Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+20
Maneater_Mildred
lextune
JohnnyHarpoon
ChizFreak
bradnak
Specter737
sparkly-twinkly-lizard
xXDaemonarchXx
Dustofsaturn
Scudman_Slayer
Doelker
RANT
Nitos-Apprentice
Robotech
Carphil
strangejoy
aceluby
meridam99
Serious_Much
his1n-
24 posters

Can the community get any worse?

his1n-
    his1n-
    Addicted
    Addicted

Can the community get any worse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can the community get any worse?

Post by his1n- Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:30 am

who invades in blight town any way? the only invader i've encountered
    there was around lvl 30-50 with full ornsteins and he loved nasty
    tricks, so i smacked him over the head with an electrical hammer (was
    summoned to help a friend) why there at lvl 9? most noobs in their right
    minds are a least lvl 20...

changed sig to crys weapon, before i read your post... oh well. okay if
    it's lower blight town its still bad but if it'd been upper blight
    town... you'd have to be the twisted spawn of a lightning spamming
    griefer and a troll to invade in that convoluted mess

Blighttown is the only place in the entire game where you can be pretty damn sure that the players running around there are human (for Mildred), and the chance they have an indictment is very high too; also, it's simply something different to Kiln-/Ariamis-/...-play.
    Additionally, not even talking about the fact that I explained my level in the first post, ... why level 9?
    Because I can.
    If I couldn't, I would be level 20, running around with a build supporting the Giant's armor, a Shotel forged in hell and meanwhile wearing stuff which actually boosts poison defence.

Now, please, brainy posts only.
    SlakeMoth
    SlakeMoth
    Hollowed
    Hollowed

Can the community get any worse? - Page 3 Empty Re: Can the community get any worse?

Post by SlakeMoth Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:38 am

I think Dark Souls is one of the fairest games ever.

UNTIL you decide to go human at a bonfire because you want to read messages or summon help with a boss. Then it becomes a lottery because you run the risk of some skanker invading and messing up all your careful preparations and hard work in getting there. This is why I think that the PvP aspect of the game needs some kind of moderation and it's also the reason why I play offline most of the time and have beaten most of the bosses by myself.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:06 pm

I agree that the game is pretty fair. Like Bed of chaos, It's the most non-fair fair boss fight that is totally fair in a non-fair way.

And so is PvP, but what isn't fair is the way people act. We are always trying to find an edge and make it easier on ourselves, and harder for others. Will the person BB glitch and prey on the newbies, declaring themselves giant dicks, or fight fair and be good people.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:44 pm

From a pure PvP perspective, the BB glitch is awesome. It allows you to create a build and test it out within hours (depending on your spells). This is invaluable for those who want to do PvP.

Sure, it makes it easier for trolls to troll at low SL. But, it also makes it easier for people to defend against these asshats. Not only can you have a backup overpowered weapon from the start, but your coop partners can too. Imagine a troll invading you thinking he is boss with his lightning weapon. He comes after you and gets nailed with 2 or 3 people with the same weapons.
    Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:02 pm

I acknowledged that with the way I worded the BB glitch reference " Will the person BB glitch and prey on the newbies" It's the prey on newbies part that specifies what causes it to be called a 'dick move'.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:22 pm

I'd be very surprised if the BB glitch doesn't get patched. Trolls, co-op, and gifting new players ruins the entire reasoning behind the game. Difficulty, working through it, and learning. Between griefers, co-ops one shotting bosses, and one shotting bosses yourself the game becomes a far cry from what the developers intended and just becomes another hack and slash RPG.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:27 pm

That's true, if you are in it for PvE. But, for PvP, it is a godsend.

I understand wanting to keep this game difficult for everyone. That means we would be on the same playing field for accomplishments, instead of glitching them. I agree there. And, for my first several runs and Plat run, I didn't glitch. When I decided I wanted to do PvP, or specialized coop (build designed for certain levels that people need help with), then I started bb glitching, and even have a mule for it.

Today, I made a SL 5 anti-griefer build designed for the Burg/parish. It went quick. Now, I can help protect others who may be jumped with Lightning Zweis in the Burg/Parishm

Yarxov
    Yarxov
    Revived
    Revived

Post by Yarxov Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:02 am

Is it okay to be rude to griefers? like using the 'well what is it' and shrug? And no indictments? Just want to see the community view on this.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:04 am

I always bow. Regardless if they are asshats or not. I don't indict. That's is what many of them want anyway.
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    sparkly-twinkly-lizard
    Compulsory Poster
    Compulsory Poster

Post by sparkly-twinkly-lizard Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 am

hell... i've really just had horrid experiences in blight town with invaders my apologies if I went over board. and to answer the starting question: yes the community can alway's get worse because people can always get worse, hopefully those that constitute the majority of the griefers in dks will get distracted by something else soon.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:46 am

reim0027 wrote:That's true, if you are in it for PvE. But, for PvP, it is a godsend.

I understand wanting to keep this game difficult for everyone. That means we would be on the same playing field for accomplishments, instead of glitching them. I agree there. And, for my first several runs and Plat run, I didn't glitch. When I decided I wanted to do PvP, or specialized coop (build designed for certain levels that people need help with), then I started bb glitching, and even have a mule for it.

Today, I made a SL 5 anti-griefer build designed for the Burg/parish. It went quick. Now, I can help protect others who may be jumped with Lightning Zweis in the Burg/Parishm

For SL120+ PvP, yes, but PvP isn't just at SL120 unfortunately and many people use it for griefing, co-op, or as mules to give to new players.

Even 'anti-griefer' builds are bad, most can one shot the early bosses and lots of them are mules for new players. Hell, it ruins PvP even in the 30-50 range.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:28 am