Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
BLA1NE
Reaperfan
LarsHimself
7 posters

DARK WOOD GRAIN RING

LarsHimself
    LarsHimself

DARK WOOD GRAIN RING Empty DARK WOOD GRAIN RING

Post by LarsHimself Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:25 am

Hey guys,

I didn't kill that guy's guard when I had the chance, so am I unable to attain the ring now? I'm not part of the covenant anymore either. If I go back to the Forest Hunter's HQ, will his guard be back? I desperately want/need the ring.

I cannot defeat the Four Kings. I've tried everything. Maybe this will help...

And if I can't find the ring, would anybody be willing to trade theirs? I'm SL 69 on xbox live.

Thanks,
    Lars
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

DARK WOOD GRAIN RING Empty Re: DARK WOOD GRAIN RING

Post by Reaperfan Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:28 am

As long as you didn't kill the guard, then don't worry, you should be fine happy

Just head back and rejoin the Forest Hunters and the guard should be there. If you broke your covenant by attacking one of them, then just absolve your sins with Oswald and Alvina won't be mad at you any more, allowing you to join again. Hope this helps happy
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:40 am

The DWGR doesn't make a big difference against the 4 Kings. You can be at 50% weight and beat them just as easily with the medium-roll ad with the ninja-flip.

But do like Reaper said. Go to Oswald to absolve your sins for having attacked a member of the Forest Covenant, then you'll be able to join it again and the ninja will be back. If you messed up because you tried to kill him in the swamp, try it in the forest, instead, it's much easier. As soon as you've joined the covenant, Shiva and his ninja buddy will be in the forest--the latter standing dangerously close to a cliff! Just kick him a few times and he'll fall off. Quit your game using the start menu, then load again, and you'll be able to pick up the ring from where the ninja was standing before you kicked him to his death. Be aware that Shiva will be angry with you again, so he'll attack you while you're picking up the ring.
    LarsHimself
    LarsHimself

Post by LarsHimself Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:51 am

Excellent! I didn't attack him before. -- The Four Kings are the hardest bosses yet... I've already defeated Nito and Seath, too. They were easy!
    LarsHimself
    LarsHimself

Post by LarsHimself Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:51 am

oh, and thank you both very much happy
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:53 am

No problem happy

Also I realize you're a first-time poster, so welcome to the forums!
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:02 am

Tips for the 4 Kings, then:

- Be at 50% weight. Prioritize your weight this way:
    1. Equip your strongest weapon
    2. Equip a shield with high magic resistance
    3. Put on as much of Havel's armor as you can
    4. Fill in the rest with light armor that has high defense

- Focus on dodging first, and attacking second.
    Learn their move-set (they have very few moves: a thrusting strike, vertical slashes and horizontal slashes, a homing magic missile, an AoE explosion around their body, and a soul-sucking attack) and how to dodge their attacks. Then all you have to do is dodge, attack, repeat. For the homing missile, don't bother trying to dodge it, just let it slam into your shield and resume your dodging and attacking.

If you have a strong enough weapon, once you know their moveset and how to dodge it, this is a very easy fight--and a very fun one, too.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!
    LarsHimself
    LarsHimself

Post by LarsHimself Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:05 am

Thanks for the advice, Blaine! I'll try that tomorrow. oh and btw Reaperfan, I just noticed your signature now... I'm surprised you helped bahah
    Reaperfan
    Reaperfan
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by Reaperfan Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:10 am

I help where it is needed, being friendly is part of both the natures of this forum as well as being a Brony happy

As to my signature, there are alot of issues with the way the PvP metagame has developed that I absolutely disagree with, and whole-heartedly believe the Dark Wood Grain Ring is at the heart of pretty much each and every one of them. If it might help you beat the Four Kings, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but heaven forbid you find me in a conversation about something like "the usefulness of poise" or "mobility versus defenses." Those get things pretty heated on my end :pale:
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Gol Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:41 am

BLA1NE wrote:Tips for the 4 Kings, then:

- Be at 50% weight. Prioritize your weight this way:
    1. Equip your strongest weapon
    2. Equip a shield with high magic resistance
    3. Put on as much of Havel's armor as you can
    4. Fill in the rest with light armor that has high defense

- Focus on dodging first, and attacking second.
    Learn their move-set (they have very few moves: a thrusting strike, vertical slashes and horizontal slashes, a homing magic missile, an AoE explosion around their body, and a soul-sucking attack) and how to dodge their attacks. Then all you have to do is dodge, attack, repeat. For the homing missile, don't bother trying to dodge it, just let it slam into your shield and resume your dodging and attacking.

If you have a strong enough weapon, once you know their moveset and how to dodge it, this is a very easy fight--and a very fun one, too.

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

You don't need the medium roll, the fat roll is enough.

Full Havel's + cloranthy ring/grass crest shield and always stay close to them because the far you are from them the more damage they'll inflict to you.
    Just hit them and heal when you need it.

It's the easiest boss on NG.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:27 am

I agree w/ Gol on this one. Grab your most damaging weapon, grass crest shield, then whatever armor gives you the most defense, giants and havels are my pick, along with Havels ring. I also cast magic barrier between kings so the magic attack they use isn't as devastating. Run in, stay close, and hack away.
    ARSP
    ARSP
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by ARSP Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:33 am

You guys forgot about witch Beatrice assuming you summoned her for the moonlight butterfly boss fight then she will help you with the four kings. She and a summon made the boss fight a lot easier.
    BLA1NE
    BLA1NE
    Stat Guru
    Stat Guru

Post by BLA1NE Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:39 am

I think it's better he learn how to beat them properly now, than just tank them and not be able to beat them again when he gets to NG+.

@ARSP:

Summon signs are pretty rare for the 4 Kings though. So if he doesn't learn to solo them, eventually he'll just need to come to the forums to ask people to co-op every time he needs to beat them!

I had a good experience with Beatrice once, though. I seem to remember her helping quite a bit. But everyone else on the forums says she's dead weight, so I'm not sure anymore! Probably best to learn to do without her.

Seriously, the 4 Kings are easy no matter what NG+# you're on, if you know how to fight them properly. The sooner you learn that method, the better. Tanking and summoning will just delay the necessary learning experience you need to go through.
    Doelker
    Doelker
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by Doelker Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:16 pm

I don't even use a hard armor loke havel's or giant's... I only use my cool witch outfit and still be able to beat the 4 kings in NG+.
    But you do need a good strong weapon, some green herb, grass crest shield and like they said, just stay close to him and try to beat him as soon as posible before the second or third one appear. You actually have to beat them as soon as posible.
    Just becareful with the grabbing attack.
    Ohhh, I think they have a strong defense against lighting weapons, so try to avoid them. Divine or fire weapons do wonders IMO.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 12:41 pm