Souls Series Wiki Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+3
reim0027
Gol
mugenis4real
7 posters

The Moonlight Scourge

mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

The Moonlight Scourge Empty The Moonlight Scourge

Post by mugenis4real Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:33 am

Soul Level-120
    Vitality:45
    Attunement:12
    Endurance:40
    Strength:16
    Dexterity:10
    Intelligence:40
    Faith:28

Right Hand-Moonlight Greatsword+5
    Right Hand2-Empty
    Left Hand-Velka's Talisman
    Left Hand2-Grass Crest Shield+15

Mask of the Mother
    Havel
    Havel
    Silver Knight+5

Dark Wood Grain Ring
    Ring of Favor and Protection

Wrath of God(x2)

Moonlight Greatsword has amazing stunlock which is only rivaled by the Greatlord Greatsword so unless your opponent was smart about their armor, they may never even get to land that first hit. Speaking of armor, the set that I finally settled on gives you enough poise to tank if you really need that backstab (you shouldn't) and is still light enough to let you ninja flip like the best of em. Mask of the mother doesn't really need an explanation, more vitality is more vitality. The rings are pretty standard stuff when it comes to PvP so blah blah blah. Theres just enough faith to allow use of the best miracle in the game known as WoG and with Velka's Talisman it's gonna be stacking with the 40 Int, not the measly 28 faith. Grass Crest is for when you want to hulk out and two-hand the MLGS. Right hand2 is empty because if you even put a catalyst in that hand you lose DWGR flip (I made my armor that exact) and yea that basically sums up how I spend my free time lol.
    Gol
    Gol
    Addicted
    Addicted

The Moonlight Scourge Empty Re: The Moonlight Scourge

Post by Gol Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:13 am

Why making a thread about that build when you can ask almost every forest farmer about how to make it ?
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:39 am

Gol wrote:Why making a thread about that build when you can ask almost every forest farmer about how to make it ?

Cause I'm crazy like a fox.
    reim0027
    reim0027

Post by reim0027 Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:15 am

Interesting. The MLGS will trick people into thinking you don't have WoG. Then when they try to pivot BS you, they get a surprise!
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:23 am

I have a German buddy that rocked the sl125 version of this build for a few months. It is a beast. I usually choose the higher vit no faith attunement route for mlgs, but there are definitely times where that wog would be nice. You will definitely have fun with it!!!
    The Once-Ler
    The Once-Ler
    Obsessed
    Obsessed

Post by The Once-Ler Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:28 am

Also, he used replenishment as a staple. You may want to consider adding it in even if it means sacrificing 2 vit. The difference of less than 40 hp for 600hp replenish is definitely worth it.

Edit. Also, I think he used the BK armor with the havel/Havel to get to the 77 poise break. So look into that if you want. If you can live without the shield, the moonlight butterfly horn packs a punch as offhand backup at 40 int. Hope you don't mind the unsolicited advice, but mlgs builds are some of my all time favorites so I obviously have opinions lol. You will have a blast with it!!!

Last edited by The Once-Ler on Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
    Carphil
    Carphil
    Chat Moderator

Post by Carphil Sat Mar 31, 2012 10:43 am

That sword stunlocked me in first hit in the other day.

Did I metioned I was using full black knight and wolfs ring?
    RANT
    RANT
    Tyler Durden
    Tyler Durden

Post by RANT Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:47 am

why not bring int to 44 for css, it's one of the bes spells in the game(specially with that damn lag). and im sorry but i hate your armor choices, htat thing is gonna look ugly as hell.
    aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:08 pm

I agree w/ rant... I'd also get one more ATT for it so you've got 4 casts of that, plus 6 WOG's.
    mugenis4real
    mugenis4real
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by mugenis4real Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:54 am

reim0027 wrote:Interesting. The MLGS will trick people into thinking you don't have WoG. Then when they try to pivot BS you, they get a surprise!
    Exactly! You see the wonderful amusement this build allows for!

The Once-Ler wrote:Also, he used replenishment as a staple. You may want to consider adding it in even if it means sacrificing 2 vit. The difference of less than 40 hp for 600hp replenish is definitely worth it.

Edit. Also, I think he used the BK armor with the havel/Havel to get to the 77 poise break. So look into that if you want. If you can live without the shield, the moonlight butterfly horn packs a punch as offhand backup at 40 int. Hope you don't mind the unsolicited advice, but mlgs builds are some of my all time favorites so I obviously have opinions lol. You will have a blast with it!!!
    Advice is always welcome, although I doubt I will be making any changes after all the testing and numbers I went through, other builds are always interesting.

RantFromRant wrote:why not bring int to 44 for css, it's one of the bes spells in the game(specially with that damn lag). and im sorry but i hate your armor choices, htat thing is gonna look ugly as hell.
    As powerful as CSS is, unless my opponent is being double teamed or attacked by normal enemies, it will miss 95% of time. The armor is focused on functionality, not looks, although I must agree the horrible look of my toon is offputting.

aceluby
    aceluby
    Insomniac
    Insomniac

Post by aceluby Sun Apr 01, 2012 7:58 pm

mugenis4real wrote:
    As powerful as CSS is, unless my opponent is being double teamed or attacked by normal enemies, it will miss 95% of time. The armor is focused on functionality, not looks, although I must agree the horrible look of my toon is offputting.

IMO it hits much more often than that, especially when timed appropriately, also when you do hit you've put yourself at a significant advantage. As a bonus you'll be putting more damage into your main weapon...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 6:06 pm