Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+2
Emergence
SolracSeis
6 posters

The Furtive Pymgy

DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

The Furtive Pymgy - Page 2 Empty Re: The Furtive Pymgy

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:39 am

He linked with the fire after it was exstinguished the first time and the Witch of Izalith attempted to recreate the flame but ended up making the bed of chaos. he's the second firekeeper.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:46 am

Ok I'll try to rewrite what I writ before hitting the back button sad . Lord Gwyn sacrificed himself to link the fire, he used the power of his Lord Soul, the most powerful Soul. He became Lord of Cinder and all his powers of Sunlight fade away. But the Flame needs the power of the Dark Soul to stay alive, and as Gwyn is no firekeeper nor has the Dark Soul, he fails to maintain it. That's when you (the Chosen Undead) comes in. You sacrifice yourself using the power of your ancestor, but the Flame will not stay alight forever, as you only got fragments of the Dark Soul, your humanity.

Edit: What the Chosen Undead does is like a SUPER kindle, but as Gwyn, is not able to maintain the Flame alight forever, only by a certain amount of time.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:02 am

DoughGuy. I don't see how you get Gwyn to be the Second fire keeper. and it said she try to duplicate it not recreated, small difference.

@WyrmHero where is the info for the Dark Soul? i know the Pygmy had it but how do you know what he did with it? (sorry i havent read all threads, Just kinda Started)
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:38 am

https://soulswiki.forumotion.com/t2238-the-truth-about-the-dark-soul-kirk-online-system-and-other-details

Here is the info. Chiz wrote the important parts of the interview in the post. You can read the interview too if you want. Very interesting find.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:52 am

thanks
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:54 am

Another thing that connects Acid's theory of First Firekeeper Velka with the Pygmy is that she is the Goddess of Sin. Guess who are the sinners...
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:00 am

I see what youre saying but to say that all the humans in dark souls are sinners would be connecting dark souls to our world.(make sense) I am convinced that would be the case. Not sure tho. Another thing. Velka is goddess of all sin, not just sins of humans.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:25 am

What else is there in the world to commit sin? Apart from a few exceptions like Seath there are no other known sentient creatures. Therefore she may as well be only the Goddess of human sin. I'd suggest you read Acidic's thread before we go any further into this argument. A lot of the stuff I say that you refute has been proven as much as it can in that thread better than I can explain it here.

@Wyrmhero I'm sorry but I just can't see Velka being the pygmy. She had her firekeeper soul BEFORE the firt flame was lits as the flame can be seen in the background when the pygmy is picking up its soul. On top of that is the easily forgotten part, which we have gone over before. Your theory about the infinite humanity thing is valid and makes sense but nothing else does for me I'm afraid.
    SolracSeis
    SolracSeis

Post by SolracSeis Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:25 am

DoughGuy, Im not refuting anything, i was giving my thoughts with some proof or something backing it up. you were saying words and now claim it to be the thought of someone else. get out and come back with you're ideas please.

And i was just about to go read Acidic's thread.

Oh Finally Im still not convinced that Pygmy can be identified. Mainly because of the forgotten Part. Every part of a Story is added for a reason even parts that arent added (like enough story elements) add effect and imagination for the gamer.

Also they said that in the interview, Thanks for the link WyrmHero.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:37 am

Ok, maybe refuting was not the exactly correct word to use however I believe my point was still clear. I have been presenting counter arguments based on other peoples ideas and attempting to convey them as well as i could. Just because they were not orignally my ideas does not mean they carry any less weight than your ideas. i too have been posting prrof to my arguments. However most of my proof comes in the form of the forums I have suggested you read. Please be more civil.

Whether or not the Pygmy can be identified is really moot to us here in the archives. We will continue searching fo his identity until we find it or FROM gives it to us.
    WyrmHero
    WyrmHero
    Lordvessel
    Lordvessel

Post by WyrmHero Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:45 am

Well DoughGuy, the game does says that each firekeeper has a Firekeeper Soul. The Firekeeper Soul says that the Soul is a draw for humanity, which means humanities are pulled in or attracted to the firekeeper. Each firekeeper must be a female, and most ( I think all, must check) corpses on the game that have twin humanities are female, just like the corpses containing a Firekeeper Soul. I think that firekeeping was an ancient art or job that women were entrusted to. I still don't know if firekeeping eventually transformed their souls into Firekeeper Souls, or they were born with that Soul. This needs proof.

Let's say that the Firekeeper Soul is the consequence of such firekeeping duties, which we can say that Velka eventually got one. I know that the Pygmy was forgotten and destroys my argument completely, I still think it is a very good idea to at least say that the First Firekeeper used the power of the Dark Soul to feed/maintain the First Flame. If we say this makes sense, then there's something wrong about Velka, but I don't want to go against Acid's ideas, at least for now.
    DoughGuy
    DoughGuy
    Duke's Archivist
    Duke's Archivist

Post by DoughGuy Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:27 pm

@Wyrm you see I believe that you are born a firekeeper i.e. born with a firekeeper soul, not eventually getting one through tending to a bonfire. I don't think it was an art/job that women were entrusted with but a consequence of what soul they had. So for me Velka had to start with a firekeeper soul that was already powerful enough to feed thre first flame which in turn means she did not need the dark soul to do the job. If the dark soul was a source of infinite humanity then Velka could draw from that soul. She wouldn't need it herself just have a strong connection to the owner of the soul, say like being the mother of that person. that way she could draw humanity from the pygmy's (god of war's) soul through her firekeepr soul.
    Rin
    Rin
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Rin Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:43 am

hope i wont offend any one too much by sain that the velka thing dosent add up at all velka was a godess therefore she was of the same race as gwin e.g. not human... i think that at the begining back when dragons ruled the earth there were also some type of a lesser humanoid creature some that were lucky found the lord souls that then coused them to evolve gwin found a soul that made him a god like being and pigme found the 'dark soul' that made him the first human... the dark soul is realy the man/human like the 'age of dark' is the age of men...humanity is a part of the dark soul that all humans carry... so any human that can become the dark lord the lord of humans as all humans are res childern... i think that the age of men almost arose but gwin feard it so he used hes lord soul to create the dark sigh by imputing a part of hes soul into evary human thats why undead are immortal the soul fragment that gwin imputed was realy small but it just like a normal flame slowly ate away the humanity of the host making them hollow thats why the dark sign is a burn mark

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 pm