Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+5
Baiulus
Forum Pirate
RANT
FruitPunchNinja
bloodpixel
9 posters

When has parrying become noobish?

bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

When has parrying become noobish? Empty When has parrying become noobish?

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Every time I parry someone they seem to hate me, and call me a noob. WTF
    FruitPunchNinja
    FruitPunchNinja
    Revived
    Revived

When has parrying become noobish? Empty Re: When has parrying become noobish?

Post by FruitPunchNinja Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:50 pm

i sure its just rage on their part. if all you do is spam parrys its not noobish but boring.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:55 pm

if you spam it can be boring but parrying its hard to do specially with the freaking lag, i always send a gg to whoever parries me.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:12 pm

Its not noobish, its rather difficult, Esp as parrying, like bsing, is avoidable. After the first time i'm nearly parried i start switching tactics and dead angleing to avoid it. I've never been parried more than once in a fight. (only been parried like 6 times though.)
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:14 pm

i think i p arried you in FC once, couldve been another pirate though.
    Forum Pirate
    Forum Pirate
    Chosen Undead
    Chosen Undead

Post by Forum Pirate Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 pm

Yeah. 3 in fc, 2 last night, 1 random duel. The 3 were you, DJ, and joocy i think. 1 each.
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:21 pm

i wanted to fight you yesterd but i was hosting and when i started fighting i got sleepy so i didnt stay for long.
    Baiulus
    Baiulus
    Addicted
    Addicted

Post by Baiulus Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:07 pm

Stop using mechanics of the game how you are supposed to. Spam WoG and gank people like everyone else. GOSH!
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:11 pm

It can be if you parry in a certain way. If some gets close to you and you parry three times before they even swing, that means you are just mashing the button trying to get a riposte. If the person ran to poke you and you parried once and caught them, then that's just fighting right.
    bloodpixel
    bloodpixel
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Post by bloodpixel Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Tolvo wrote:It can be if you parry in a certain way. If some gets close to you and you parry three times before they even swing, that means you are just mashing the button trying to get a riposte. If the person ran to poke you and you parried once and caught them, then that's just fighting right.
    I parried the rolling claw attack.
    Tolvo
    Tolvo
    Town Crier
    Town Crier

Post by Tolvo Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:12 pm

Well that's just a good parry then, nothing unskilled about it. Maybe a bit of luck was involved but still you landed it and there's nothing "noobish" about it.
    Serious_Much
    Serious_Much
    Moderator Trainee
    Moderator Trainee

Post by Serious_Much Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:38 pm

I was parried last night by someone, but then they didn't follow up with a riposte so i managed to win, very lucky.

To be fair every time there's a parry I congratulate them, it's hard with lag and maybe a bit of guesswork, but it's a gamble to even try it in that situation.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 25, 2012 5:08 pm

Lol at that comment. Parry spam can be very annoying, but it sounds like he was butt hurt. BTW, if they are L2 mashing to parry spam, just walk behind them and BS them. You can even set them up for it.
    Yesuurd
    Yesuurd
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by Yesuurd Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:24 pm

I love it how unfounded ragers always take words out of context like NOOB, it's like the word itself has no meaning whatsoever it's just spewed randomly.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:29 pm

It's an insult that's lost all meaning. It's almost laughable now, being so overused.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 5:50 pm