Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Forum Pirate
Tolvo
ViralEnsign_
Brokewilly
DxV04
9 posters

Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.

DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.  Empty Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:55 pm

:::::UPDATE START::::::

Sl for Gravelords will be 120 baseline. You don't have to be exactly sl 120 but need to be within 10%.

:::::UPDATE END::::::
    Gravelord locations map
    https://2img.net/h/oi47.tinypic.com/v310nd.jpg

Hi fellow gravelord warriors. I posted this earlier but I have not seen any feed back and I figured I just make a dedicated thread for this event regarding our strategy. I am looking for feedback. Also,
    we need to choose an sl. I would like 120 to 130 (if we do decide in that range I will be at sl 125) but I am open to any suggestions. We should decide the sl soon. Trust me, i know from experience that all gravelords should be at the same sl as much as possible.

Ok fellow Gravelords.

The strategy I am suggesting to GLs is to choose between 2 areas in the forest. The first area is near the bonfire outside Artorias door. Cursing here spawns both BP mushrooms and BP stone giants. Also staying out here will allow forest hunters to invade jumpers primarily with out running into gravelords.

The second area is to stand near the steps where jumpers can see the sign and invade. Moving away from the stairs will only draw forest hunters who might know understand we are allies.

To gravelords if you are attacked by any darkwraiths, darkmoons or forest hunter your job is to defeat them and then invite them to join the invasion. only if you can of course. Win or loose you should mention to them our purpose.

Please share your ideas.

Last edited by DxV04 on Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:06 pm; edited 6 times in total
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.  Empty Re: Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:10 pm

DxV04 wrote:Hi fellow gravelord warriors. I posted this earlier but I have not seen any feed back and I figured I just make a dedicated thread for this event regarding our strategy. I am looking for feedback. Also,
    we need to choose an sl. I would like 120 to 130 (if we do decide in that range I will be at sl 125) but I am open to any suggestions. We should decide the sl soon. Trust me, i know from experience that all gravelords should be at the same sl as much as possible.

Ok fellow Gravelords. We need to pin down an Sl for the upcoming event.
    Any suggestions? I have found the most action around the forest bonfire to be at sl 120 but that is just my experience. Anyone else has a different experience with bonfire are in the forest?

Also, for those who do not know this, you do not have to be inside the alvina forest hunter area to spawn BP mushroom families. You can be outside by the bonfire and spawn both BP mushrooms and stone giants.

For the event I propose 2 main areas where we shall make our signs visible. Outside Artorias door by the bonfire. The second area is a bit more complex to explain. As you come into the alvina part of the forest walk down the steps you encounter a dense area of trees, you walk past that and come out in a large clear. Right where the tree line ends thats where we should drop our EoD's and wait. The reasoning behind this is that FH will invade and know its us because we are not in the usual jumper spots by the entrance and second the gravelord sign will be visible to the jumpers from the stair if we stand at the edge of the tree line/clearing.

Please share your ideas.

DxV04 - hey bro I am going to summarize this post and also place a direct link to this thread. Great idea on breaking this info out in to a separate thread - this makes it easier to reference. I recommend you continue to add recommendations to the top post in this thread as needed to maintain high visibility.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.  Empty Re: Gravelord Strategy for Forest of the Dammed event.

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm

Brokewilly wrote:
    DxV04 - hey bro I am going to summarize this post and also place a direct link to this thread. Great idea on breaking this info out in to a separate thread - this makes it easier to reference. I recommend you continue to add recommendations to the top post in this thread as needed to maintain high visibility.

I will modify the top thread according to our strategy and sl selection. You can count on that! cheers
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:13 pm

Well I think summised the location well enough in the main post. Its just along the tree line to the right if I'm not mistaken.

Though as for tips on how we should commence battle I think we need to rely on the Forest Hunters for that. I'm not saying they should give up their tricks and secrets but any basic handy tips about geography could help us alot.

Also given that we are expecting Farmers to be the targets I suggest we develop startegies to counteract Heavy Armour, WoG Spamming, Twop, and Backstab Fishing.

Additionally if any skilled PvPers could drop handy 2v1, 3v1 tips in this thread the Gravelords would greatly appreciate it.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:39 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Well I think summised the location well enough in the main post. Its just along the tree line to the right if I'm not mistaken.

Though as for tips on how we should commence battle I think we need to rely on the Forest Hunters for that. I'm not saying they should give up their tricks and secrets but any basic handy tips about geography could help us alot.

Also given that we are expecting Farmers to be the targets I suggest we develop startegies to counteract Heavy Armour, WoG Spamming, Twop, and Backstab Fishing.

Additionally if any skilled PvPers could drop handy 2v1, 3v1 tips in this thread the Gravelords would greatly appreciate it.

The tree line I have in mind is the one that you have to pass in order to reach Alvina. I will work on a sketch. big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:00 pm

The link to the Forest Hunters tips and tricks thread is in my signature. I have posted a ton of tips, tricks, strategies, and other things in there. Some regard using the NPC's and mobs, but many regard weapons, armor, spell tactics, using the geography, finding kill zones, etc. Take a look, I'm sure you guys will find some use for what I've posted in there. I'd rather you guys just read what I've already posted than start transferring it all over here haha.
    Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:28 pm

ViralEnsign_ wrote:Well I think summised the location well enough in the main post. Its just along the tree line to the right if I'm not mistaken.

I agree - I tell you a long day at the office will impair your thinking abilities lol! .Basically, I am going to provide some context (1-2 sentences to increase the probability the link will be clicked instead of people posting questions) around each of the covenant strategy thread pointer URLs which are referenced on the mass invasion event's first post. I just did not want to leave a lonely URL in each of the covenant strategy sections.

Brokewilly
    Brokewilly
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Brokewilly Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:50 pm

Tolvo wrote:The link to the Forest Hunters tips and tricks thread is in my signature. I have posted a ton of tips, tricks, strategies, and other things in there. Some regard using the NPC's and mobs, but many regard weapons, armor, spell tactics, using the geography, finding kill zones, etc. Take a look, I'm sure you guys will find some use for what I've posted in there. I'd rather you guys just read what I've already posted than start transferring it all over here haha.

Got it - the Forest tactic thread URL has been posted in the appropriate section on the mass invasion events thread's top post.

Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:52 pm

I just realized how Egotistical my post looks, a lot of people have posted useful things in that thread, not just myself. big grin
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:06 am

But thats why you are Tolvo you are egotistical and proud of it.big grin

I know I would be.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:22 am

Gravelord locations

http://tinypic.com/m/fctaif/3
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:49 am

I like how you've staggered our forces. A nice strategy which welcomes them in then messes them up.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:11 am

ViralEnsign_ wrote:I like how you've staggered our forces. A nice strategy which welcomes them in then messes them up.

Thank you ! hehe
    Do you think it would be useful to also note on that map where the BPs spawn?
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 am

Most probably know a lot of the spots, however yes it probably would be beneficial. I figure it also should be of not to Gravelords on how Chameleon works in the Forest. The person is turned into one of the small shrubs found in the forest, however their color is very black and dark so it is incredibly easy to spot. Because of this I advise no one to rely on Chameleon, and also to keep an eye out for blackened shrubs.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:18 am

Not only that Tolvo but even in chameleon the black smoke aura remains and it is quite noticeable.

I second your recommendation to avoid using chameleon.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:26 am

Another little suggestion, use that bridge near Alvina like no tomorrow. Also make sure to clear out a the NPC's when you can. An obvious thing but the forest can easily become somewhat a gauntlet so it is in your best interest to make it so your invaders do not have too many allies. Also people will use the Mushroom Parents as a spot to rest and wait you out, however you really don't have much to fear from them in all honesty. If you pay attention and know how to dodge they really are no threat at all. But about that bridge, you can suddenly turn a 3v1 into a 1v1, with two guys behind him. If you have a stagger weapon or AoE spells this spot is perfect. The Gravelord dance does wonders around the corner when waiting as they charge across, sometimes the phantom in front will try to evade but the ones behind him will wedge him in place.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:44 pm

Sl for gravelors will be 120 plus or minus 10%. I will be at 125 myself.

Anyone in Xbl who needs help leveling up PM me please.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:20 am

I could use help leveling up to 120 before killing the lords I'm on PSN and sl 53 atm. I'll switch from DM's to Gravelords and practice some and get some eyes.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:04 am

Its a really general tip but wog (force to a lesser extent) is your friend. not due to the damage (thats a bonus) but the stun, combined with the quick cast and your opponents hesitance to get close, can buy you a much needed second to flee , regen stamina or finish a weak opponent.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:02 am

I just discovered that on my dual kat build. Should I manage to lock down an enemy with a several hit combo then a quick WoG/ Force cast can shatter their stamina/ stagger them or in the case of WoG knock them over completely.
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:20 am

If anyone has enough faith to use force by all means it is very effective and maybe combine it with power within to mimic the dragon roar buff.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:22 am

You were reading For the Glory of Alvina weren't you. silly
    DxV04
    DxV04
    Revived
    Revived

Post by DxV04 Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:28 am

Not really LOL. I thought about this while at work. But I can see how you guys thought of it first! big grin
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:43 am

Oh yes, another spell recommendation. Fall Control. When I've managed to Gravelord in certain areas I've found times where I just can't handle the three enemies at the time, so I need a means of escape which would not be easy to follow up on. So if I turn a corner or am out of site I cast fall control. Then I find places to jump down so I can get some space, heal up, and possibly set up for a trap. When testing the Depths the areas leading to the cursed frog worked well, as they are easy to kill. In the Darkroot there is of course the jump near Pharis' spot. Anor Londo has many areas like the upper area and window of the room before O and S, and then there is also the many different bridges and paths to jump from in Sen's fortress.
    Legion
    Legion

Post by Legion Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:51 am

I will see you on the battlefield fellow gravelords

oh and i would suggest having DKGA for if your surrounded and don't have the faith for WoG, or greatsword dance works well to.(however slightly slower, it is incredibly fun impaling three enemies at once) If you plan on using the bridge then I would invest in the dragon greatsword(the 2H heavy attack is perfect for small bridges)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:32 pm