right at the start is a message that says "Prisoner Ahead."

Depths:

At the Depths Bonfire, "I can't take this."

After the Giant rat, to the left side just before sliding down, "Try sliding down."

Before Shortcut in Depths, "Imminent Shortcut."

Gaping Dragon boss room "Weakness: Head," to the left upon entering near some pillars.

Catacombs:

Down the ladder and on the way to the hall leading to the first bonfire, "Try Divine."

At the Break Away wall, "Treasure."

Next to Patches at his bridge turning position, "Liar."

Ladder past Darkmoon Ring, "Up."

In front of the wall Vamos breaks open, "Blacksmith ahead."

Right after Pinwheel, on the way to the drop leading back to the Catacombs, "Shortcut ahead."

Sen's Fortress:

Break Away wall leading to Big Hat Logan, "Prisoner Ahead."

Darkroot:

Past the first living tree leading to the Wolf Ring, "Are the trees moving?"

Valley of Drakes:

Before bridge with the Drakes, not coming from the flood gate, "Ring Ahead."

Anor Londo:

Message before the strut leading to the rafter area. "Path ahead."

Demon Ruins:

Centipede Demon room, to the right leading towards the larger patch of land, "Safe Zone Ahead."
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Knight of Astora - Hidden Signs Empty Re: Knight of Astora - Hidden Signs

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:47 pm

New Londo is available without the lordvessel. I dont think he made it to the abyss though, too much evidence to the contrary. I also think he might have stalled at the centipede demon. It's a fairly unique boss. Then again if he was from an earlier time some enemies might not have been there yet. He may have followed the roots into Izalith like Solaire. However I think we can assume wherever his last message is is as far as he made it. I just cant figure out how he made it past O&S unless they are just animated statues.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:57 pm

Using the roots is a possibility, as well who is to say those orange gates were even always there?
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:55 am

Right. I mean why were they even there? I can understand the one at the ruins and kinda understand the one at the archives but blocking Nito? Why? he was still loyal. We've also go tto find that crystal cave one. I had a char in the caves but it got cursed so it might be awhile before I go back, but when I do Ill have seek guidance on.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:19 am

I'm pretty sure it's right in front of the first invisible bridge.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:18 am

Found it. On the path where you have to drop down to reach (in front of the 3 crystal lizards) it says "Path ahead".
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:54 am

That knight really got around! That list is awexome
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:55 am

Oh yeah, meant to add I found nothing else in the crystal cave. Checked from the first invis briddge onwards.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:51 pm

I already saw a lot of these messages, I thought some of them were from Pacthes because I was playing offline. I never saw his signature (helmet) next to the message because I never used the Seek Guidance. This is very interesting, how could he explore all Lordran if he died at the asylum? Unless its not him, but a lot of other heroes who died.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Oh Car ... ooooooh Car. In the spoiler box in my sig, click the there's more to them link and read Oscar's section.
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:58 pm

DoughGuy wrote:Oh Car ... ooooooh Car. In the spoiler box in my sig, click the there's more to them link and read Oscar's section.

Lol I've read that thread but just not the oscar one, thought it would had nothing but "Saved your *** and died" silly

Thanks for reminding me
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am

DoughGuy wrote:New Londo is available without the lordvessel. I dont think he made it to the abyss though, too much evidence to the contrary. I also think he might have stalled at the centipede demon. It's a fairly unique boss. Then again if he was from an earlier time some enemies might not have been there yet. He may have followed the roots into Izalith like Solaire. However I think we can assume wherever his last message is is as far as he made it. I just cant figure out how he made it past O&S unless they are just animated statues.

He got passed them by killing them.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:35 am

Yeah, his world is not ours or there'd be a lot of missing bosses for us or he knows how to talk them out of a fight.

Also, in game orange signs with the exception of your own are always from someone else world. Since we're not Oscar and there's no option to delete his messages the logical assumption is that his world is a different one.
    Federally
    Federally
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Federally Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:42 am

skarekrow13 wrote:Yeah, his world is not ours or there'd be a lot of missing bosses for us or he knows how to talk them out of a fight.

Also, in game orange signs with the exception of your own are always from someone else world. Since we're not Oscar and there's no option to delete his messages the logical assumption is that his world is a different one.

But then the question is, why isn't he a phantom in the Asylum? Is the Asylum special? Can i bring separate worlds together like the bonfires?
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:41 pm

You see this in several cases. Solaire is sometimes "there" and sometimes a phantom. Lautrec is the same. Leeroy is white once and red the next which is different but helps with my point. All worlds are in flux so the differences are accounted for via time. Let's assume our world is linear for simplicity's sake. The worlds of others are like a wave. I like to say that ours is a nicely made sheet on a bed while everyone else's world is like a crumpled up blanket on top. There's lots of points they meet and lots where they don't. When our world touches Oscar's/Solaire's etc they're actually present. At other times the worlds are separate and they need either a push or a pull to bridge the gap just like we do as a phantom. So if I leave an orange sign in my world you might be able to see it despite me not being in your world. When I'm summoned or invade it's your world. So if I invade you in the forest your Sif is alive even though mine is long gone. Same with them. What gets tricky is when we're both there. When Oscar is "there" in the Asylum, you obviously have never killed anything really while he's been all over the place. So who's bosses/world is dominant? It's either ours or a paradox. It obviously can't be Oscar's/Solaire's or otherwise since he had to have killed his Asylum demon while most persons will not have it dead yet. That suggests that ours is the dominant realm when NPCs are "real" in our world as the easiest solution as our demon living trumps his dead one for "reality." However, we never actually get to see the world when an NPC is real. We only see a small pocket of worlds crossing. So for our Oscar example, it's possible that BOTH worlds exist simultaneously but the only things that have are touching is a localized area. So the small room we find him in is the only location that's together whereas the Asylum arena might still be separate worlds.

And yeah, I know you could attack one of the "real" NPCs and draw them into an area where the outcomes might be different which is just further proof that yours is the dominant world. Ex. letting Solaire chase you to the Wyvern means he either didn't kill his Wyvern or you have the dominant world.

Another wrinkle is that there can't be two Chosen Undeads that exist for "real" in one world. This supports my linear view of our worlds as they would then run parallel and never touch meaning we'd have to jump across as a phantom while NPCs worlds waver and can touch all worlds at some point.

In short.....ha ha.....when they're real the worlds touch, when they're phantoms or leaving hints the worlds are separate.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Here's a graphic I made quick since I often word things in idisoyncratic fashion. The colored lines all represent one world. Intersections are where both characters would be "real" and any other part they can only connect via a phantom method. Notice the bottom axis is labeled "time" but that's more for simplicity again. Time is not always linear when discussing phantom interactions. For instance, Oscar's final point on his line actually intersects at our beginning. All other phantom contact (orange signs) would be earlier in his world but later in ours. Just like phantoms can move up or down on the diagram I believe they can move left and right (in other words, across time as well as world). Solaire is a good example. All the "real" points are linear to his world again (as is Siegmeyer, Sieglinde, Lautrec, Laurentius, Rhea, Petrus, etc. etc.). However, we have no way of knowing about phantom Solaire as he doesn't discuss the story when summoned. Add in the possibility of his death during a summon and the idea is you could be pulling him from any when

Knight of Astora - Hidden Signs 306821_242971269153106_100122521_n
    Shkar
    Shkar
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Shkar Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:48 pm

The best part of that graph is that Dough is at the lowest plane of existence at all times.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:52 pm

Lol......Not what I intended but hilarious observation nonetheless. Sorry Dough
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:01 pm

Where am I, exactly? the charts I guess.
    skarekrow13
    skarekrow13
    Chat Moderator

Post by skarekrow13 Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:13 pm

You're gravelording the other worlds
    User
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by User Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:18 pm

And invading... And drawing... Curing... Plaguing... Bringing order... Bringing chaos...

Lots of things to lots of worlds.... It depends on how I feel.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:38 pm

Wow Shkar ... wow. I guess Q qas right when he said to trust no one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:37 pm