Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+23
whitechikz11
WhatDoesThePendantDo?
Ahhotep1
befowler
dancash1808
Serious_Much
billy_bayonet
eninala
Rynn
TehInfamousAmos
DoughGuy
Brokewilly
DxV04
Imarreteet23
FinPeku
berkut
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
cloudyeki
JY4answer
ViralEnsign_
Tolvo
bloodpixel
ErrJon6661
27 posters

Assassins of Vinheim

ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Assassins of Vinheim - Page 4 Empty Re: Assassins of Vinheim

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:36 am

@tehfamous- you're way overleveled for the covenant. If you wanna join though you're more than welcome. There's a link to the wiki page in my signature detailing all of the restrictions. If you have questions just pm me.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:41 am

Mmkay, I have read the thing, I would probably be a Darkstalker, I have lowered the build a bit this is it mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=126657465
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:45 am

Lose the homing crystal soul mass and its a good darkstalker.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:47 am

Hmmmmm. Err how does the Trapmaster work. I'm already a huge Gravelorder and you have none yet so .....
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:49 am

Okay winking sweet, that means i can drop an attunement slot too silly btw, would a darkstalker be able to use anything such as GSA?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:52 am

There's an approved weapons and armor list on the page haha, if it doesn't appear there its not allowed. It also lays out spell restrictions.
    Imarreteet23
    Imarreteet23
    Caffeinated
    Caffeinated

Post by Imarreteet23 Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:56 am

Hello fellow assassins, this is a bit off topic at the moment, but I have been invading in Sen's for quite a bit, and I thought I might post some tips. Use them as you will.

1. The invader spawn is quite inconvinent, as anyone will be able to see you, added with the fact that it is at the beggining of the level. What I like to do is quickly run down and cast chameleon by the wall. Look down the swinging axes. If the serphent man is alive, then wait. If not, then continue on.

2. Chameleon is your friend here. There are several high traffic places where you will go unnoticed with chameleon on. Some are: the room after the first set of swinging axes, the place where the chest is that contains two large titanite shards, and the main boss room, amongst others.

3. Sen's has lots of ledges. If possible, attune a spell with high knockback, and go crazy.

4. Because Sen's is a cruel and difficult place, expect your target to have summons. I have not come across a persoon without summons so far. Take that into account when planning strategies.

Good luck!
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:04 am

Thanks Imarreteet. Also remember, fall control is your friend here. It can and will save your life.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:04 am

Whats the best SL to invade Sens at btw guys?
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:05 am

You'll get invasions at any sl sub 120. I have good invasions between 30 and 90 between other characters.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:07 am

Thank you, time to make the lore

Zurina Lightbane

Ever since she was a young girl she had been aware of her magical ability but being brought up into the noble house of Stark her brother an assassin of vinheim wished to teach her combat skills, after the few years of training she had in secret her fine ability in sorcery came out during a duel between her and the infamous Baratheon Gravestalker. Her life wasn't the same from that day forward, she was enrolled into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry... Well actually it wasnt Hogwarts but instead the Prestigious Vinheim University, she had trouble learning the soul arts such as soul arrow and instead being the cunning child she was started crafting spells such as Hush, Fall Control and Hidden Body. This got her noticed by her uncle Big Hat Logan, he said that she would be perfect for the Darkstalkers, and that he would promise to teach her enchants for her weapons if she joined and performed assasinations under his name.

Sorry its bad but I'm tired and cba atm
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:33 am

TehInfamousAmos wrote:Thank you, time to make the lore

Zurina Lightbane

Ever since she was a young girl she had been aware of her magical ability but being brought up into the noble house of Stark her brother an assassin of vinheim wished to teach her combat skills, after the few years of training she had in secret her fine ability in sorcery came out during a duel between her and the infamous Baratheon Gravestalker. Her life wasn't the same from that day forward, she was enrolled into Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry... Well actually it wasnt Hogwarts but instead the Prestigious Vinheim University, she had trouble learning the soul arts such as soul arrow and instead being the cunning child she was started crafting spells such as Hush, Fall Control and Hidden Body. This got her noticed by her uncle Big Hat Logan, he said that she would be perfect for the Darkstalkers, and that he would promise to teach her enchants for her weapons if she joined and performed assasinations under his name.

Sorry its bad but I'm tired and cba atm

Lol Game of Thrones!

I like to stay away from other stories when I come up with my characcters Lore. Issur also needs help from any sl 50 assassins....
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:47 am

Bahahah true that, I am changing the lore, I realised the armor i am choosing looks better on a male character so here goes...

Makoto Muramosa

Ever since being a young child Makoto knew of his power, he had inherited the Soul Arts within his Lineage. The Dragon school wary of his power chose to bring Makoto into their home in hopes of teaching this reckless, yet cunning child more of his power. His tutor Logan saw that the boy oblivious of the underlying power contained within him was a formidable swordsman, the decision by the council was to bestow upon him enhancements to his weapons that he could cast, resulting in them inflicting extra damage, or even his weapon could be invisible! After learning the cunning trick of hiding his weapon he worked out that this elementary spell could be converted so that he would be almost invisible if he cast it on himself rather than the weapon. This idea sparked an interest from the Darkstalker sector within the Assassins of Vinheim, overeager to please his new masters he started crafting even more spells, that would make his contracts even easier to complete. After his first year of this he had forgotten all but two spells taught to him by logan, Great Soul Arrow and the Crystal form of the basic Magic weapon enhancement... The contracts eventually drove him to the brink of madness whence he decided it would be a phenomenal idea to murder the highest ranking Darkstalker. After completing this task he had a price put on his head and now Makoto hides in the shadows awaiting his next foe.

P.S Makoto ironically translated means Magic Blade silly

ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:02 am

Lol yeah it does!

I feel like sharing Issur's lore again.

"Issur van Halt is a man whose name is only known by a select few amongst the highest ranking members of the Dragon School, and his name is often spoken of with disdain and mistrust. Amongst all of the political schemes and closely guarded research there exists a few brilliant yet apathetic scholars who delve into the secrets of others rather than pursue thier own knowledge. van Halt is amongst these men. While he is considered the pioneer of transmutational magic and inoclastic synergies I would be more apt to say that he aquired the basic premises of such lofty concepts from several of his co workers.

In recent times Issur has become very influential within Vinhiem's high society due to his servive to Duke Rivolan Antares. After betraying his masters at the Dragon school in favour of service to the Duke he has seen much more work in the fields of assassination and sabotage. However his efforts did not go unpunished. During one fateful contract killing Issur was forced to subject himself to an irrevocable curse which changed his being forever. The curse itself allowed him to access new reserves of his power previously untapped, however at a grevious cost.

Suffice to say that he was not wholy unchanged. Even still his inviting smile and words of fancy draw in his victims while his back hides a sharp dagger. "
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:14 am

The anonymous Shadow has no known name. He started as an initiate in the Vinheim dragon school learning the basics. He easily mastered these spells and quickly rose through the ranks learning higher and higher magics. He soon reached the to p of his level. Unlike his fellows at the school he was not satisfied with the simple hand me down soul arrows of the school. Looking to broaden his horizons he entered the black sorcerors. Just like the normal school he easily mastered these spells too. Having mastered the whole school he had nowhere left to go. Like Logan he attempted to create even more powerful spells. Unlike Logan he attempted to use blood to augment his powers rather than crystal.

The experiments didn't go well. His blood reacted badly with the soul magic. His first spell rebounded into himself, permanently destroying part of his lifeforce, leaving his skin a peramanent deathly palllor and preventing him from utilising the more powerful spells. Fallen from grace when his experiments were uncovered he used his black sorceries to escape the school.

Heading north to Lordran he uncovered the ruins of Oolacile. From the jaws of a hydra he snatched the ivory catalyst, a catalyst capable of augmenting even the weakest spells into powerful ones. With this and the few Oolacile manuscripts he found in a ruined castle he know had surpassed the black sorcerors of Vinheim and still had the magical power to back it up. He reemerged into the world as an assassin, his previous life forgotten. His victims he leaves drained of blood to match his own skin. And even know he carves his way through the world with his eyes set on one goal - The Vinheim Dragon School.

Bit long but I like to write.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:25 am

Ah my first official kill as a Darkstalker. The guy healed so much I got off 12 backstabs. the first 3 from hidden postions and the others just up close and personal.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:09 am

Wow. I just got my guy up to Sens. Now Ive got to kill Sif.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:13 am

DoughGuy wrote:Wow. I just got my guy up to Sens. Now Ive got to kill Sif.

Gimme some time Err and I'll switch over to being a Trapmaster. I've still gotta rep my Gravelords out there. Consider me to be the first Trapmaster of the Assassins.

Also are we supposed to let our kills know who we are?
    Rynn
    Rynn
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Rynn Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:17 am

I've had some problems with this covenant, even though I'd like to join... namely I usually have at least Stone Gloves slipped into my build, I like working with some poise, and this covenant doesn't seem like it would be too happy with letting me do that. I like working with the Oolacile Catalyst and some weaker spells, hidden body is among my favorite spells of all time, but doesn't some of my tactics aren't supported by this covenant, and, like with my pranksters build that you said "Screamed what my covenant is about", I'm not too keen on making the mild changes necessarily requested to run a char through your covenants roster.
    ViralEnsign_
    ViralEnsign_
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by ViralEnsign_ Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:23 am

Rynn wrote:I've had some problems with this covenant, even though I'd like to join... namely I usually have at least Stone Gloves slipped into my build, I like working with some poise, and this covenant doesn't seem like it would be too happy with letting me do that. I like working with the Oolacile Catalyst and some weaker spells, hidden body is among my favorite spells of all time, but doesn't some of my tactics aren't supported by this covenant, and, like with my pranksters build that you said "Screamed what my covenant is about", I'm not too keen on making the mild changes necessarily requested to run a char through your covenants roster.

Compared to the other covenants this one is more about trying out a specific playstyle than anything else. Rather than the others whih focus more on co operation between forum goers or adding lore to your pvp this one is more about the challenge of limiting yourself to a set of rules.

I found it hard to adapt to this covenant too. I wanted to be a saber, magic throwing, stealthy man but that defeats the purpose of the covenant. Now I'm keen to go back to Gravelording but I would like to take the challenges this covenant presents to me back to familiar waters.

Give it a try. I always used to do Dex Faith builds. I really enjoyed the Lifehunter SL60 build challenge and now I'm enjoying the restrictive INT Build challenge.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:55 am

Finally killed Sif. I may have had to use the stone chestpiece with DWGR but I did it at SL 38 with a +5 fire shortsword. Now onto the 4 kings.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:49 pm

This is what I call an OP Spook mugenmonkey.com/darksouls/?c=112543737
    ErrJon6661
    ErrJon6661
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by ErrJon6661 Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:55 pm

@Viral, yes we are supposed to let people know who we are when we kill them hahaha. Something clever but make sure you mention you are part of the AoV.

@Rynn When you get down to it this covenant isn't very restrictive and you can make a very powerful build in it. It forces you to use small weapons and light armor so that you have to think instead of r1 mash. Spells are restricted to avoid every build within the faction being the same. With clever use of the rings and spells/weapons you can put out more damage than sl 120 dueling builds.

@TehInfamousAmos I think FinPeku beat you with his glass cannon Spook but I'm not 100% on that. I just know he was flinging soul spears that would probably break 1500 damage.
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by TehInfamousAmos Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:57 pm

I might make a SL15 Build for this
    TehInfamousAmos
    TehInfamousAmos
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead