Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+11
Maneater_Mildred
ViralEnsign_
Whknight
Tolvo
befowler
Enigma5991
Scudman_Slayer
IceIfrit666
DxV04
berkut
ErrJon6661
15 posters

Just got Mass Effect 3

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Just got Mass Effect 3 Empty Just got Mass Effect 3

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:42 pm

I needed a break from Dark Souls, needed it for a while now. Played ME3 at a friends house and decided to get it.

I must say I'm rather impressed with it. I played 1 and 2 and they were good. But three is just great.

So far, besides some minor graphical errors the game plays great. My main issue is the lack of urgency implied by the story line.... Earth is getting destroyed and your sort of just running around doing random missions for dudes. But then again it wouldn't be much of a game otherwise.

Back on subject, if anyone has been thinking about getting it I strongly suggest it.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Just got Mass Effect 3 Empty Re: Just got Mass Effect 3

Post by berkut Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:12 pm

It is sitting in the next room, but I have not touched it, I would prefer to finish ME2 first happy
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 pm

If you dont play ME2 you'll be lost haha.
    berkut
    berkut
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by berkut Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:39 pm

I would imagine so, go a ways to go in the game, but that's okay, not like it's going anywhere happy
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:40 pm

I got it, been playing it since ME 1 great game. My time is divided now sad
    IceIfrit666
    IceIfrit666
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by IceIfrit666 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:04 pm

I've wanted to play these, but if I do, I'm playing from ME1 so I can get Miranda killed. MUHAHAHA!
    Scudman_Slayer
    Scudman_Slayer
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Scudman_Slayer Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:20 pm

just do one thing get your galaxy readiness to 100% get all the war assets and get your EMS to 4000-5000 if you want to see the best ending as renegade or paragon

otherwise you will not like the ending trust me i've never cried so much due to seeing it
    Enigma5991
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Enigma5991 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:32 pm

I wish the cover system wasn't so damn glitchy, but yeah, it's nice.

The system is like Gears of War with magic. Nothing new, but it certainly isn't anything bad. It's just if you're going to make a cover based shooter, you should probably work out all the problems concerning the cover. A lot of the time, Shepard will randomly pop out of cover whenever a squad mate gets close to you on the same wall and trying to jump out of the way of grenades will sometimes pull him to a wall.

Do the grenades and Banshees one hit kill on settings lower than Insanity?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:56 pm

I'm playing on normal, haven't ran into a banshee yet, but the grenades just strip my shields.

The one thing this game has over any other cover shooter is story. I won't deny gears has great gameplay but the few times I've played it I havent really cared about the story.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:38 am

It is getting brutal reviews on Amazon, due largely to the ending(s). I didn't get it due to my deep disappointment with ME2, but I can't say I'm surprised.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Yeah, I don't own it but everyone I know gave their copies back after beating it. Maybe skip the main story missions? I did the same thing with Skyrim for a while and wished I never completed that main story, maybe doing so would keep the game great in your eyes?
    Enigma5991
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Enigma5991 Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:04 pm

befowler wrote:It is getting brutal reviews on Amazon, due largely to the ending(s).
    User reviews were terrible on Metacritic too.

The ga.y scenes didn't help either.

One user wrote: "What the hell were they thinking? putting ga.y scenes into video games? If i wanted political messages, id watch the news. I do NOT want games becoming yet another medium for propaganda."

Unsurprisingly, the PC version got hit hardest, because hell hath no fury like a PC gamer who thinks he's scorned. User reviews for the PC version sit at a 2.2 score average, while the PS3 and 360 versions have 3.1 and 4.1, respectively.

Edit: The word g a y is bleeped out here?
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:45 pm

I'm not surprised honestly, I didn't pay attention to the views mostly because I don't care, but once I saw what the endings were I knew someone screwed up somewhere. Blame wise I'm betting it was EA, Bioware has a very good record, and EA tends to cause problems anyhow.

Also a note on the censor, if it's censored out it was chosen for a reason, I advise against using other ways to get it through.
    Enigma5991
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Enigma5991 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm not using it as an adjective, like some do.

It's a legit word. Right?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:18 pm

These days it can have a negative connotation and is fairly negative in use, typically I use the whole word Homosexual, then again in real life I leave everyone via the words "Tata," or "Toodles."

Back on topic, from the Demo I have to say it doesn't look like a bad game, but from what I saw of the story I was pretty disappointed with it. The combat looks alright, a bit easy but I imagine there are some ways to make it more difficult.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:22 am

You can keep the combat interesting if you try. There's twice as many weapons as in me2. There's more armor also. You can change the difficulty but it really just lowers the damage you do and raises the damage you take.

As far as the story goes, I know the endings depend on what you do in game. I remember in me2 if you didn't upgrade the ship enough the ending was you going through the Omega relay and dying.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:39 am

The Mass Effect Series is great, so great in fact that I rarely begin playing the game and spend my time testing out the different classes I just can't choose one.
    Maneater_Mildred
    Maneater_Mildred
    Chat Moderator

Post by Maneater_Mildred Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

My partner has taking over my ps3 since getting home from hospital, he has been playing me2 24-7, leaving me hanging out for DS. If he wants to get me3 im gonna make him get another ps3.
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:54 pm

ErrJon6661 wrote:You can keep the combat interesting if you try. There's twice as many weapons as in me2. There's more armor also. You can change the difficulty but it really just lowers the damage you do and raises the damage you take.

Good to know. My disappointment with ME2 stemmed mostly from all the customizable weaps/armor disappearing, and the drastically scaled down RPG elements. Seemed like they were headed straight into generic sci-fi FPS land. Ironically, that may make me enjoy ME3 more, not just because some of that sounds like it was put back in, but because I'm still not riding on a cloud over the series. ME2 was like my The Phantom Menace of Mass Effect, so by comparison even Attack of the Clones/ME3 may not seem to bad.

Still won't pay more than $19.99 though.
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:01 pm

Lucky me, my roomate has a copy of ME2 and 3 though I'll have to pay for any DLC. So far I'm 20 hours deep into Mass Effect and still have not touched any of the missions after getting Liara, I'm curious how I managed to beat it my first time in 35-40 hours, yet on this playthrough it may hit 50-60.

I know I'm getting off topic here, but I really wonder where the series would have went if EA wasn't involved.
    Enigma5991
    Enigma5991
    Casual
    Casual

Post by Enigma5991 Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:55 pm

Spoilers for upcoming DLC and stuff regarding the endings, (this probably isn't real but it sounds very legit) approach with caution.

"A few hours ago an anonymous user who leaked the multiplayer DLC (just an hour earlier) has claimed that the ending fiasco was deliberate because of the game’s storyline being leaked. They changed it so they could have more time to prepare the real ending DLC.

It is called “The Truth”, and will be released in April or May… You will be able to continue your story if you picked any of the endings. Your decision during the sequence will have a big effect on the ending of The Truth. Also, The Truth adds two new sets of enemies, new classes, and multiplayer maps, including “Firebase Hive”, which is a small area of the last remaining Collector Ship included in the DLC, which, by the way, you should definitely bring Javik the Prothean along if you have them.

The following picture shows some of the leaked multiplayer classes and races. One race that isn’t shown is the Prothean Adept and Vanguard. This DLC also, enables the ability for owners of the preorder and From Ashes DLC to find their DLC weapons in reinforcement packs.

All of that content, and this might as well be labelled an expansion.

And it’s Free!"
    Just got Mass Effect 3 Hv4bwk

Last edited by Enigma5991 on Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Whknight
    Whknight
    Upgrade Master
    Upgrade Master

Post by Whknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:00 pm

Considering that's one of the #chans, I don't buy it. Maybe it will come out, probably because it seems alot of people hate how they ended it, but I feel sadly we are stuck with this ended. I can see the possibility of having to rush the ending, which I'll blame EA for.
    Deadpool
    Deadpool
    Addicted
    Addicted

Location : In front of my mirror thanking god for my sexy looks

Post by Deadpool Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 pm

The day it came out, 12 of my friends were playing it. Next day they were all back to playing their usual games. They said it was horrible compared to the rest. I myself found the combat dull and behind the times. As much as I heard how awesome of a game it was, I put it up to its reputation and it was a let down I'm afraid, to me.
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:35 pm

To me personally the combat in the game depends on the class you choose and how agressive you are. If you play it safe and hide behind cover the game is quite easy. If you're more aggressive however, and play as a class that doesn't specialize in guns the game gets interesting. As a Vangaurd you use short ranged weapons and moves like charge and pull. So the best technique as a Vangaurd is to charge in using the charge move and begin mowing enemies down with a shotgun.

But thats just me. Hahaha. I've heard a lot of good and a lot of bad about it, no one seems to think that: "its an alright game".
    befowler
    befowler

Post by befowler Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:07 pm

Even if that upcoming DLC is real, Bioware seems to be basically trolling its own customers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:56 pm